It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian mortar fire this Friday (05/10) afternoon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The BBC is reporting that once again there has been mortar fire from Syria onto Turkish land.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Turkey has returned fire.

Turkey has stated that they do not want war with Syria, however the government has voted to allow an invasion if required.

How many mortars have to land before an invasion is required?
How many times will Syria be prepared to say sorry?
What happens if Turkey invades?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Already Posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My question...Just who the hell is firing those mortars? My instincts tell me it may not be Syria but rather a third party who want Turkey in like Al-CIA Da. This is simply my uninformed hunch though. When I was a kid and threw a rock through Mr. Smiths window, I got of with a severe warning and a promise of a beating if it happened again...It NEVER happened again!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Too right. Makes you wonder at the aims of whoever has done this.

This second attack leads to a few questions.

Is Syria in control of it's army?
Is it Syria or an outside group and if so who and why?
Maybe to annoy Turkey?

I know this has nothing to do with Turkey/Syria but I wonder what the sending of Abu Hamza to the US for trial will result in?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I agree with you. This makes absolutely no sense unless the GOAL is to bring Turkey in as a full combatant and that is the LAST thing Assad would want for any reason. On the other hand, rebels are known to have taken outright control of a number of border checkpoints, so we know they are active and fighting up and down the border area. They have EVERYTHING to gain by this.

So which is more likely? Assad is risking the start of a wider war to totally destroy him...and leave almost no other ending? ...and all for what? To blow out some windows and kill some no-name civilians in an insignificant border town?

Or...The Rebels are firing some rounds to prod Turkey into doing what they've all been begging and/or demanding for a long time now. Enter the war and win it for their side?

I''m betting the Rebels are killing Turk civilians for their own benefit. That's just me and some logic applied though. I could be all wrong of course.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well, let's hope NATO stays out of it and lets Turkey handle themselves, which I'm sure they can.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
has anyone asked if they could be PRK in Syria since there are other groups operating there as well?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
My question...Just who the hell is firing those mortars?

We will find out when Turkey invades...otherwise, we will probably never know.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I''m betting the Rebels are killing Turk civilians for their own benefit. That's just me and some logic applied though. I could be all wrong of course.

That's what I've been thinking. What better way to fight a war than to get someone else to fight it for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Funny thats what the higher highers are saying......

top topics

join