It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I really like this site to get my sinkhole news. They have named the sinkhole Lake FUBAR and often refer to it as barfy. There is seismic activity. There seems to be and I expect something to happen soon.

Lake FUBAR Barfed at 2 A.M. – Additional Activity

Sinkhole activities halt work nearby

The waiting begins......

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

This is from your Advocate link...

SOURCE

The first phase of an earthen berm surrounding a 71-acre area that encompasses the sinkhole was finished Saturday, providing complete containment of the brine-filled hole. Another phase to bring the berm to a height of 5 feet above ground level is planned.

As if a 40 acre sinkhole isn't bad enough they are putting a 5ft high levee around 71 acres encompassing the sinkhole.

This whole situation reminds me of a late 70's snow storm in Chicago. It started out as a prediction for partly cloudy and flurries. But it was such a weak storm that it stalled out at Lake Michigan and began circulating the relatively warm and moist air over the lake back over the land as additional snowfall. Just about every hour they upped the prediction for snowfall by an inch or so. When it was all over, a day and a half later, there was 27 inches of partly cloudy and flurries on the ground.

The parallel is that something initially reported as only a minor problem keeps getting incrementally worse every time new predictions and updates are released.

So, I have to ask; what is the sinkholes "27 inches" going to end up being? Will it keep going until it swallows the whole bloody state of Louisiana, and possibly a significant section of the gulf coast salt dome area?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Half way thru the video a truck comes out of the road. They have a trails with tanks and liquid in them. What are they hauling out of there? Could they be taking liquid out for testing?
edit on 27-2-2013 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have been following this thread regularly, good job to the folks who keep this going.

I have always loved geology, even though I don't know much about it. I am curious how an "earth berm" in swamp lands could really contain this problem, and I guess the logic fails me when I try to wrap my head around it as it seems this could fail easily.

I do see, however, how troublesome this sinkhole could become, and I admit that the whole Edward Cayce thing makes me a little uneasy. I don't usually believe in that sort of thing, but I recently watched a special on his life, and it really struck me that he did not try to use his "gift" for personal gain.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have to admit, while it is not funny in the least, I read Lake FUBAR, and I had to laugh. but I'd like to point out it's not truly FUBAR'd yet. It is a mess down there for sure. With the minor seismic activity by Tennessee, and hurricane season coming up.....It would probably be best to get the hell out of dodge.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/environment/2013/02/explosive-methane-fault-migration-gulf-to-la-salt-domes-2462438.html

Here is a great article, what y'all think of it? Though written by Deborah Dupre is seems as though it holds water. No pun intended.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

That is a good find CajunBoy...

I just finished reading the article and it does bring together in one place most of what we have all been talking about on this thread for months.

The only thing I didn't see specifically mentioned was any connection to the New Madrid Fault Zone. But some of the fault line and seismic statements can be easily inferred to affect it.

While "Before Its News" has serious credibility problems, that doesn't seem to be the case in this article.

ETA - The site I usually get my info from has been totally quiet since my last posting on the 23rd. There has been no activity of any kind. I am going to do my own digging for new information if nothing shows up by tomorrow.
edit on 27-2-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I apologize for what I am about to type, and hopefully it will not be removed. BUT, I think I figured out why the govt has been stock piling ammo, and such, THEY KNOW eventually this thing is gonna BLOW. Once the general public finds this out, Hell yes there is gonna be civil unrest. Ok Happy, I will reflect back on being collage educated. Payed all that money to make some REALLY bad decisions. Makes me want to go enroll.

THEY KNEW there was a problem, but they went ahead ANYWAY??? JUST FUKIN WOW. I sickins me to know we have people who are in charge that has absolutly no consideration of the consequences, AND DO IT ANYWAY!!!! That article should go viral, like yesterday. I'm gonna start a new thread, if someone can please put that article in it for me, we'll see if we can't get this problem more recognized. Thank you guys. It will be called "The real reason for civil unrest"

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here is a video I haven't seen before. It links the booms heard in the New Madrid Fault Zone to booms heard in the same area just before the New Madrid earthquakes of 1811/1812. All the garbage happening in the Louisiana gulf coast and sinkhole areas could also be linked to the New Madrid Fault Zone. All the information we have been posting here in this thread is making it harder to go "off topic" when posting anything even remotely seismic in the entire New Madrid Fault Zone.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Little tidbit of what I think is news and has been long awaited. My cypress tress are starting to go green again. We are about to see a huge scar of blight in BC.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Sorry if this is a dumb question. What does that mean your cypress tree's are going green?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here is a video linking the sinkhole directly to the possibility of a New Madrid quake.

And another linking everything from the B P disaster to the New Madrid into one big mega disaster.

LA sinkhole, Katrina, BP oil spill, New Madrid, all tie in together!!

These videos linking the New Madrid to many other events are just a tip of the iceberg offering. The number of somewhat credible theories about an imminent mega quake in the New Madrid fault zone are starting to get scary.
edit on 28-2-2013 by happykat39 because: added second video

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

to bloom lol. it is getting its leaves back lol

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

That what I thought. But your post seemed kinda cryptic.

The "scar of blight" just kinda threw me off.
edit on 1-3-2013 by crappiekat because: To add

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Happy, Cajun, If you would please pop in on my thread I started. "the REAL reason for civil unrest" Not too many responses as of yet, and the ones there are trying to discredit what I'm saying. So some input for "people on the ground" would be greatly appreciated. thank you guys.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
Happy, Cajun, If you would please pop in on my thread I started. "the REAL reason for civil unrest" Not too many responses as of yet, and the ones there are trying to discredit what I'm saying. So some input for "people on the ground" would be greatly appreciated. thank you guys.

I got your U2U but due to doctor appointments and other clutter in my schedule I haven't had time yet. I will get to it tonight sometime.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
I popped in and got the correct link listed. Plus added some point that could help with discussion.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Kat you gave me lots to watch. I am reluctant to cede that BP, sinkhole and New Madrid are all one. BP & the sinkhole yes but the goings on in the gulf setting off or aiding the New Madrid to finally go is just a stretch. I am not a scholar of Casey's nor do I watch everything on youtube, but I will watch your links and be back with some thoughts.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Celestial Convergence has finally posted an update on the sinkhole. There are two links to WLLTV just under the first picture that have a little new info mixed in with the old.

SOURCE #1 - Celestial Convergence

The Work By The Giant Louisiana Sinkhole Have Been Suspended After Increase In Seismic Activity - New Flyover Videos Are Released!

March 01, 2013 - UNITED STATES - Officials put a hold on all work at the site of a growing sinkhole in Assumption Parish profiled in an Eyewitness Investigation because of seismic activity.

Over the last 24 hours monitoring has turned up what appears to be an increase in the underground movement of fluids in the area of the failed salt cavern.

Analysts say even though there appears to be no additional significant threat to the general area, until the underground activity slows down again operations will not resume.

Here are the two links to WWLTV from Celestial Convergence.

SOURCE #2 - WWLTV

SOURCE #3 - WWLTV AGAIN

Here are the two latest flyovers on March 1st 2013.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the links to the flyovers. Nice road they built around the mess. CB is correct, things do look like they are starting to green up. The trees need a few more weeks then we should see the real damage.

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join