It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
“I think this was expected,” Boudreaux said, “because the scientists have estimated that the hole will grow. It was just reported because it did grow.”

Catch that last word in the ex text below. Stabilizing, then why all the concern over the rest of the dome if they really think anything about this disaster is becoming more stable.

Sonny Cranch, a spokesman for Texas Brine, agreed with Boudreaux’s assessment that Tuesday’s slough was expected, calling it “part of the process of the sinkhole stabilizing.”

They are thumping to see how big this disaster is. He may have said sinkhole stabilizing but I think he meant dome stabilizing. As you pointed out above the more news the worse news, the growth will continue IMO because things have been fractured/split etc...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Storms? What storms? Lol the thing just missed me. I had a few rain showers here and there, not spectacular.

Many residents are Fuming because the meetings are happening further and further apart. They have lots of questions to ask but no meeting to ask them in.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
just a curious question for some of the youngin's reading along.
now that DOW is involved, guess which WWII scientists founded DOW ??
Operation Paperclip ring a bell for anyone ?
if not, you might wanna read up.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
just a curious question for some of the youngin's reading along.
now that DOW is involved, guess which WWII scientists founded DOW ??
Operation Paperclip ring a bell for anyone ?
if not, you might wanna read up.

Could you supply some links to support your statement? I just did a search and found no connection between DOW and Nazi scientists. Dow was founded in 1897 by Canadian born chemist Herbert Henry Dow. They later joined with Corning Inc., formerly known as Corning Glass Works, to become Dow Corning. They also bought out Union Carbide, itself a merger of two companies founded in the late 1800s, None of the companies mentioned have any ties to Nazi scientists listed in their histories.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Are you referring to this?

employed the Nazi scientist known as “the Devil’s Chemist”, found guilty of “enslavement” and “mass murder” at Nuremberg for his role in the Buna factory at Auschwitz
I know the IG farben chemical company has a confusing but who's who past. It all gets real confusing to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
Storms? What storms? Lol the thing just missed me. I had a few rain showers here and there, not spectacular.

Many residents are Fuming because the meetings are happening further and further apart. They have lots of questions to ask but no meeting to ask them in.
Hey you surfaced! Mardi Gras must be wrapped up.

Q: what are the residents thinking? Do they really think they will be going home? Do they think this is going to clear up soon? What exactly are they hoping for? Their lives have changed and thinks are not going to be as they were. That sinkhole is going to get bigger, stinkier and spew lots of stuff. They aren't going to get a true confession, they are going to get a tidbit thrown out here & there but I don't think a large announcement of the true state of is going to be made because the Governor is giving these Corps a free pass.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Most recent situation summary:
Assumption Parish Operational Situation Summary

I noticed the last page is now the Long Range Plan.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

happykat ?? i've not known you to search for info and come up short ... especially on a topic like this.

however, to answer you query ...

Otto Ambros

Ambros was arrested by the US Army in 1946. He had tested poisons and chemicals on concentration camp inmates, and had overseen the IG Buna Werke rubber plant at Auschwitz. At Nuremberg in 1948 he was sentenced to eight years confinement, and was ultimately released from Landsberg Prison early in 1952.

Release from prison
After his release he became an advisor to chemical companies such as J. Peter Grace, Dow Chemical, as well as the U.S. Army Chemical Corps, and Konrad Adenauer.[1][2]

Dow in India
(^^ this one doesn't have alot to do with the Nazi aspect but at the same time, it does)

neihs / source
Two Nazi refugee scientists, Frisch and R.E. Peierls, warn the U.S. about Germany's nuclear weapons program. Albert Einstein writes a letter to Pres. Truman warning him about the Nazi threat.
and where did Frisch and Peierls end up ??

and this isn't JUST history ... as recently as Feb 2011 ... check this ...

Dow scientist convicted

A former Dow Chemical Company scientist has been sentenced to five years in prison for selling trade secrets to Chinese companies, the US Justice Department announced Friday.
oh yeah, this one ... concerns the Plaquemine facility and this guy was prosecuted in Baton Rouge.

now don't get me wrong, i'm not suggesting Mr Liou is/was a Nazi but DOW most certainly is influenced by every aspect of the Nazi belief system.

and this link isn't meant to distract from this thread, just answering your question ... does Hans Josef Grebe ring any bells ?? project 1947

need more ?? just ask.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
reply to post by Honor93

Are you referring to this?

employed the Nazi scientist known as “the Devil’s Chemist”, found guilty of “enslavement” and “mass murder” at Nuremberg for his role in the Buna factory at Auschwitz
I know the IG farben chemical company has a confusing but who's who past. It all gets real confusing to me.

since you didn't provide a link, i'm gonna guess this is in reference to Ambros but is it ?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

guess which WWII scientists founded DOW ??

Your statement was specific. Which WWII scientists founded DOW? My answer was correct, none of them did. DOW, and the other companies involved with DOW, were all founded long before WWII by Canadian and/or American businessmen. You did not ask who was eventually hired or otherwise used as consultants by DOW. That would have taken me down a different rabbit hole to a different set of answers. After the war there were many government agencies and private companies who took advantage of the Nazi brain trust, A lot of them with little or no regard for their background and possible connection to war crimes.

The subject of the discussion is becoming about apples and oranges. You make an apples statement and then throw oranges at the response.
edit on 13-2-2013 by happykat39 because: clarified a point

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Your statement was specific.
yes, it was.
tis a shame your question wasn't.

yes, i made a typo in the statement.
far be it from you to point that out

(don't suppose you noticed the timestamp?)

to be correct rather corrected ... it should have read ... guess which WWII scientists are found at DOW ??
[although it was being edited to read "migrated" but i didn't finish before hitting 'post']

you are the one who questioned India so i shared a link.

look, i suggested following up on Operation Paperclip ... what does the rest of your comment have to do with the direction of mine ?

hmmmm, and a personal attack, aren't you special ?
i wonder, do you verbally assault your elders on a regular basis ?

so, which participants of the Paperclip Operation that you so conveniently tossed aside, have contributed input at Dow ???

ah nevermind, a conversation doesn't seem to be on your self-righteous radar, does it ?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I'm glad DOTD gets to test out new equipment

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Your statement was specific.
yes, it was.
tis a shame your question wasn't.

yes, i made a typo in the statement.
far be it from you to point that out

(don't suppose you noticed the timestamp?)

to be correct rather corrected ... it should have read ... guess which WWII scientists are found at DOW ??
[although it was being edited to read "migrated" but i didn't finish before hitting 'post']

you are the one who questioned India so i shared a link.

look, i suggested following up on Operation Paperclip ... what does the rest of your comment have to do with the direction of mine ?

hmmmm, and a personal attack, aren't you special ?
i wonder, do you verbally assault your elders on a regular basis ?

so, which participants of the Paperclip Operation that you so conveniently tossed aside, have contributed input at Dow ???

ah nevermind, a conversation doesn't seem to be on your self-righteous radar, does it ?

So you admit making a mistake which I answered accurately to then try to recover by using insulting comments yourself. And now you want to recover from your own self admitted mistake by making me the bad guy. I don't think so. And as to my elders, unless you top 73 by at least 10 years you don't qualify for that title in reference to me either.

Since it is becoming obvious that you just want to start an argument to save face and the fact that these posts have been taking this thread further and further off topic, I am going to ignore anything else you have to say.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
WOOOO YEAAAA NAZIS AND PAPERCLIPS!

DOW may of had Nazi influences but they are not really involved yet in this sinkhole, you know the sinkhole this thread is about.

Texas Brine is hold a meeting to demostrate the different equipment they will be or have been using around the sinkhole like geophones and that DOTD equipment. It will be on Saturday. I may drive up there to video this.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The reported numbers for the sinkhole are now at 7500 sq ft and 9 acres.

I probably wouldn't post this but there has been little new in the past few days and this thread needs to get back on topic.

As usual I am going to start with the Celestial Convergence coverage and go on to their sources.

SOURCE #1 - Celestila Convergence

This is an update of the earlier numbers.

Boudreaux said he hadn't measured the sinkhole, but it possibly could cover as many as 9 acres after the 75-foot-by-100-foot parcel of land crumbled and fell into the slurry hole on Tuesday.

SOURCE # 2 - The Daily Comet

SOURCE #3 - Assumption Parish Police Jury

SOURCE#4 - The Advocate

Source 2 and 3 contain little or no new information. Source 4 has a little something new to say though.

The most recent sloughing event, the first to happen in several weeks, officials said, also pulled several trees down into the sinkhole.

“That’s been typical of the occurrence of these slough-ins,” Cranch said. “As the sands and earthen material is exposed, it becomes supersaturated, especially with the rains on top and the moisture that’s able to permeate the areas beneath the root structure of the trees. It’s kind of a load-bearing section, and the weight of the trees allows for a slough-in.”

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So we are allegedly at 9 acres and more trees have been consumed. Oh goody! The next sinkhole burp will have something to project into the air! Hard hats are strongly advised for those in the area.
I am waiting for CB to get fed up & commandeer a chopper and give us a flyover video. I want to see the whole sinkhole, not these views that show us what they want us to see.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

i always admit when i make a mistake, what's your point ?
i never said i 'caught' all of them, am i supposed to be perfect or something ?
if so, sorry man i fall way short

do unto others my friend, you could have averted it all together and pointed out the error before asking for addl info as you did.

besides, i didn't point out the fact that the Union Carbide owners were directly connected to Spellman and if you don't know his part in the Nazi design, you've much to learn.

i wasn't being a smartarse when i suggested ppl look into the connection ... you took it further without alerting my error, how is that 'insulting' you ??

as for the numbers, close enough ... that ok with you ?
let's just say i'm no youngin either

who's arguing ?
you really should get ahold of that 'streak' you've got goin' there ... for the most part, i thoroughly enjoy your posts, what's the matter, does the Nazi connection touch a nerve ?

very well then, ignore me ... i'm sure some of those folks suffering the loss of their insurance are wishing they hadn't ... and i'd bet Cajun would agree.

so do as you will and as DOW becomes a major player in all of this ... it's my hope Cajun is already making plans

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I wish I could steal myself a helicopter and go do my own flyovers lol. I didn't hear anything about the 9 acres, I'll look into it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Here is the latest from Celestial Convergence and onwingsofcare dot com, the latter of which seems to be currently having server problems.

SOURCE #1 - Celestial Convergence

There are three pictures from the flyover at the C C site.

February 16, 2013 - UNITED STATES - “The old sinkhole she ain’t what she used to be…..” It’s not looking any better, folks. We grabbed the first day of sunshine in weeks around here and flew out to have another look, since the news reported that yesterday another 5000-square-foot chunk had caved in. We couldn’t tell exactly where that had happened, from the air. But we did see quite a bit more rainbow sheen at the northeast corner of the sinkhole than we have noticed there before. - On Wings of Care.

Here is the second source. It is offline now but should be back online sometime soon. I know the site exists since I have posted links to it on this thread before.

SOURCE #2 - On Wings Of Care

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Errr idk exactly where this person is from, but we had a weeks worth of overcast in the last month. I don't know what kind of sunlight they are grabbing, but it has been mostly sunny down here.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join