It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Also looks like Oxy #1 is also in danger....

freedomrox.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Folks might be interested in this informative article by National Geographic entitled "Sinkhole Science: A Primer"

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
New flyover video up. Also we have a serious problem, we now have not only cavern 3 in question, but we have cavern 1 they are starting to question the integrity. I'm on my phone right now, I'll post the information up when I get home.

Oxy 1 is brine
Oxy 3 is the butane

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sorry guys, still not home but I am out here in Bayou Corne. Got a few pics of operations from the road I'll upload ASAP. I've been running the roads for work lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Interesting video of Gov. Jindal, evading questions, get a load of the expressions on the faces of his entourage -

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I am SSSOOOO looking forward to this thread tomorrow, Are you going to the town meeting Cajun?? If you do, we would all love to hear all the gory details of happenings there. Hopefully you all down there can get some answers. COME ON ERIN!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I too am looking forward to hearing what CB has to report.

This is getting more scary and more interesting as we now hear that Erin B. is looking into this. My hope is she can find some way to help these people who have lost their rights to there own properties, and people who have been affected with health issues.

As far a Jindal, I think he's a Tool. He'll get his. I can't see him running for anything except away. This is going to bring some much needed attention to the crap these scum bags have been up to.

Hopefully no one will lose their lives over this.
edit on 9-3-2013 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I hear ya Crappie, I see your in Illinois, so if something happened, and the New Madrid ripped, You'd be affected to. Yeah, I say the guys in charge need to have thier nuts put in a vice over this stuff. But, thats me. I will probably be back here later tonight to see if there are any updates.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I too am looking forward to anything CajunBoy has to report. My sources have dried up over the last couple of days. Maybe They are waiting for the results of the Erin Brockovich visit to give another update.

Of course by now we know that any small amount of good news will be closely followed by some more really bad news. The pattern is well set by now.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
While we all anxiously await the results form tonight's meeting. Let's look at flyovers. Please remember that Spring has sprung in LA. Look at the trees that are NOT turning green.

The old staging area is barely hanging on. The water is winning and soon the sinkhole will claim it.

edit on 9-3-2013 by AuntB because: fix link

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here you can find all the pictures of the sinkhole. It certainly has grown.
Assumption Parish Police Jury's buddy icon Assumption Parish Police Jury's photostream

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
New flyover video up. Also we have a serious problem, we now have not only cavern 3 in question, but we have cavern 1 they are starting to question the integrity. I'm on my phone right now, I'll post the information up when I get home.

Oxy 1 is brine
Oxy 3 is the butane
So I always figured we would see the integrity of another cavern be questioned and mostlike we would see a failure. Now Oxy 3 has the butane but they have been steadily relocating the butane since August or September. I recall that it will take upwards of a year to empty that cavern. I do wonder if they knew in August that Oxy 3 was going to fail and decided to be semi-proactive.

Maybe 1 is butane and 3 failed.
edit on 9-3-2013 by AuntB because: 1 or 3

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I just came across a couple of new video updates on the sinkhole for 3/8/2013 and 3/9/2013. There is a little new info and some different points of view. We ar still waiting for some real news from cajunBoy but in the meantime here are the videos.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ok here we go:

Here is a news report that is scaring residents. I find it's a little grim.

www.wbrz.com...

Here is an article talking about cavern 2 is closer to the wall than #3 was and we may see a second sinkhole soon.
theadvocate.com...

Another more detailed report on the next possible cavern collapse:

freedomrox.wordpress.com...

We may see a domino effect of all surrounding caverns. This makes me concerned about the equipment placement at the butane cavern.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now seeing the light of negligence and corruption of the state and Texas Brine. Bobby Jindal dodging questions on this goes to show you there is more to the story.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ok so that we are all on the same page lol, I screwed up too.

#3 failed
#1 and 2 is possible future failure.

#1 has brine
#2 has the butane

Please correct me if I am wrong. Too many caverns to keep track on lol

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

I couldn't wait until tomorrow, well, between what Happykat and Cajun posted, it is very un-nerving that the governor won't even go there???? WHY???? What does he really know??? WOW, it sounds like no one down there will vote for him again. And rightfully so. Just wonder what the kick-backs are to him from Texas Brine???

Just WOW!!!! Cajunboy, please, stay safe.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Disturbing indeed, the quotes below are from the end of the article.

They are also saying that they want to keep on top of the second cavern at risk so they can respond rapidly. RESPOND RAPIDLY; they don't even know how to respond to the sinkhole they already have, how the heck are they going to "respond rapidly" or at any other speed, if they don't know what to do in the first place.

Maybe they just want to be able to run in circles and scream at each other uselessly a lot sooner for the next cave in than they did for the first one. In fact, with enough practice they might even be able to point fingers at each other for the third cave in before it even happens.

That could even become a new political ploy, precognitive blaming.

Keep an eye towards Oxy Geismar #1, for it is another engineering disaster waiting to happen.

Coming up next;

Could there be another contributing factor to this disaster as well? Mainly the Hooker Oil Drilling Well #1, just feet away from the Oxy Geismar #3 Salt Cavern, and over a 15 year period depleting the formation at the same depths as the bottom of Oxy Geismar #3.

We shall explore these possibilities in my next article.. Louisiana Sinkhole: Comedy of Errors?

edit on 9-3-2013 by happykat39 because: clarified a point

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Happy, this is gonna sound bad, but I was laughing at what you said about rapid response to cavern 2. And I would call the "rapid response" an Oxy-moron. As you pointed out. But, the whole situation is definatly no laughing matter. Did we ever have a funeral for common sense and logic, or did I miss it??

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The media down here is starting to get traction and is shinning more light on the situation. More people are now starting to wake up!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
2nd Sinkhole Update - - -

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join