It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$5.00 dollar a gallon gas is back yay!! (NOT)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

Truth is, it's a combination of economics and other values and/or factors.

My argument to you is that pollution is an ever increasing factor.

You honestly can't be unaware of the vast AGW and anti-pollution lobby that's working in our schools and in our media to change peoples minds about fossil fuels and the pollution they create?

This is real and it's big and it's sweeping the world.
edit on 5-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Pollution is a factor, but it's not increasing yet at such a high rate that people stop to realize it, on the whole.

I agree that it will become more of an issue that must be publicly addressed in the future, but we're not there yet.

Still, look to China. Their pollution is insane, and their regulation policies are slack. It's a matter of economics, primarily.

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by moniesisfun

You honestly can't be unaware of the vast AGW and anti-pollution lobby that's working in our schools and in our media to change peoples minds about fossil fuels and the pollution they create?

It doesn't do much good. There are an equal amount of lobbyists, if not more so, that counter argue the issue. Most people have been heavily propagandized by BigOil into the "drill, baby, drill" and "global warming is a myth" mindset.

Just look at ATS. Most of these "free minds" believe it's just propaganda from the left to scare us into carbon tax.
edit on 5-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Lets all promise that when shtf we will use dull hacksaws to cut the limbs of the oil barons.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Wherever you're at , you got it made.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The thing I dont get (or maybe I do), is how come the oil companies profits are constantly rising, and shareholders are constantly getting richer? They say they have to raise prices due to such and such occurring and this that and the other, but if they continue making record profits, why do they need to raise the price of anything. They own basically every aspect of everything that goes into making gasoline and producing oil.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Live in Central Cali also. Went to the Gas Station and the guy says "better fill up now cuz its going up .30cents sometime today". How is this possible?? Isn't demand down right now because of the economy and China?? I dont care how many fires are purposely set it shouldnt out weight the demand no matter what.

I am sick of this. Gas Prices should be down to at least $2.50 a gallon.

In Portugal, where the minimum salary is 600 dollars a month, we pay something like 8 dollars US/Gallon. Stop crying.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This rise in prices is for one reason only. It's not because of profits because governments (or the corporations that control them) don't like to suck too much blood from their hosts. You don't want to suck the host dry. The rise in prices accomplishes one very important thing though. It limits consumption. Which gets more important day by day.

edit on 21-2-2013 by Apollumi because: Changed wording

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join