It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you kill yourself to save a complete stranger?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

Old Eskimos go outside and take all of their clothes off, when starvation is threatening a village. It is an act of love. "There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends." John 15:13 It is never the act but always the intent that matters and anything done in love, is always right, regardless of the outcome. Our purpose or mission is always the same; grow our aura, help others and create love. Love is always expressed with humility.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Kill myself, as in suicide, no.

As a sacrifice to save a single individual, Yes!!!!!!

No doubt about about it. Ive seen enough and done enough and have closure in my life, even though im in my early 30's, im pretty much detached from most attachments and ready to go at any time.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Of course miss knowing all. What tells you being human isnt the bottom of existence and being a stone the top? Because you thought logic existed outside your narrow minded mind?

Oh well preconceived ideas are hard to erase once they are forced into you, right?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamLaw

Since all my loved ones are included in mankind. I would. But If my loved ones were to stay alive and the rest of humanity had to die, I would probably let everyone die. Selfish I know...

Thing is, without the rest of humanity ... you and your loved ones would soon die anyway.
edit on 7-10-2012 by fmoriss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I would sacrifice myself to save a stranger, depending on the method of death (meaning something not painful or self-inflicted). Now I guess I could never know but I would prefer if I could have some assurance that this person was good.
I say this because I don't place too much value in my own life.

edit on 7-10-2012 by vendettent because: changing sentance structure.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
maybe save a kid by pushing out of way of a car or something a young kid though who doesnt know of the danger

someone my age or older? hell no they should know better and they lived their life let me live mine!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

Id guess u wont know until your standing in that situation... I hope i will have the courage and reaction to intervene if needed. Id gladly give up my life to save somebody else.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I would not kill myself. Depending on the particular circumstances i would risk my life for a stranger.

This. Well said.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

I would kill myself to save one person. If you don't try to save one person, how will you ever save any? If I were to lose everything to ensure that this stranger would live in my memory, and would continue to love and be loved because of my sacrifice - what better gift?

If I could save this world by destroying myself, I'd throw myself into a volcano and be glad for it. If my death would teach the human race the meaning of compassion and show them how to live kindly toward one another, what better death is there? One where no one notices your passing, or no one remembers you, or no one is grateful for you having existed in the first place?

To die for someone else is the best way to go, in my opinion. Just please, give me something to smoke before I do.

edit on 7-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join