It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich Top Oil-Republicans Trying To Hurt Obama by Increasing the Cost Of Gasoline We Pay

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by thetiler

Failure at political trolling.

Rich republicans don't control the price of oil at the pump, much as you might like to blame everything wrong with this country on them.

I'll give you the same reason I gave the last person I just commented to:
Political Trolling, that is what I don't do.

You sound like the referees that got called in because of the NFL dispute and because of bad calls got released and fired.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Don't get me started on the ethanol scam. I have considered starting a thread on it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I think the Middle East has a finger in that pie...like about 5 fingers.

Des

With a lot of rich - oil republicans holding hands.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I thought the Obama administration wanted higher gas prices.

It could be Obama doing it!

I think the last thing that Obama wants right now is for the oil prices to go up. That would not help him getting elected at all. I don't think he wants to teter - totter on that see-saw

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
OIL PRICES are too high and it is really hurting the average middle class and poor !
I am really quite upset and I am sure most of your are as well. But something really needs to be done to stop the constant upward swing of gas prices.

Some troll monster - accusationers are taking this lightly but my lively hood depends on gas prices being lower, way lower.

Truck drivers are loosing their jobs over it by the tons!

Check out this youtube video:
www.youtube.com...

Check out the last truck driver that talks about "the tipping point" in the video!

Of course there are TONS of unhappy truckers now, because of the all time high cost of gas. But I think you get the idea.

edit on 5-10-2012 by thetiler because: added thought

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Obama campaigned on high gas prices in 08. He told America gas would have to go up so that alternative energy could compete. He is actually making good on a campaign promise. This gets twisted into Republicans fault even though it is in Obama's plans? I assure you he is happy about rising gas prices. It is just inconvenient right before election.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-10-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I thought the Obama administration wanted higher gas prices.

It could be Obama doing it!

Check this out about Obama's view on oil and what it did to the Gulf Coast:
"Obama believes "that continuing to drill at these depths without knowing what happened does not make any sense and potentially puts the safety of those on the rigs and the safety of the environment in the Gulf at a danger," Gibbs said."

That quote is at this link:
content.usatoday.com...

It doesn't sound like he was in bed with BP.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Obama campaigned on high gas prices in 08. He told America gas would have to go up so that alternative energy could compete. He is actually making good on a campaign promise. This gets twisted into Republicans fault even though it is in Obama's plans? I assure you he is happy about rising gas prices. It is just inconvenient right before election.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-10-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

At the end of the Bush Presidency gas prices fell to $1.69, oil prices plummeted. Bush is in oil as are many of the rich, not so with Obama. Oil prices rose.
Check out Obama's view on BP in the link below. Obama is not always happy with big oil, especially what it did to the Gulf Coast.

And of course Obama is known for his enthusiasm to increase regulatory oversight of oil markets to limit the "illegal manipulation of market rigging, fraud that have contributed to gas prices skyrocketing.
Obama asked congress to clamp down on speculators.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
My wife works at a Starbucks and one of the ladies she works with didn't have any gas in her car and had to scrummage through her car and her purse to get enough change to buy a gallon of gas to get back to the store. This happened last friday, my wife just said to me.

This is happening to people all over the U.S. because of big oil affiliates and price of gasoline.

Do they even know what they are doing on a mass scale to the average person?
I don't think so.

edit on 5-10-2012 by thetiler because: spelling and additional thought

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
GAS PRICE JUST JUMPED IN CALIFORNIA - Oct 5th, 2012 ! TODAY!

"California gasoline prices jump 17 cents a gallon overnight".
news.yahoo.com...

This was posted just 2 hours and 10 minuets ago.

California is a democratic state

Here is were the gas prices are the lowest (republican)
South Carolina
Wiki:
The South Carolina Republican Party controls all nine statewide offices and holds majorities in the South Carolina Senate and the South Carolina House of Representatives. Republicans also hold both of the state's U.S. Senate seats and five of the state's six U.S. House of Representatives seats.

Read "Current Elected Officals Wiki:
en.wikipedia.org...

South Carolina price trend (lowest gas prices-republican)
California - highest gas prices - (democrat)
Here is the graph:
www.tennesseegasprices.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Des

What makes you think Oil Companies don't like High Prices?

There is not one in existence that doesn't profit from higher prices.

It is so basic it hurts

They have the other hand in that pie
edit on 5-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

Economy knowlege fail. HIgher prices can reduce consumption which reduces profits. From instability in the ME to closing refineries and increased regulations and shutting down a pipline project here, there is no reason to look for conspiracies to explain the prices. Obama stated that he wanted the cost of fossil fuels to go up and would make regulations that would do so. Well, no #, he did what he said he would.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Rich republicans don't control the price of oil at the pump, much as you might like to blame everything wrong with this country on them.

That'll be news to the rich republican Koch brothers.
As well as rich republican oilman EXXON CEO Rex Tilson.
You don't wanna go there cause the list goes on and on.
All republican all oil and all certainly stupid rich.

Want more? Just say the word.
edit on 5-10-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Gee, California tax's gasoline at over 50 cents a gallon where South Carolina is 16 cents a gallon. I wonder why it's higher in California.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

Gee, California tax's gasoline at over 50 cents a gallon where South Carolina is 16 cents a gallon. I wonder why it's higher in California.

My wife just heard 20 cents over the tv and that is a few seconds ago: Friday 12:09 PM.

If the oil powers-that-be can disguise the fact that it truly doesn't have rich-oil-republican undertones, it could be a catalyst to get the fence sitters agitated enough to go for Romney.
edit on 5-10-2012 by thetiler because: added thought

edit on 5-10-2012 by thetiler because: added thought and spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by campanionator

Des

What makes you think Oil Companies don't like High Prices?

There is not one in existence that doesn't profit from higher prices.

It is so basic it hurts

They have the other hand in that pie
edit on 5-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

Economy knowlege fail. HIgher prices can reduce consumption which reduces profits. From instability in the ME to closing refineries and increased regulations and shutting down a pipline project here, there is no reason to look for conspiracies to explain the prices. Obama stated that he wanted the cost of fossil fuels to go up and would make regulations that would do so. Well, no #, he did what he said he would.

Here is a direct quote from Obama:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------
“Just from a political perspective, do you think a president of the United States going into reelection wants gas prices to go up higher? Is there anybody here who thinks that makes a lot of sense?” Obama asked rhetorically to the room full of reporters and cameramen.

“Here’s the bottom line with respect to gas prices, I want to get gas prices lower because they hurt families, because I meet folks everyday who have to drive a long way to get to work and them filling up this gas tank gets more and more painful and is a tax out of their pocketbooks out of their paychecks,”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

That'll be news to the rich republican Koch brothers.
As well as rich republican oilman EXXON CEO Rex Tilson.
You don't wanna go there cause the list goes on and on.
All republican all oil and all certainly stupid rich.

Want more? Just say the word.
edit on 5-10-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

It seems to make some sense to me, really!

Thanks for your time !

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Oh you are right on with this thread.
It's the same with giant corporations and Jobs.
No one wants to hire and make O look good .
To say these tactics don't exist is ludicrous .
They work because they are incredibly hard to catch, as far as a paper trail.
These are deals done on the golf course in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Here is a table of each state tax on gasoline.

www.gaspricewatch.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sorry if I am not going to take the partisan bait for either side here simply because there is nothing on that hook. Hasn't been for decades.

Price gouging may have secondary motives but primary has always been profit. If the seller can get away with a higher sales price and still not lose sales volume, then the price is going up. Take it to the bank. Bicker on the cause and affect if you want to but it is a waste of oxygen.

Now a seller may want to do everything in their power to maintain that environment but that is another discussion...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
Sorry if I am not going to take the partisan bait for either side here simply because there is nothing on that hook. Hasn't been for decades.

Price gouging may have secondary motives but primary has always been profit. If the seller can get away with a higher sales price and still not lose sales volume, then the price is going up. Take it to the bank. Bicker on the cause and affect if you want to but it is a waste of oxygen.

Now a seller may want to do everything in their power to maintain that environment but that is another discussion...

Check out about > 1:13 into the video !

Carl Larry stated:

2/3rds of oil traded is not being bought by oil companies, but by >>>investors, banks and hedge funds

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join