It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US gave Israel Green Light for Sabra, Shatila Massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
By Finian Cunningham
Global Research News
September 19, 2012
Link : www.globalresearch.ca...

The article says there were mass murder in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps of West Beirut . Even UN had denounced the crime . The killing was horrific as told by the eye witness .

For three days, between 15 and 18 September, up to 3,500 men, women and children were butchered in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps of West Beirut. Their mutilated, mangled bodies bulldozed into mass graves

The massacre would not have been possible only for the collaboration of Israel’s Defence Forces, which had months earlier invaded Lebanon and taken control of the camps

Sabra and Shatila were populated by destitute families of Palestinians

The United Nations’ General Assembly later condemned what happened at Sabra and Shatila as “an act of genocide”

A UN commission of inquiry, headed up by Irish statesman Sean MacBride, concluded that the Israeli authorities and their forces were involved and responsible for the deaths. The then head of the IDF was Ariel Sharon who later would hold four ministerial posts before becoming Israeli Prime Minister from 2001 to 2006.

“I saw dead women in their houses with their skirts up to their waists and their legs spread apart; dozens of young men shot after being lined up against an alley wall; children with their throats slit, a pregnant woman with her stomach chopped open, her eyes still wide open, her blackened face silently screaming in horror; countless babies and toddlers who had been stabbed or ripped apart and who had been thrown into garbage piles.”

edit on 6-10-2012 by synapsis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Sabra and Shatila are absolutely one area where the equivilency mde between Palestinian Terrorists and Israeli Defense Force Soldiers is 100% valid, accurate and warranted. They didn't DO this massacre...but they left the gates they were manning wide open for the animals to come and go and decimate the camp inside. Big deal on splitting hairs. Sharon should have stood to answer for this. No question.

I miss the US part though, in the source article as well. At the time this happened, the U.S. was all over that area playing games but also having a hell of a time taking much of the local hate itself. 2 Embassies and the Barracks attest to how strong that hate was. I don't think Israel of the time really cared to ask our permission for much of anything. This was just after they unofficially, officially but without admitting it, coughed up nuclear weapons over our objections..and I don't believe they were the closest of friends. (Tho always allies, to clarify of course).

In my opinion of having researched this event and being one on here bringing up the names from time to time as well, I think it's 100% on Israel's doorstep and STILL their duty to admit to and make right...as much as the far larger 'Rape of Nanking' is STILL something Japan needs to live up to. Different scale of death...but same senseless outrage and orgy of death and depravity, IMO.

kinda misleading on the title though..unless there was a smoking gun I've never seen and missed in the source material here?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by synapsis

The US gives izrael unconditional support for everything.

Many argue that its really the other way around, that izrael actually controls the US.

Part of the reason (among many) why people in that region resent the US is because of their/our one sided support for izrael, which by anyone's definition is a rogue, apartheid state having committed crimes against humanity.

new topics

join