It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Employed For Crowd Control At College Football Game This Saturday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Most people are not only "OK" with it, not only do they "embrace it"
but they DEMAND it.

They WANT it.
So, I have realized that there is no longer any point in trying to get people to see what is going on here.
People KNOW what is going on..........and they LIKE it!!!

It is WE who are going to have to "wake up".

^You've hit the nail directly on the head with this. Most people will look at you like you're spouting crazy talk if you bring up the eradication of our rights like this. People tend to shrug their shoulders about it, because they are absolutely unconcerned. Anyone who cares is just an alarmist who needs to calm down.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
OK...I was raised being taught this was unconstitutional unless it was the National Guard protecting against invaders. Was I taught wrong?

No, you weren't. But, after 911 they changed things with the Patriot Act. They established the US Northern Command. Those folks aren't National Guard. It's tied directly in with NORAD. You know they know they're wrong when they post a little caveat on their website trying to tell you how they're not really violating Posse Comitatus just by existing. They'll probably excuse getting around stuff by pulling a vague Insurrection Act reference to justify it.

In other words- they don't care what is unconstitutional or not. That document has been ignored and twisted beyond its limits for a long time now.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Exactly.This is an important football game.The Romney supporters are going to see those military uniforms and grip their anus tight,and say,GAWWEWAWD BLESS AMERICA.These national guardsmen and women,gays of all 5 kinds,transvestites,Trotskyites,and Transylvanian vampires will make sure no Mullahs spoil their fun.This is a dual exercise.One,to see how the breeding ground of the military puts up with it.Two,to see if it helps sway the vote toward a warlike society,or it backfires from not tuning the engine right.They picked this game on purpose.The rest of the country could care less and the media has already planned on not covering it,unless...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
They did this because the area right around the stadium & downtown, 5 points, has had constant trouble with violence. Think multiple people being shot every time there's a home game so far this year, one or two guys being jumped by twenty people in hate crimes, multiple times after every game, all kinds of stuff. I'm not saying I like it, but the CPD sure isn't competent enough to be doing their damn jobs. Technically, I don't think them utilizing MPs like this is constitutional, but let's be honest, what's anybody gonna do about it?

I know, they should just fire all the useless officers and get ones that know how to do their job, but what department ever does that? Police take care of their own.

The entire reason they're using them is because of how bad it was two weekends ago in 5 points, even worse than usual. Stop being so damn paranoid, OP. I swear, ATS is losing their minds lately.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
So people does anybody and I mean anybody ever bother to read the articles? It says that the Military Police will be on hand for members of the armed forces that are arrested. I am guess none of you has been in the military or lived in a town with large military base. You will often find MPs along with regular law enforcement to hand to military personel. They do not handle regular civilians. This is not uncommon and has been going on for a hundred years. But, hey lets not let the facts get in the way of a little fearmongering shall we.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
let us never forget when the marines were used by camp in california the go thru our national parks and erradicate marijuana plants and kick in the doors of american citizens!
or for an older example macarthur using tanks against us veterans during the bonus march!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
So people does anybody and I mean anybody ever bother to read the articles? It says that the Military Police will be on hand for members of the armed forces that are arrested.
Yeah, I did read it. It's a weak excuse, as they are there also explicitly for 'crowd control' and that isn't all about waiting for their fellow members of the armed services to whoop it up. As I said, they can use the Insurrection Act to make a flimsy justification- and they've been given carte blanche to do so since 911.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by freedomSlave
reply to post by jude11

Both to be honest ,I don't really like seeing military personnel riding around my city where I live with their suv's and gun turret mounted on the tops I find it rather in bad taste .

How ever the logic in me asks well why pay for two separate entities of law enforcement ( local and international) Why two sets of a lot of the same thing the military already have to local law enforcement .
edit on 5/10/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

do we really need two sets of drones for both teams
edit on 5/10/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

Ok, the logic is there from an economical stand point and no doubt this will be one of the ways to convince the Nation that the Military should be the law now, but if you had to choose one?

Police or Military on the streets?

Peace
Ummm.............You do know that you just aquesced to exactly what you were raging about right?...So now it's okay because it saves a buck?......WTF...Jude, I thought that at least you were above that. Why the hell not just wad up the whole damn constitution and toss it in the bin...WTF. I guess in the end it'll be just me, holding the last extant copy in one hand and my AR in the other, because I will NOT go down that path with you, I'm going to stay the course. A good man once said, "from my cold dead hands" and thats just how it's going to have to be.

YouSir

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I love it when paranoid people jump to conclusions. Live in fear of a police state. Go ahead. I don't have to. If it actually does happen, I'm on the winning side.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Most of my friends think I'm crazy or paranoid when I speak of these things. Why do more and more LE look like the regular army? It is a form of conditioning. It is meant to normalize a military presence in our streets.
As far as MP's being used for crowd control..........I think there is something in the constitution about that. Wait. We still have a constitution don't we? Somewhere......like in a library.....or something. I think I read about it once in the 7th grade.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
OK...I was raised being taught this was unconstitutional unless it was the National Guard protecting against invaders. Was I taught wrong?

Yes, you were taught wrong. Whoever taught you cannot point to any clause in the Constitution forbidding this.

Plus, if anyone read the whole article did you notice they are paying $11,000 extra to the military for this "privilege'?

If anyone read the whole article, they would see that the $11,000 is the entire amount being spent on "50 officers ... made up of University of South Carolina Campus Police, Richland County Sheriff’s Deputies, the South Carolina Highway Patrol, and Military Police from Ft. Jackson. " And the MPs are only there to take into custody military members who are arrested. A prudent enough precaution in a military town. If the Army didn't do this, everyone would complain that the vicious baby-killing soldiers from Ft. Jackson are rampaging through Columbia and the Army is doing nothing about it. (Basic trainees, drill sergeant school, chaplain OBC ... real killers.)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a normal response to this would to be to cancel the game, (or if attending to not go) but, as usual people have no principles anymore or backbone and will just show up all willy nilly, probably start drinking at the DUI checkpoints and shooting off guns just to show support for it. then there will be tsa agents at busses,trains, water ways. we'll create new documents"national id card" and we can get checked at every intersection crossing into a town/state, drones flying over head with rubber bullets and knockout gas the more and more people keep tolerating or accepting this crap. But, even if someone did try to cancel it, you would hear from every poor white trash moron out there/and advertiser , "but it AINT fair to da kids" the game must go on!!! oh and its for your safety too!! hahahah

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is against the law...but at the moment we have the NDAA and some provisions within the
Patriot Act that make this deployment and utilization of troops on American soil legal.

The Patriot Act, and its ugly, mean, big brother NDAA are the culprits here.

They are the roots to the parasitic vine that will eventually choke the
tree of liberty....we need to get out the weed killer and the garden hoes
and go to work if we value our freedom....else it will die and there will be no
blood of tyrants and patriots that will bring it back to life.

We are playing the end-game now....it's like a chess game, and we are down to
only pawns left....we have no power pieces, only strategy and unity can save us

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Obama has given him self absolute power.
he Can do any thing he likes.

when the people finally wake up it will be to late.
and you will have to fight and die to get freedom back.

China is getting more freedom.
as america becomes a Nazi state.

33 flag OMG! even ATS have gone blind.
or the Mods are playing obamas game?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well the thing is that I don't believe it's working very well. When most people see the military in that setting their first response would naturally be surprise. I think that most American's now associate the US military with the War in Iraq/ Afghanistan so they probably think of all the problems that have occurred over the past 10 years... That being said I doubt any problems really would arise from the military taking over in this field. In the very least it's just aggravating to think that people are that scared of terrorists or what ever is causing them to use the military in this fashion.
edit on 7-10-2012 by canofnothing because: just wanted to re say what I said...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Being close to Christmas, reading the OP caused an image to flash in my head. Since I can't draw cartoons to save my life, you'll have to picture it or better yet, draw and post it!

Santa is sitting in his big chair at the mall with a line of kids waiting to tell him what they want for Christmas. They have confused looks on their faces because In front of him is a small gate guarded by heavily armed military personel.

I'm not so sure it won't come to this soon.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I keep asking this question in other threads and always receive the same answers: "This is America. It'll never happen here"...or the one that really sticks out "It's for our safety and I feel better knowing I'll be protected"

id like to see once instance of an american on ats sayin this is for our protection so there ok with it

you say you keep gettin that answer i say bs

edit on 7-10-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The Government and DHS are preparing for war on the people. If you don't see that you are not paying attention. They are mainly in the logistics phase at the moment. They are also trying to brain wash the domestic troops (alphabet agencies police military etc) And the people by have the presence of troops more and more. They know not all the military police and agents will succumb to the brain washing so are hedging their bets right down to bribing local police and sheriffs with federal monies and equipment etc. Also all the legislation being passed like Ndaa PA etc...

My guess is their implementation plan will include some sort of false flag against military government etc. and then blamed on domestic terrorists (the people) to try and turn the military etc. against the people.

They are preparing for civil war people we should do the same!...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

I keep asking this question in other threads and always receive the same answers: "This is America. It'll never happen here"...or the one that really sticks out "It's for our safety and I feel better knowing I'll be protected"

id like to see once instance of an american on ats sayin this is for our protection so there ok with it

Ever read a thread on the TSA Grope Stations? Plenty of people are ok with being fondled, scanned and having nude photos taken...because they feel safer.

That's just one...

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Ever read a thread on the TSA Grope Stations? Plenty of people are ok with being fondled, scanned and having nude photos taken...because they feel safer.

That's just one...

Peace

uh last time i checked tsa wasnt the military

so link another lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join