It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Are The “End Of Days" - Maynard James Keenan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Maynard James Keenan: These Are The "End of Days"

Anyone who may be a fan, such as I, of Maynard and practically everything he does and/or creates here at ATS I thought would be interested in reading this, especially considering the subject matter. Recently, MJK has been given his own bi-monthly blog in the Phoenix New Times. This above link is his first entry, dated September 10th, and with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek, Maynard offers his discombobulated musings on the End of Days, and the fact that we are indeed living in them. Anybody familiar with his brand of humor will not be surprised but rather treated with a familiar sight. A taste:

These are in fact the "End Of Days" and people need to know about it As Soon As Possible! Obviously the only rational thing to do is to clear out all of your bank accounts and send me a cashier's check for the full amount. These funds will assist in further delivering this message to the rest of the world.

I have always enjoyed his urging of his fans and followers to not hang on his every word, but instead to use their God given mind and think for themselves - and of course act accordingly. Many are unwilling or unable to accept this and forever torment him (and the rest of us) with their obsessive behavior, trying to decipher every morsel of genius the man offers to us. Taking his words as literal instead of recognizing the underlying meaning is always dangerous when dealing with Maynard. As he has sang, "Overthinking, overanalyzing, separates the body from the mind." It is somewhat short, but short and sweet (and a bit flummoxed, for the uninitiated, at least) and anyone who enjoys his work I believe will enjoy what he has to say here - no matter the length.

Here is his 2nd blog posting, dated September 24. I haven't read this one yet but am about to after posting this thread. The title? Maynard James Keenan: Rochambeau Myself

I think this is definitely in the wrong forum, hopefully a Mod can help me out. Much apologies.

Enjoy, friends.
edit on 6-10-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I agree 100%!! Maynard is awesome!! Hey I dog RP too! You da man!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

Yes, these are the end of days, just ask Harold Camping.

Its been the End of Days for 2,000 years now. I suspect it will be the End of Days for another 2,000 years.

They will probably be selling books about it then I suppose....or whatever the communication medium is then, quantum tunneling?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So does the end of days mean everyone has to work night shift
Bars will be packed at 7am I guess.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Maynard is a smart, smart guy. Anyone who actually begins to study him will find an extremely interesting read. He incorporates a lot of esoteric concepts into his lyrics, meter, rhythms...

The funny part is a lot of 2012's will see this as validation when I suspect Maynard is just having a bit of fun.

Actually I more than suspect.

Actually, Maynard, if you're reading this, I've figured out your game, and it's an old one... so send me 10% of whatever you receive as a result of that blog and I'll keep quiet about the shenanigans!

Gotta love the guy.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree 100%. His intelligence is what draws me to his music. I am a huge TOOL fan, especially with how they incorporate sacred geometry and other occult influences into the music, but I love A Perfect Circle and Puscifer, as well. Not only the subject matter he throws into his music, but how he does it has always intrigued me. And you're right, he is having a little fun with the doomsayers (after all, he signs out with the moniker "Chicken Little"), he has done it time and time again. His songs Aenima - detailing our sick society and how he would like to see it all flushed away so we can start over again - and Rosetta Stoned - where he is essentially telling the story of a man too doped up on drugs to remember what an ET visitation has revealed to him about the end of mankind - are two of my favorite songs of all time. Many of his other songs incorporate subjects that ATS members would find interesting, everything from aliens to indigo children.

Just the way he does it is pure rock n' roll in my eyes, and yet it seems to go over so many people's heads. Its smart rock and roll. It's almost as if he is aware of something the rest of us are not. With his dealings in esoteric culture I wouldn't put it past him... but mostly I think he believes that more than anything, we as humans hold our own destiny in our hands. If the End of Days were actually to present itself, it would be because of us bringing it upon ourselves.

As I stated, his tongue is planted firmly in his cheek in this article. He does not believe it is the End of Days, at least from what I can tell.. but he does use his music to enlighten people to ideas that are usually constrained to the periphery. I salute him for that.
edit on 6-10-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

No sir, it is not the End of Days, but I understand your point and it is one that I agree with. Every generation has believed they were the last. I don't know if you actually read the article, but Maynard is making a joke about those people.

He sure as hell ain't no Harold Camping.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Maynard is absolutely brilliant.

That being said, it is sad how many people will believe he is being serious in this article and will completely miss the point of what he is trying to convey

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thanks so much for posting this!!

I do love me some Maynard. The guy is talented all the way around....musically he is brilliant, but his writing is the icing on the cake, not just lyrically, but also his prose, as his recent blogs prove IMO.

Although, I am pretty sure he got one thing wrong....in his new blog he mentions twilight being done by "emo ennuchs on '___'" well, I am almost positive that is accurate. I have had this sneaky suspicion for quite sometime now....and I am pretty sure that is the only possible explaination for the content of those books and movies.....you simply cannot convince me a 30 something housewife from Utah came up with those stories....no way...no how.....

I will be checking out his further musings, for more important "insights". His perspective is always appreciated by those who have lifted the veil and discovered that in order to accept what is behind it, a strong sense of humor is neccessary.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
To be honest, I can't tell just how facetious he's intending to be - obviously his suggestions at the end are, but... anyhow, the real question here - WHEN IS THE NEW TOOL ALBUM COMING OUT?!?!?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Dont know what hes thinking. There are so many people in that End Time game. Somehow there must still be some money in it. At least he going for it all, clean out the bank as opposed to a small 10%.

Besides he knows its not their money anyway.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It will constantly be "The End of Days"....
Until....... well... The actual end.

new topics

top topics

join