It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil sheen mysteriously appears off Louisiana's Gulf Coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- An oil sheen about four miles long has appeared in the Gulf of Mexico near the site of the worst oil spill in U.S. history, a Coast Guard spokesman said Thursday.
It was not immediately clear where the oil is coming from, said Petty Officer 3rd Class Ryan Tippets.
The Coast Guard found out about the oil sheen on September 16 after someone spotted it on a satellite image from the multinational oil and gas company BP, Tippets said. A Coast Guard response team went to the location to collect samples, and sent them to the Coast Guard Marine Safety Lab in Connecticut for testing. Test results are expected in a few weeks, Tippets said.

Looks like they capped that well really good out there right?
Those poor people over there just can't get a break. The major Oil companies seem to be able to get away with anything in this country. Maybe soon they'll just disband the EPA and they can just dump oil in the water all day!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I just feel for all eating from that region of the sea?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Coast Guard investigating oil sheen at BP Deepwater Horizon disaster site

www.nola.com...

www.stuarthsmith.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I grew up in New Orleans and a few fam members still lived there.. until relatively recently. Its a MESS... they said the govt took over whole patches of property that others owned and had businesses on due to the disaster. The place smelled when they left. My one cousin is a starving artist type and uses things washed up to do her art.. well she did anyway.. and there were caches of bones that would wash up.. along with a heck of a lot of dead sea life. No one who has a brain cell will eat fresh like we used to when I was younger. Makes me sad that you cant just go to the docks and buy shrimp by the bucket anymore due to concerns over the chems and oil.. and probably best not go oyster hunting and have a beach lunch.
Between Katrina and this spill.. the whole fam left.

I think there is a LOT more to this whole thing.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I heard about this as it happened, here's the thing though, did none of you pay attention to the fact that the coast guard was alerted by an imaging satellite owned by BP? What does BP needs high tech imaging satellite for?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- An oil sheen about four miles long has appeared in the Gulf of Mexico near the site of the worst oil spill in U.S. history, a Coast Guard spokesman said Thursday.
It was not immediately clear where the oil is coming from, said Petty Officer 3rd Class Ryan Tippets.
The Coast Guard found out about the oil sheen on September 16 after someone spotted it on a satellite image from the multinational oil and gas company BP, Tippets said. A Coast Guard response team went to the location to collect samples, and sent them to the Coast Guard Marine Safety Lab in Connecticut for testing. Test results are expected in a few weeks, Tippets said.

Looks like they capped that well really good out there right?
Those poor people over there just can't get a break. The major Oil companies seem to be able to get away with anything in this country. Maybe soon they'll just disband the EPA and they can just dump oil in the water all day!

image uploaded to blog aug 25 2011

ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com...

Edgar Cayce Predicted Earthquake Will Split US Along the Mississippi
4 Votes

EDGAR CAYCE predicted Gulf oil spill activating Madrid earthquake & destroying 1/2 of USA down the Mississippi
As the Great Lakes, at 600 feet above sealevel, rushes down the Mississippi River. at least 50 miles on each side, the 600 foot wave will destroy much of America, right down the middle. All due to the oil spill event. After the oil dumps billions of gallons of oil, then the ice cold water will enter the crevice, where it is 400 degrees, and cause an explosion, and the mother of all tsunanmi waves, which will wipe out the Gulf States, including Florida. THEN the Madrid faultline will blow, Goodbye, Chicago and Saint Louis, and all the other cities in its path. There will be no time to evacuate, and it will be impossible to try to outrun the rushing water from the TWO catastrophes.

Another earthquake along the New Madrid fault could cause a tsunami-like flood that would devastate the cities along the Mississippi River. Edgar Cayce actually prophesied a two-stage Midwest flood in which the Great Lakes would overflow into the Mississippi and a great watery divide would split the USA down the middle. The Mississippi River would then become the Great Midwest Strait.

______beforeitsnews/story/77/597/EDGAR_CAYCE_predicted_Gulf_oil_spill_activating_Madrid_earthquake_destroying_1_2_of_USA_down_the_Mississippi.htm 3
edit on 5-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: edgar cayce

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
WOW! throw in the big big sinkhole full of butane and radioactive waste and youve got yerself a winner!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
they seriously take the pi$$
does this Earth have any real future?
i feel sorry for my kids, and i actually hope they dont have kids!
this Earth is on its last legs because of us.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Today's News on Louisiana SINKHOLE Situation:

I don't usually rely on Examiner, but look at this weird story:

www.examiner.com...

TOP NATIONAL NEWSOCTOBER 6, 2012BY: DEBORAH DUPRE

Officials advised the Assumption Parish President on Thursday that Bayou Corne sinkhole area has high levels of methane in nearby water wells, posing risks to health, fire and explosion and that residents need to heed the mandatory evacuation order. That day, parish officials postponed Saturday's resident briefing with no explanation.

“Of the chemicals reviewed, only methane, detected in the industrial water wells, presents a potential health risk (Type 2 of fire/explosion),” Dr. Raoult Ratard, State Epidemiologist of the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals Office (DHH) of Public Health stated in an environmental data report of the Bayou Corne oil and gas sinkhole event sent to Assumption Parish President Martin S. Triche Thursday.

That morning, at 9:00 a.m., parish officials stated in a blog post developed to keep residents informed about the sinkhole incident, “*NOTE* The resident briefing scheduled for Saturday morning has been rescheduled for Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at the Command Post at 6:00 p.m.

Methane, the mysterious 'powerful underground force' reported by officials?

Speculations are increasing that methane is the mysterious "powerful underground force" wreaking havoc in south Louisiana, including the sinkhole disaster area.

Methane gas leaks are spreading throughout the south Louisiana area. Within four months, as of this week, methane bubbling sites have increased to twenty-eight, including in Pierre Part, outside the mandatory evacuation area but within hearing distance and jolts of seismic activities where foul chemical odors are nauseating and burning, as some residents there have reported.

When power flickered out a brief spell Friday night, one Pierre Part resident Alicia Heilig, 27, was too frightened to sleep.

Heilig lives near one of the latest detected bubbling sites, #16 on the parish map, and has struggled with her two children and mother being sick since the sinkhole gas incident and the smell of strong chemicals there began.

“I took a drive down to the sinkhole area to make sure it wasn’t anything to do with that,” Heilig told reporter Deborah Dupré in an email.

“That whole area is hazy," Heilig wrote. “Almost like fog, but its not foggy anywhere else."

A power truck was parked at the sinkhole area gas station, according to Heilig.

"Don’t know what’s up, but glad my kids aren’t home tonight,” she reported, further indicating the ongoing human rights to health and security violation.

On my own site, which is just an op-ed rag, I predicted Methane related disasters just like Edgar Cayce did. On the basis of Michael Crichton's findings.

I have to go now, will update with more info later

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If this is true, chances are we know where the oil is coming from. It likely originated from a well that was previously capped...Apparently not well enough it would seem. That is my vote anyway. It is sickening that these major corporations can basically get away with murder. And actually, they definitely have in the past, directly and indirectly.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

dont forget the radiation that has also been found in that sink hole

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I only learned very recently, that about 9 BP oil spill whistleblowers met with horrific ends, dying horribly, at times violently, and some of them were charged with a crime which was the same they charged to a former head of the CDC, and the families insisted those were false and planted charges. It's really scary, there are utterly soulless monsters over our lives, fates, money, health, deaths. I have my own views about whats up with that.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

What is interesting they said they discovered it on Sept 16. Than states it went for testing exactly when? Also it was not reported till Oct.4th? So have the tests already come in? interesting....

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
did anyone.catch that last bit of tye article where it states that two barrels worth of oil from a release valve is the cause of the 4 mile long sheen!

how thick is it

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

In case you did not notice,this happened under the E.P.A.'s watch.While Bush was President he had his friend and cousin,Dick Cheney,draft a bill that passed in the middle of the night,when only vampires were about,which made it possible for Halliburton to keep the chemical cocktail that they frack with a Federally protected secret.Cheney was also instrumental for causing the accident by passing a bill saying that this important deep water technology that protects the well was not so important.But it was.Later on Cheney hatched a plan to get other companies(Trans Ocean,B.P.) involved in the same well and create a disaster for profit.He bought Boots and Coots,the most successful 'put out' company in the world 11 days prior.After the pre-planned disaster stock in Boots and Coots went up 78%,if my memory serves me right.Cheney wins big time.Cause the problem,have the solution.Use the environmentalists as your army,because they don't even realize where their food comes from much less their fuel.You do realize that Bush,Pierce,Cheney,Mitt,Obama,and Romney are cousins right?Why else would Barry allow two chemicals banned in the rest of the world and the U.S.A. to be sprayed over our beautiful Gulf of Mexico by a foreign company(B.P.) that is exploiting our resources and selling them back to us?E.P.A.? I am all for gathering them together and using a small tactical nuclear device,or at least a painful drone.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulianAlien
reply to post by antonia

In case you did not notice,this happened under the E.P.A.'s watch.While Bush was President he had his friend and cousin,Dick Cheney,draft a bill that passed in the middle of the night,when only vampires were about,which made it possible for Halliburton to keep the chemical cocktail that they frack with a Federally protected secret.Cheney was also instrumental for causing the accident by passing a bill saying that this important deep water technology that protects the well was not so important.But it was.Later on Cheney hatched a plan to get other companies(Trans Ocean,B.P.) involved in the same well and create a disaster for profit.He bought Boots and Coots,the most successful 'put out' company in the world 11 days prior.After the pre-planned disaster stock in Boots and Coots went up 78%,if my memory serves me right.Cheney wins big time.Cause the problem,have the solution.Use the environmentalists as your army,because they don't even realize where their food comes from much less their fuel.You do realize that Bush,Pierce,Cheney,Mitt,Obama,and Romney are cousins right?Why else would Barry allow two chemicals banned in the rest of the world and the U.S.A. to be sprayed over our beautiful Gulf of Mexico by a foreign company(B.P.) that is exploiting our resources and selling them back to us?E.P.A.? I am all for gathering them together and using a small tactical nuclear device,or at least a painful drone.
Put some paragraph breaks in there and you actually have a pretty good ARTICLE started, JulianAlien.

Here is a good story for you: The day BP was to go to trial for Macondo this year (on a Monday morning), the CHARDON OHIO High School shooting occurred and TOTALLY eclipsed the media coverage of the FAR more important Macondo story.

Sorry for caps, but Macondo story is WORTH THE RAGE.

Chardon shooting was VERY false flaggy and I believe that kid was "selected via internet" profile for months before the event, like Wade Page and James Holmes may have been...

www.cleveland.com...

Attorneys say T.J. Lane insane at time of Chardon High School shooting
By Rachel Dissell, The Plain Dealer
on October 01, 2012 at 4:00 PM, updated October 01, 2012 at 6:25 PM

CHARDON, Ohio — Lawyers representing the teenager accused of killing three students and wounding three others at Chardon High School earlier this year say he was insane at the time and should not be convicted.

A not guilty by reason of insanity plea was filed Monday, after attorneys for T.J. Lane had asked for additional time to gather his mental health records and have him thoroughly evaluated by experts.

His facebook post from before:

www.thedailybeast.com...

Facebook Post By Chardon Ohio High School Shooting Suspect T.J. Lane
Feb 27, 2012 2:14 PM EST
Witnesses of the high-school shooting that killed one student and wounded four others tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer that schoolmate T.J. Lane is the alleged gunman. Read the chilling Facebook letter that Lane posted on Dec. 30, 2011. Plus, more breaking updates.

nuclearnuttery.com... nce-of-saturnalia-based-on-the-wording/

BP trial delayed

BP's Macondo Trial Delayed for a Week
by Jon Mainwaring|Rigzone Staff|Monday, February 27, 2012

The start of BP's Macondo oil spill trial has been delayed until next week as BP continues to seek a settlement that will address its role in the spill. BP and the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee released a joint statement Sunday confirming that the Deepwater Horizon Multi-District Litigation 2179 civil trial would be adjourned until Monday, March 5, 2012.

The adjournment is intended to allow BP and the PSC more time to continue settlement discussions and attempt to reach an agreement. "BP and the PSC are working to reach agreement to fairly compensate people and businesses affected by the Deepwater Horizon accident and oil spill," said the statement.

The news comes after BP CEO Bob Dudley told the British press this weekend that he believed the legal battle between BP and the US Department of Justice could last into 2014.

More on BP trial:

cdiver.net...

www2.wkrg.com...

Spill Seen From Oil Platform in Gulf

(file)

By: Associated Press | WKRG
Published: October 04, 2012
» Comments | Post a Comment
NEW ORLEANS --
The Coast Guard says an estimated 76 gallons of crude oil spilled from an oil platform operated by Apache Corp. off the coast of southeast Louisiana.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Bill Colclough said the spill was reported to authorities on Tuesday.

Colclough said a sheen created by the spill has dispersed and none of the spilled oil was recoverable.

The site, designed as Grand Isle Block 43, is west of BP's Macondo well, which spewed more than 200 million gallons of oil after an explosion aboard the BP-leased rig Deepwater Horizon in April 2010.

edit on 6-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: tj lane

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KhufuKeplerTriangle

What do people expect after we pumped 30 trillion gallons of toxic waste in to the ground?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-10-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add link

<<   2 >>

join