It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Play Warcraft? - You're a freak according to the Republicans in Maine...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well, she can't be all that bad if she's a horde toon. lol

Way to go GOP for alienating several million voters. Many WOW players are not 12yos, or 30 somethings in their mother's basement. You would be surprised by how many college educated professionals play WOW for fun and relaxation.

Perhaps the GOP would prefer the "Call of Duty®" crowd?

edit on 5-10-2012 by Siberbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That (linklink) may be a play on "Christina's World" a through the blue door impression of a Maine woman painted by Andrew Wyeth.

edit on 5-10-2012 by Cauliflower because: my fingers can't type that fast anymore

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Here is a link to her guilds web page. Welcome to Wreck List! One of the comments she made here is kind of funny.

Did you know that more people over the age of 50 play video games than under the age of 18? As a gamer, I’m in good company with folks like Jodie Foster, Vin Diesel, Mike Myers, and Robin Williams. Maybe it’s the Republican Party that is out of touch.”

According to the Entertainment Software Rating Board, here’s a break down and profile of a gamer in the United States: 65% of U.S. households 49% of 18 – 49 year olds 26% over the age of 50 25% under the age of 18 2 out of 5 people are female average age of a gamer is 34 $24.8 billion industry

And a comment from the Guild itself.

They have set up a ridiculous smear website and apparently sent out embarrassingly stupid mailers. (I will not link to them). The website discusses how she plays a rogue and likes to stab things. Really. It also repeats slanders of WoW players in general and accuses her of leading some kind of double life because she has enjoyed video games. Seriously, it is that dumb. It is also filled with falsehoods. It quotes some study about the average hours played weekly by WoW subscribers, and implies she plays that often. As we all know, Santiaga has barely been around for more than a year, so the implication that she plays all the time is just a flat out lie. I guess that is par for the course with republicans, though, so it shouldn't be surprising. Can't talk about the issues? Fabricate personal attacks. Anyway, Santiaga issued a wonderful response, which I am reprinting below.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

Originally posted by neformore
Since when does someones video game character make them unfit for office?

It doesn't, but the things she has been saying online do.
"I can kill stuff without going to jail."
"Do not send me a campaign contribution or I will have to stab you! Seriously!"
"I like to stab things and I'm originally from NJ....what's your f*ing point?!"
Things like that are nowhere near acceptable from people who are in the public spotlight. Personally, I could care less, but we all know the masses will have a fit at the first sight of it.

Completely unrelated, but from the linked article:

Gaming researcher Ladan Cockshut

...What an amusing name

edit on 5-10-2012 by trollz because: (no reason given)

Valid point. She was the one who brought her politics into the game and she obviously has some "issues." I wonder if she acts that way in the game but decries "violent activities" like hunting or taget shooting.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
These brain dead political moron probably included the game into "it will make you violent, etc etc" to win voters, like votes of parents and older generation. They have no clue of the games, and what they are. They take the worse possible games and portray the whole gaming as such.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

To be honest I almost passed this thread by, thinking it was going to be a joke. (Thanks to Kali74 for directing me to it). I do believe that this sinks to a new low, and while I find this totally absurd I find this statement by the Republican incumbant even more disturbing:

Martin said he has no plans to make an issue out of Lachowicz’s alter-ego and explained that the parties frequently operate without consulting candidates in local Maine races.

Bold mine.
Politico.com Source

That statement was in response to this one:

Martin said he was unaware of the state Republican Party’s press release or Lachowicz’s hobby until contacted by POLITICO. He said he’s met his opponent once so far and she “seemed like a nice lady.” He said he deplores “mudslinging politics.”

Still, the state GOP is going all the way on his behalf, with a special website, ColleensWorld.Com, and mail pieces to be sent to voters attacking Lachowicz this week.
Bold again mine. Source is same as above.

Seriously? The state party leadership does not consult with the candidates prior to launching an attack strategy? Lord forbid the right hand let the left hand know what it's doing. What, are they in preschool? "There there, sit back and relax, Big Daddy's got it all under control as he understands that you don't have the brains of a goose and know not how to handle your own campaign".

I applaude the statement of the Republican incumbant however, who claims to dislike "mudslinging politics". I wish we had more on both sides who felt the same. However, it looks as though his own state level party campaign people do not hold the same values and are hell bent for leather to push him into the mud pit.

As for the Democratic candidate playing WoW, I don't have an opinion one way or the other. If I were a voter in Maine I would be much more concerned about the real issues that effect the state and how she would go about dealing with them rather than what she chooses to do in her private life.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I dont see the problem with this, Orcs are clearly not suited for political office.

They are better used as fodder on the front line.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Clinton just mentioned on Jon Stewart last week that he loves video games. It was actually pretty funny the way he said it:

Anybody that's ever been like me hooked on a video game knows, you got to have good simulation to keep yourself in a constant state of anxiety."

He was talking about some enterprise in Florida that I didn't even understand before that.

So repubs can say what they want.
edit on 5-10-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Guess I'm a freak,

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Never played WOW lot of killing,lying, and other stuff going on it ?

Make a good Senator by my standards makes them a sociopath, never seeing their victims in real life.
edit on 5-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Way to completely miss the point mate.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Never played WOW lot of killing,lying, and other stuff going on it ?

Make a good Senator by my standards makes them a sociopath, never seeing their victims in real life.
edit on 5-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Yep. She gets into it a wee bit too much.

It is not about gaming. We played D&D in teh late seventies/early eighties (basic set released in 1979? IIR?) My mom, a devout Catholic and conservative loved it. If her teenaged sons and thier friends were in the house, playing a game on Saturday night, she knew we were not out getting into trouble, and she thought (and I agree) that the game inspired imagination, teamwork, and problem solving.

As long as we did not get fanatical and not do other things, she was cool with it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't know, but I find it hilarious to imagine a pink haired female gnome ganking any of those utterly childish republigoons.

It'd cause them a huge amount of trauma and they'd be scarred for life!

Life I tell you!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I don't know, but I find it hilarious to imagine a pink haired female gnome ganking any of those utterly childish republigoons.

It'd cause them a huge amount of trauma and they'd be scarred for life!

Life I tell you!

Meh, they'd spit out a big glop of Beech Nut and pull out the old .45. "Durn Nite Elves!"

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am an avid gamer, together with my wife. She is an *extreme* gamer, i can't even compete with her.
Of course, we also played WoW for the longest...

I can tell you, i have seen more FANTASY and BIZARRE stuff here on ATS in stories what people claim and believe as true - even a fantasy world like WoW cannot even compete there....

As for the politician referred to in the OP, the WoW player...hey i would vote for him for THAT reason alone...but now I see he is horde.......so...no
j/k

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I don't play WoW, but I do not see how this is relevant at all.

As a born and raised Mainer, I was proud of us earlier in the year for our support of Ron Paul which I was a part of. This, however, is disgraceful. Totally unbelievable. Im glad I've recently moved out of state because that place is going to hell, politics and crime wise. Not that it isn't happening other places.

We need serious political reform in this country because our politicians are going to ridiculous levels to discredit others. Time for the reset button.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Playing as a Horde rogue, eh? Dirty, sneaky backstabber!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I dunno. It kind of seems like anyone that plays World of Losercraft is unfit to be human.
I play video games. My first home system was an atari 2600. I have been doing it a long time. I still cannot understand the people that "play" wow. They LIVE it, not just play it. I have yet to meet a person that admits to playing that game that did not already seem like they needed some help and a cage.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andcoulter
I dunno. It kind of seems like anyone that plays World of Losercraft is unfit to be human.
I play video games. My first home system was an atari 2600. I have been doing it a long time. I still cannot understand the people that "play" wow. They LIVE it, not just play it. I have yet to meet a person that admits to playing that game that did not already seem like they needed some help and a cage.

I've been playing games since the Atari 2600 too mate, in fact even before that. I used to own a Microbee with a cool yachting game on it. I also used a Commodore 64 a few times at my cousins house.

I love playing WoW. My guild does not have a single person in it under the age of 30. I know MANY adults who play WoW, so it seems you're opinion is very much in the minority.

But by all means, continue insulting the millions of people out there that enjoy playing WoW simply because YOU don't like it. Perhaps it is YOU that should be in a cage?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join