It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

recurring dreams of places I've never been (not dream deja vu)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by StraightBananas

So has any of the info I've given you provided you with any insight? Or just interested in my dreams?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by onfire49

Not so much provided me with insight, just more confirmation and recognition.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
well thanks for the links. Maybe someone will have some greater insight into this, or I am just gunna chalk it up to just being a series dreams with no meanings
. Either way no loss

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by StraightBananas
Here are some of the other threads that mention these kind of places, malls and such.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Weird.

Thank you for the links. After reading through the posts I found this Posted by Junkheap, which does sound very similar to one of the three places I observe.

"Another time I was in a small family owned grocery store. There was cash register in front of the store in an enclosed area and a deli in back. The store was very narrow and the floor was more like a ramp going up towards the deli. I could tell the building the store was in was once a larger building, but had been split into two separate properties. The person at the cash register gave me a hot dog to feed to the cat that hangs out at the store. I got the impression from the owners that they didn't like whoever was using the other half of the building. I've never been to a place like that, but it seemed familiar in my dream."

What struck me was how the floor was more like a ramp and the deli in front was split with another unrelated business in the back. For me it's a small rural diner in the front. The ramp floor is checkered and there are six red diner stools in front of the counter and a cash register. At the top of the ramp floor is what seems like a dry cleaners as there are two racks with bagged and hung clothing. The other thing about what I have been experiencing is that I am fully awake and going about my day in the normal way when these "memories" occur. It generally starts with me realizing that the thoughts that are running in the background are thoughts of these places. I describe it as if I was humming a song in the distant background of my thoughts, and then I notice that its there and I turn my mind to look directly at it and My body immediately reacts with a rushing feeling and I am covered in goose bumps. My body hairs will stand on end and I have to stop what I was doing and sit it out. It used to be very overwhelming but I have been having this experience for so many years now that I have learned to "ride the wave". There are three locations that I observe regularly. The first is the Diner that I just described. The second is a large stucco building with a two tier ramp entrance, the first to the left and then to the right. The ramp is surrounded by a half wall, also stucco, with decorative iron on top running the length of the ramp. There are no windows or doors that I can see from my vantage point. The third is what I take to be another area of the same building complex. It seems to be a pump house of some sort, stucco and surrounded by cement paths and landscape lighting. There are never any other people or beings as far as I can see. I have in the last year or so been trying to take a closer look, but it does take a lot out of me physically to do so.
edit on 6-10-2012 by pennylemon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Been handling any rocks lately, crystals can contain knowledge. This might seem crazy to some but I am starting to wonder. When I get a new car, I know nothing about the new technology. I bring it into a mechanic. When something goes wrong later, I somehow know what is wrong, I just have to look up a few things and can fix it myself. I think that a person can put knowledge into crystals and possibly metals. Why do we try to assemble something without instructions first? How come we can figure out how to do it without instructions. Is it because someone assembling it knew how it went together? Did they leave instructions in it? Trouble is that nobody touches anything anymore, the instructions come in a poorly translated Chinese instruction leaflet in three languages.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

No I have not been handling rocks in a while. Maybe something to do with the Cayce meditation I mentioned before?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Could also be glass, which is a manmade rock or even pottery or any crystaline manmade thing. The knowledge does not have to be real either, it could just be how a person interpreted something then stored a copy of their knowledge. Think of swiss watches, both a conductor of gold and a high quality crystal with a crystal movement. How about a glass someone else handled, get anything from a rummage sale?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

No to the glass either. I mean I have my own glass cups but I rarely use them. Also, these same environments/dreams are happening for more than a year. I cant imagine what it could be that I handled, rock or glass, that would be the same all those days.

As I think about it, there doesnt seem to be a trigger either. Not like I have them when I eat certain foods, or have caffeine late, or am stressed. Just very odd than I go back to these same places

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I just had a recap dream the other night
I had ten dreams at least and they highlighted the dreams that I remembered that I have had over the last three months. WTF was that all about? Was it to review for a test?
I woke up and told my wife about it, she chuckled.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Haha that is certainly different... seems to really point to the data storage theory of dreams in some ways.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by onfire49

Im a very skeptical person but I did think of something akin to remote viewing would come up. My only question is that the one area (the stone town) is not something that really likely existed. I dont feel as tho I am looking back in time with this area, unless the worlds of things lord of the rings were real at one point haha. It has a very movie quality to it.... almost like something we imagine a time period in history to be like, before we learn the true story. As i said before it just has this almost like commercial/ movie quality too it. Movies like big fish or something tim burton would create, or even oddly enough like maybe a north pole/santa claus type thing in the more modern imagination. However no elves or jolly atmosphere haha

Hi there! From reading your thread I am guessing maybe you have not traveled much? There are plenty of places that look like Tim Burton movie sets, still around. Check out google images - search on "English village" or "Cotswolds". Here is an example - look similar to the kind of place you have observed in the dreams?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Thanks for the pics. Interestingly enough I have never been to Europe. But while Ive never seen those type of houses first hand I am aware of the style you are referring to. All I can say is that the stone type village is similar to those types of buildings there is nothing in the pictures that really captures it. The dream village is almost fully monochromatic structures, and I want to say gothic architecture, but most gothic structures are much to grand and have too much detail work. I really am having trouble describing this town, as you can see. As I was thinking about the whole thing another movie came to mind. It strikes me a little like the mood and scenery in "The legend of Sleepy Hollow" with Johnny Depp, how not quite as dark and foreboding.

The one structure that really stuck out, which was built into the side of a slightly slopping hill, and I just assumed was a church looked somewhat similar to this. Only real difference was the turret was a bit different and the entrance was int front rather than the side. And obviously the one in the dream was a concrete/stone buildingstructure
edit on 7-10-2012 by onfire49 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2012 by onfire49 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Hmm, that looks more like New England architecture, to me, although you mentioned it should be stone, and we did see some structures similar to that in the Lakes District in the UK. We need some architecture experts to chime in here...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Yes the mixing and mashing of various elements is what originally led me to say it had a very movie like quality as we all know thats part of the artistic nature of the movie business. The other location seems like it could exist Im just not sure why i see it in recurring fashion.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't have a lot to add by way of explanation, but it does seem to fit into a theory I've considered from time to time.

I do know exactly what you mean though, I have a town of my own like that which I've visited in several dreams. Interestingly, it has a name. And a strange one, which is probably why I remember it. Names of people or places don't usually come into play in my dreams so this has always stood out to me.

The town is called "Pnell". Though it's pronounced "THnell". I remember seeing the highway sign, and being surprised about the spelling - somehow I knew the pronunciation beforehand. Some of the people there call it "Puh-nell" though. There is a strip mall there too.

Weird.

Anyway, back to my theory. What if dreams are like 'channels' that we join? Some might be 'public' channels that we share with other dreamers. I sometimes get the feeling that there's almost a "Terms of Service" agreement that our subconscious signs somehow before entering. This is somewhat based on the other people's reactions (non-reactions?) when I become lucid and start bending the laws of physics.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Apologies. Double post.
edit on 10/11/2012 by Teratoma because: duplicate post

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In my case it is the opposite.

My recurring dreams are of my past, I always create enviroments that are similar and have some landmarks of where I lived in the past. In the dreams I am experiencing variations of what happened to me in the past. These things are usually unwanted, then I wake up feel better than I am not in that situation.

I will also dream of parties and go to the parties and meet people, waking up feeling like I had a connection with them.
edit on 15-10-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Text PurpleTextreply to post by onfire49

I'm glad others share the same experience; I've had dreams in a handful of recurring fictional places since I was kid. The people (or lack of)/situation is different but takes place in the same haunted house/train station/river with mountains/ etc . I usually go to the same room or area of the setting too.

I've asked some friends and family if they have the same dreams and they don't.
edit on 24-1-2013 by b1425 because: More details

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have had many similar dreams like that. Ill have dreams in thought up places but in each one I'm doing something new. My mind almost remembers where to go in a dream too. It's like being in a new map on a video game that I've never been to in real life, but somehow I know all of the buildings, whats inside, and the types of people there. One recurring dream that sticks out was a metropolitan subway station. I've had different types of dreams at the same station. In one of them I was shopping and set one of my drinks down on a bench about half full of soda and continued to head to a mall. In a later dream a couple months later, I was being chased and ended up running down the same subway. While I was running I glanced off to my right at that bench and saw the soda I had left there from the previous dream. I instantly remembered that previous dream and woke up. It gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: onfire49

I’ve had the same thing I’m usually at the corner store and for some reason I go into their it’s always dark but if I steal from there it let’s me know my dream is going to turn into a nightmare and if I don’t its usually a nice dream. When i go in their everything is exactly the same,even the clerks have the same clothes on but they never talk they just look. Last time I stole from the store I ended up killing myself by taking pills then I tied a noose and slit my wrists then I hanged myself and it was on Facebook live for the world to see what they done to me.But they time I didn’t steal from the store I had a dream I was with 5 seconds of summer but they kibda didn’t look like them because Luke had Kurt Cobains hair but black , and I was with them at night and we were in this ally drinking and having fun then somehow someway I got stuck up on a fence and Calum got me down then we looked at each other and my heart started to race then I woke up because of my alarm

top topics

<< 1   >>

join