It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich Top Oil-Republicans Trying To Hurt Obama by Increasing the Cost Of Gasoline We Pay

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The rich U.S. rebublican oil barons would hate worst than anything to have their taxes raised. They would love to get those gas prices real high during Obama's watch. This could be what Romney needs to get him over the hump in the last weeks. The rich republican oil power brokers could really be the catalyst to get the job done.

Just a few minuets ago my wife just heard in the news that gas could be going higher again.

Just a thought.

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

I think the Middle East has a finger in that pie...like about 5 fingers.

Des

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Failure at political trolling.

Rich republicans don't control the price of oil at the pump, much as you might like to blame everything wrong with this country on them.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I thought the Obama administration wanted higher gas prices.

It could be Obama doing it!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I thought the Obama administration wanted higher gas prices.

It could be Obama doing it!

True dat Beez....he wants us to be on par with European gas prices. He said it will force us to turn to alternative means of transportation...like green cars.....the one's he tosses bajillions of our tax dollars to the manufacturers of....

Des

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Actually, TPTB will usually bring commodity prices down if they like the incumbent.

While the speculators have some influence as do World events, the biggest influence on commodity prices is the value of the dollar since all commodities are priced in dollars.

Due to the money printing and endless debt, they are losing the ability to stave off inflation.

But nice try with regards to your attempt at inciting class warfare: "rich Republicans, poor Democrats".

Sure sure.

edit on 5-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Do you see this a result of QE3 then?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Des

What makes you think Oil Companies don't like High Prices?

There is not one in existence that doesn't profit from higher prices.

It is so basic it hurts

They have the other hand in that pie
edit on 5-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

Failure at political trolling.

Rich republicans don't control the price of oil at the pump, much as you might like to blame everything wrong with this country on them.

Last time prices went up, they blocked for the oil companies, take off your blinders man!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thanks all for taking the time to stop by. I am an obama supporter, hough I would love to see a revamping of the entire republican and democratic system to get more laws past for the good of the country. The tug of war is plain and simply awful for the country.

People like Jesse Ventura and Ron Paul would be less prone to be bought out by big money lobbyist. Though not perfect, it would be a step in the right direction. But it would have to be such that both democratic and republicans would have to quite stalling in their agreements to work together for the sake of the country. Unless a revamping of both parties, a new party wouldn't get much done either.

An example of this is:
The last debate, Romney talks of how great he is in dealing across the board with the democrats. And I think Obama could of filled volumes with how tough it is getting his ideas past to the Republicans. This predicament seems to happen way too often in presidencies down throughout past decades with both parties.

The Wiki on President Obama:
en.wikipedia.org...

As president, Obama signed economic stimulus legislation in the form of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 in response to the 2007–2009 recession in the United States. Other major domestic policy initiatives include the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010, and the Budget Control Act of 2011. In foreign policy, Obama ended US military involvement in the Iraq War, increased troop levels in Afghanistan, signed the New START arms control treaty with Russia, ordered U.S. military involvement in Libya, and ordered the military operation that resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden.

Wiki on Romney:
en.wikipedia.org...

Elected Governor of Massachusetts in 2002, Romney did not seek re-election in 2006. During his term, he presided over the elimination of a projected $3 billion deficit through a combination of spending cuts, increased fees, and removal of corporate tax loopholes; Massachusetts also benefited from new federal grants and unexpected revenue from a previously enacted capital gains tax increase. He helped develop and signed into law the Massachusetts health care reform legislation, the first of its kind in the nation, which provided near-universal health insurance access through state-level subsidies and individual mandates to purchase insurance. Romney ran for the Republican nomination in the 2008 U.S. presidential election, winning several primaries and caucuses but losing the nomination to John McCain. In June 2011, he announced that he would seek the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^ QUESTION:
I never studied why Romney lost to John McCain because I followed Obama.
Why did Romney loose to McCain ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After adding the question above, I am trying to do more searches:
You would think that because of McCains view of war mongering, why Romney would of lost out to
McCain. Was Romney that bad:

Here is a post from a reader from latimes:
www.latimes.com...

baieli at 12:39 PM October 01, 2012
Although Romney's views is going to cause him to lose the election. John McCain himself is going to be a major reason too that Romney is going to lose the election. McCain is running around the country complaining and calling for wars, bombings, and invasions! McCain himself is a warmonger but except for the Defense Industry and the *(Oil companies) that own McCain most people do not want McCain's wars. We don't want Romney & McCain sending our children and grandchildren off to some war for senseless killings and bloodshed. Romney too could appoint McCain Sec of Defense and nobody would want to see that warmonger John McCain in the office. Anyways at McCain's advance age McCain lacks the skills, knowledge, profieniecy and temperament and qualifications to understand today's MODERN problems.

I put the *( ) for oil companies.

No, I am not that stupid to think that rich oil republicans can't have a tremendous effect on the presidential race.

Here is another reason I think big money can effect the outcome of elections, check this out about Mitt:
From LJP305:

Read this and look what powers the rich have! You think OIL COMPANIES can't do the same thing?
RE Mitt, China & taxes:
The Boston Globe reports that as Bain Capital CEO, Mitt invested in Global-Tech Appliances, a China based manufacturing company. In an Apr 8, 1998 prospectus meant to attract investors, Global-Tech said it used inexpensive labor and highlighted working conditions of it's metal stamping department:
Peak Production Periods require six-day work weeks, and 10-hour shifts per day.
The main manufacturing facility, located in Dongguan China, includes 14 buildings that serve as dormitories accommodating up to 3,700 workers.
The Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights said that Global-Tech's workers earn “…just 24 cents an hour in 1998 and less than $2.00 a day. Wages in Global-Tech were less than 2% of US wages.”

Shortly before Mitt invested, Global-Tech promoted its low-wage, low-tax liability to investors saying its current operations would not be subject to “material US taxes because it should not be considered to have significant income effectively with a trade or business in the US.”

Nine days later on Apr 17, 1998, Bain Capital affiliate Brookside Capital Partners Fund acquired about 6% of Global-Tech according to the Securities and Exchange Commission. Mitt was listed as the sole shareholder, sole director, President & CEO of Brookside, Inc. This was 1 of many examples of Mitt choosing to pay less US taxes while using/exploiting foreign workers for profit.
edit on 5-10-2012 by thetiler because: added thought

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
#1 reason - Wall Street speculators. #2 reason - idled refineries. Record number of refineries are being idled now, even with production at a historic high.

Why? To drive prices up. Could be political (they don't like the incumbent), but it's also plain old fashioned greed. They do it because they can.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
#1 reason - Wall Street speculators. #2 reason - idled refineries. Record number of refineries are being idled now, even with production at a historic high.

Why? To drive prices up. Could be political (they don't like the incumbent), but it's also plain old fashioned greed. They do it because they can.

Thanks for your input !

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Originally posted by Destinyone

Des

What makes you think Oil Companies don't like High Prices?

There is not one in existence that doesn't profit from higher prices.

It is so basic it hurts

They have the other hand in that pie

Of course they like higher prices, but if it gets closer to a possible Romney own-age of the presidency it may be time for them to cool it a bit

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Rich Top Oil-Republicans Trying To Hurt Obama by Increasing the Cost Of Gasoline We Pay

That's just political trolling and an attempt at class warfare rhetoric. The price of gas is based on oil speculators, the mood of OPEC, and US foreign policy. If prices go up it's because of the speculators and a failure of the POTUS in regards to foreign policy with oil producing countries and the international situation (which the POTUS has a hand in as well).

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
After labor day, the prices should drop, and they are not dropping.

Somehow a fire at a refinery in Venezuela has caused gas prices to go up for an entire nation.

This is the biggest racket I have ever seen.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

You mean like a few years ago when hedge fund investors started secretly storing billions of gallons of oil, driving the prices up, so then they could sell them at the higher prices?

You really think that they don't want to unseat a President who wants more regulations?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Actually, TPTB will usually bring commodity prices down if they like the incumbent.

While the speculators have some influence as do World events, the biggest influence on commodity prices is the value of the dollar since all commodities are priced in dollars.

Due to the money printing and endless debt, they are losing the ability to stave off inflation.

But nice try with regards to your attempt at inciting class warfare: "rich Republicans, poor Democrats".

Sure sure.

edit on 5-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

"Warefare" - I just don't want mass well-fare. If big oil keeps taking all the money, there won't be anything left go go around.
Look what happened in the gulf of mexico with BP. They still don't want to tell about the MUCK on the bottom!
They sugar coat the commercials and say everything is fine and dandy.
"Class warefare" the exact opposite, to stop class warfare. There is nothing more that would cause that type of problem than to not understand exactly is going on. Then systems, polices new type of ideas, functions, attitudes could bring to pass a new day. A day of prosperity for all and not just the few.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
After labor day, the prices should drop, and they are not dropping.

Somehow a fire at a refinery in Venezuela has caused gas prices to go up for an entire nation.

This is the biggest racket I have ever seen.

Thanks for posting, I agree.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Obama has printed new money twice with nothing to back it. OPEC raises the price of a barrel of oil when we print money because it is worth less. Speculation in the stock market with oil stocks also raise the price. Tightening restrictions on big oil raises the price. Shortages raise the price. There are many reasons why gas prices rise. Obama needs no help destroying his re-election chances.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

That's just political trolling and an attempt at class warfare rhetoric. The price of gas is based on oil speculators, the mood of OPEC, and US foreign policy. If prices go up it's because of the speculators and a failure of the POTUS in regards to foreign policy with oil producing countries and the international situation (which the POTUS has a hand in as well).

Nothing can be further from the truth.
If you accept everything as is then (rich having most of the wealth then Romney is your man.

"political trolling", then you don't read very many of my posts do you? I very seldom troll, I am a passionate musician - artist. That doesn't like to go around looking for a fight. You seem to be jumping the gun on that big-time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join