It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil sheen mysteriously appears off Louisiana's Gulf Coast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- An oil sheen about four miles long has appeared in the Gulf of Mexico near the site of the worst oil spill in U.S. history, a Coast Guard spokesman said Thursday.
It was not immediately clear where the oil is coming from, said Petty Officer 3rd Class Ryan Tippets.
The Coast Guard found out about the oil sheen on September 16 after someone spotted it on a satellite image from the multinational oil and gas company BP, Tippets said. A Coast Guard response team went to the location to collect samples, and sent them to the Coast Guard Marine Safety Lab in Connecticut for testing. Test results are expected in a few weeks, Tippets said.

Looks like they capped that well really good out there right?
Those poor people over there just can't get a break. The major Oil companies seem to be able to get away with anything in this country. Maybe soon they'll just disband the EPA and they can just dump oil in the water all day!

I'm one of the poor people you are referring to, and the spill was indeed tragic. It's important to note that even before the spill we would occasionally get naturally occurring slicks. They are rarely noticed, maybe once every ten years, and not very large, but they do occur naturally in the oil rich GoM. There's likely more than we discover, a mile long and mile wide slick could float around for decades in the Gulf with out anyone ever noticing, the Gulf is simply that enormous.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle

What do people expect after we pumped 30 trillion gallons of toxic waste in to the ground?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-10-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add link

Blimey.... it doesnt surprise me that the Earth is cracking up!!

I fear a big Earthquake is gonna come soon which will be started by some underground explosion of toxic waste and gas!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

All I remember is the old mega thread......"not gonna link it"
Where as everyone agreed or speculated, on the huge plumes of sunken oil from the additive....."insert that here" forget the name.......always abreviated.....anyways.....me thinks it's not got to be the cap is leaking but that old plumes of trapped oil that is no longer able to be hidden are surfacing...

I recall many many independant entities, claiming there was suspended plumes of oil up to 17 miles in diameter...or girth......that would emerg sooner or later....

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I fear a big Earthquake is gonna come soon which will be started by some underground explosion of toxic waste and gas!!

EQ's will be something to keep an eye on in the area. Unfortunately they seem to be having problems with the EQ monitors. Hope they get it fixed soon.

[

edit
edit on 8-10-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

I believe they got that one fixed but unfortunately they have only 6 installed in the region which at this point in time i think they should have more out there until the situation is resolved

Map were they are located

Ofcourse there is always the conspiracy person who believe this if from the BP oil disaster will leave that up for you to decide. Side not fairly long video explanation lol

Youtube

edit on 9-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well it looks like that oil is part of the BP Disaster from two years back got confirmation today.

FOSC issues Notice of Federal Interest to BP and Transocean

Coast Guard Capt. Duke Walker issued the NOFI following sample results from an oil sheen located in the vicinity of where the Deepwater Horizon drill rig exploded and sank more than two years ago.

The NOFI effectively informs BP and Transocean that the Coast Guard matched the sheen samples to the Deepwater Horizon spill or sunken drilling debris and that either party or both may be held accountable for any cost associated with further assessments or operations related to this sheen.

Source

top topics

<< 1   >>

join