It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must See - Where Do Your Tax Dollars Go....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Did any one catch Mitt Romney closing statements after the Presidential Debate on 10/03/2012? He will not cut one cent from the military. Vote Libertarian.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatdamage

More than $2 Trillion gone and that was when the military budget was HALF of what it is now. Cant imagine how much money is "lost" now.

REPORT: U.S. Military Spending Has Almost Doubled Since 2001

And people want to give MORE money to our government.

People are so incredibly clueless, its incredible.

Government is a failed experiment which needs to be drastically reduced in scope and size.

edit on 6-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Every 4 years its the same crap.
I think its time to flush out big government

See what I did there?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'll agree entirely that the Defense budget is far larger than it ought to be or needs to be in my view...and most of that is on R&D and maintenance of forces. Although I really have no clue where some of those numbers came from...and there is something else.. If one wants to see what the numbers say:

U.S. Federal Budget Proposal - White House Version 2013

Nothing is really hidden except for that classified black side and in a budget of many trillions, even 60 billion makes little difference in the overall picture. However much that 60 stands out to some.

Umm.. it's a small thing... really, probably petty, too but something just rubs me wrong as an American to listen to a lengthy video about how bad my Department of Defense and spending on National Security is....while looking at an Al Jazeera badge in the corner of the video the whole time. It's would be similar, I'd imagine, to a fair and well made documentary in the Middle East that is more accurate than not.......but carrying a Voice of America badge in the same spot.

There is something to be said about source in context, even if the message may have some good points in the mix.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Are you purposely digging up old threads, renaming them, and posting the same content? There is a search feature on ATS to look for topics. Not trying to sound like a D, but come on...this is two threads you've started that have discussions going on already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

you ever try using the search function wanna be moderator seems all I see of you is posts decrying others for not using a tool that anyone whos been with this site for a while knows doesn't function worth a **** so why don't you climb off your high horse and add to convo's yourself. Or is the another moderator election coming up and your getting your ducks in a row.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
Are you purposely digging up old threads, renaming them, and posting the same content? There is a search feature on ATS to look for topics. Not trying to sound like a D, but come on...this is two threads you've started that have discussions going on already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good, because if you were trying to sound like a D, you didn't.

You sounded like an A.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

War huh ya! what is it a good for...Everything actually.

Quick somebody patch me through to the military wing of the salvation army.

I am not so much worried about the budget of our military as the fact that once in a while whole great sums of $$$ and funds just go a missing. Oh so mysteriously. Likely judging by were all the rest the tax dollars are going, chances are its all going into certain peoples pockets. Wasteful indeed, we may as well just build some schools or hospitals then, or use it to go to mars or the moon or pretty much anything else.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here's a question:
Has anybody ever seen reciepts for spent tax dollars?

I have no idea if what they say they spent it on is actually what they spent it on.
I don't even know where to start looking.

join