It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Employed For Crowd Control At College Football Game This Saturday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I keep asking this question in other threads and always receive the same answers: "This is America. It'll never happen here"...or the one that really sticks out "It's for our safety and I feel better knowing I'll be protected"

BS.

Anyone still doubting the Military encroachment into America is not happening is either deaf, dumb or blind to their surroundings.

Here we have the military being used for security at a game and it looks like it'll be a nice way to get the people used to seeing those uniforms all over America. At the games, arenas, on the streets and pulling you over for a "Papers" check. Come on people...at least admit to yourselves that it's happening and maybe that's a start to a wake up call.

www.activistpost.com...

In yet another example of the blurring of the lines between civilian police and US military forces, Columbia, South Carolina police “officials” have announced that US Military Police from Ft. Jackson will be on the streets alongside civilian law enforcement after the South Carolina-Georgia football game this Saturday night, October 6.

The plan will involve barricades, surveillance cameras, DUI checkpoints, and even observation towers “to keep the crowd under control.”

Observations Towers...Nice touch.

In the last few years we have seen US Military troops deployed all over the country for the purpose of assisting domestic law enforcement. For instance, U.S. Army personnel were deployed to the streets of Samson, Alabama in 2009 for the purposes of aiding the local police in patrols after a gunman left 10 people dead.

Even more common, the US Military has been involved in aiding local and state law enforcement conducting roadblocks for some time, even, as was the case in Tennessee, amidst the objections of some state officials.

In Virginia, the National Guard has been involved in conducting “wellness checks” as well as patrolling downtown city locations and residential neighborhoods.

What the hell is a Wellness Check Point?
And last but not least:

Clearly, the American people are being conditioned to accept the US Military as a domestic police force by the slow acclimation process of introducing military presence in a variety of different circumstances.

My thoughts exactly.

But for many...it's a good thing because they feel safer...

Sorry, but you are the ones responsible for what is happening to America and the loss of freedom. But you feel safer so I guess that's ok.

Peace

edit on 5-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Oh this is B.S. and both parties in Congress need to raise a hand and say NO. They don't have the power to order Military forces to stand down but they can absolutely make everyone in command pay later for Constitutional indiscretions. Now National Guard can be a real fuzzy area and true national disasters are blurry. One of the best books written about Hurricane Andrew that I recall reading was by an NCO with the 10th Mountain Division sent to help on the streets.

This though??? What meaning does Posse Comitatus have if the Federal Troops are going to be out on traffic control and observation tower duty at 100% civilian events? I mean lets shred it then...but I've about had it with this Administration playing like the laws simply don't exist at all. They DO....and I can't see how THIS isn't VERY far outside it.

Just because the law's been broken more and more frequently, as they note, doesn't make each incident any less a problem either. Arg.... What's next? Troops to help local law enforcement in every major city? Chicago? LA? Where is the line anymore and more importantly, does ANYONE actually know now?
edit on 5-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Oh this is B.S. and both parties in Congress need to raise a hand and say NO. They don't have the power to order Military forces to stand down but they can absolutely make everyone in command pay later for Constitutional indiscretions. Now National Guard can be a real fuzzy area and true national disasters are blurry. One of the best books written about Hurricane Andrew that I recall reading was by an NCO with the 10th Mountain Division sent to help on the streets.

This though??? What meaning does Posse Comitatus have if the Federal Troops are going to be out on traffic control and observation tower duty at 100% civilian events? I mean lets shred it then...but I've about had it with this Administration playing like the laws simply don't exist at all. They DO....and I can't see how THIS isn't VERY far outside it.

Just because the law's been broken more and more frequently, as they note, doesn't make each incident any less a problem either. Arg.... What's next? Troops to help local law enforcement in every major city? Chicago? LA? Where is the line anymore and more importantly, does ANYONE actually know now?
edit on 5-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, love the observation towers thing.

Prisons, concentration camps and now football games.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Notice how many people are responding to this violation of American freedoms and rights thread Wrabbit2000?

I guess that answers your question as to where the line is.

I'm going to start posting these in the Rant forum because even tho many Americans don't seem to care, I do. And I'm getting angrier by the day that a Nation that prides itself on fighting for the freedoms and rights of the World's downtrodden won't even stand for themselves.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Would it not be cheaper for having the military also do role of the police they do want to do cut backs

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I keep asking this question in other threads and always receive the same answers: "This is America. It'll never happen here"...or the one that really sticks out "It's for our safety and I feel better knowing I'll be protected"

BS.

Anyone still doubting the Military encroachment into America is not happening is either deaf, dumb or blind to their surroundings.

From conversations with acquaintances and co-workers over the past couple of years. I've concluded that there are a LOT of people who welcome a police state. They're perfectly thrilled to be either groped by TSA or irradiated--anything so that they and their family will be safe from terrorists on their flight to Vegas. All around them they see streets full of illegal aliens, panhandlers, public drunks, misfits, inconsiderate drivers, foul-mouthed neighbors; for god's sake, people who board through the back door of the bus so they can beat the fare--all threatening complete CHAOS and a BREAKDOWN of SOCIETY. What this country needs is ORDER and CONSISTENCY! The RULE of LAW! That's what we need. If it takes soldiers in the streets, if it takes demands for "documentation," if it takes the dragging of protesters and miscreants out of their houses in the dead of night for torture sessions and imprisonment--fine.

If you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. The world will be a much nicer place.

Or so they fervently believe....

edit on 10/5/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Would it not be cheaper for having the military also do role of the police they do want to do cut backs

And there it is...

Yup, save a few bucks and lose a thousand rights.

Are you serious? Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Notice how many people are responding to this violation of American freedoms and rights thread Wrabbit2000?

I guess that answers your question as to where the line is.

Peace

There is no line , I am not even sure if there even was a line we have it pretty good here in the west we can get a decent job and can afford a house a decent car and maybe a tv also on credit . If people 3/4 of the western population woke up tomorrow and found they all of a sudden had no access to credit, worker rights like that in China and other places most people don't even know there should of been a line. We are to busy consuming and posting about it on Facebook to even care or notice that our rights and freedoms are all slowly eroding

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Our country is being purposely turned into a police state.
This is not a joke and is not up for interpretation.
It is actually happening and guess what?

Most people are not only "OK" with it, not only do they "embrace it"
but they DEMAND it.

They WANT it.
So, I have realized that there is no longer any point in trying to get people to see what is going on here.
People KNOW what is going on..........and they LIKE it!!!

It is WE who are going to have to "wake up".
Wake up to the fact that this is our future and you are not just fighting "the gubberment" but you are fighting
90% of our country who want this.

This is what makes people feel "safe" which makes them "happy".
Good luck with getting people to agree to feel unsafe just so they can have some crappy "freedom".

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well, at least this will end the horrorstories of U.S. policemen killing civilians.
I know I'm tired of reading those and you Americans should be pretty used to them by now.

A little military law enforcement can only make things better and improve the situation, right?
Besides, what are you going to do with your massive amount of military personnel anyways?
edit on 5-10-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Both to be honest ,I don't really like seeing military personnel riding around my city where I live with their suv's and gun turret mounted on the tops I find it rather in bad taste .

How ever the logic in me asks well why pay for two separate entities of law enforcement ( local and international) Why two sets of a lot of the same thing the military already have to local law enforcement .
edit on 5/10/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

do we really need two sets of drones for both teams

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

And there it is...

Yup, save a few bucks and lose a thousand rights.

Are you serious? Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

I think he was trying to say as Americans,
they will still give us our military controlled sporting events
while detained in Fema camps.

I am being sarcastic, and afraid at the same time.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It's a very valid concern am also shocked it just goes by unnoticed. It's a conditioning process. So many reply when the topic comes up "I don't have to worry, I didn't do anything wrong!" A lot of people whose rights were violated thought that too. Goodluck with that.
I guess it's true: In the end they will "enjoy the dystopia"...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is our future as the nation buckles under to the control freak conservative rightwing corporate fascism. They play lip service to the "individual freedom" mindset, but in reality what the rightwing wants is control over every
detail of our personal lives. The politically conservative rightwing worships authority and it looks like they are incrementally gaining more and more power to control our lives with a militarized law enforcement. Can the for profit camps run by corporations like Wakenhut be far behind? Oh wait....

www.cbn.com...

edit on 5-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Unfortunately a good potion of the population are pet like minions who have no motivation to be self sustainable nor do they have the ambition to even be responsible for themselves when they can 'vote' for the illusion that they will be taken care of much like your pet dog or cat who never even thinks about who cleans up after their waste. This game is lost to the less evolved by sheer number of un-empowered minions with the expectation of entitlement.
edit on 5-10-2012 by starshift because: quick change

edit on 5-10-2012 by starshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This is disturbing. There are two places for on duty military at or after a college football game. They should be holding the colors for the national anthem, and if the aftermath gets a little to rowdy, the National Guard could possibly called in by the Governor to help local police restore order. THAT'S IT. Federal troops even if MPs should not be used in a law enforcement capacity outside of on military reservations and declared national emergencies (like hurricanes and earthquakes).

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Both to be honest ,I don't really like seeing military personnel riding around my city where I live with their suv's and gun turret mounted on the tops I find it rather in bad taste .

How ever the logic in me asks well why pay for two separate entities of law enforcement ( local and international) Why two sets of a lot of the same thing the military already have to local law enforcement .

do we really need two sets of drones for both teams

Ok, the logic is there from an economical stand point and no doubt this will be one of the ways to convince the Nation that the Military should be the law now, but if you had to choose one?

Police or Military on the streets?

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by jude11

Well, at least this will end the horrorstories of U.S. policemen killing civilians.
I know I'm tired of reading those and you Americans should be pretty used to them by now.

A little military law enforcement can only make things better and improve the situation, right?
Besides, what are you going to do with your massive amount of military personnel anyways?
edit on 5-10-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

Yeah, the Military has never killed civilians anywhere in the World under the guise of protection and freedom.

Wait, they have bigger guns don't they?

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm HORRIFIED at hearing anyone suggest the Military and civilian law enforcement represent mere duplication of efforts so why not combine them. My goodness.... Does the Constitution and our history mean nothing at all? The whole basis for the separation of military from civilian duties of ANY kind outside very specific circumstances was clear and it applies as much or MORE today than it did back then.

If it offends veterans to say, sorry, but this is true. The Military is recruited, trained and maintained for two things. Just two. ONLY TWO. To break things and to kill people. Nothing else. Period. It's intended to do these things to bonafide enemies, but that's not up to them....that is something to take up with political leaders.

However, the Military MAY be functional and capable of doing other duties, it's not their purpose. It should never BE their purpose. The guys in service right now DO have law enforcing experience alright, from doing it with M-4 Rifles on the streets or goat paths of Afghanistan and Iraq. Is that the guy you want to work with back here, in their full role and authority? Not in THAT context, thanks anyway...... Not in any variation or reasoning.

Posse Comitatus exists for VERY good reasons and logic, IMO.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm sorry. My post was meant to be sarcastic.

I have trouble translating german sarcasm into english as it seems.

Being German, I know very well that the line between military and LEO domains must never be crossed.
Take a look at our history for a glimpse of what's coming.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join