It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If NDE are real and not hallucinations, why doesn't everyone experience it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I was watching a good documentary (probably the only documentary) other than the worm hole about "The Day I Died". It doesn't try to tell you this factual information is proof of God or religion but simply suggests sure it's possible and also they try their best to explain how it is not a hallucination scientifically (fast forward to the last 15 minutes of the video). There is a lady on there that doesn't believe it and think it's hallucination and drugs but they haven't been able to prove it (maybe yet) because it's very difficult to pin point the exact moment and because of circumstances.

But anyways if they aren't actors and this is all real, then why doesn't everyone experience a NDE? My mother had one once when she was giving birth and there were complications. She claims she died but I don't know if she did for that moment, all I know is that her life was in jeopardy. All points to the same, feeling out of body experience, going through a tunnel, beautiful colors, and seeing her deceased mother. She wanted to go with her mother but her mother would not let her go with her. At that moment she went back to her body and realized she was giving birth to my brother. Could've been drugs?

Youtube Video
www.youtube.com...

If I ever come close I would hope to experience this and come back to tell my story so I no longer fear death. It seems all that have experienced this no longer fear.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

The part about the blind lady raises questions to me though.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
All I know is in the Journey Through an NDE link in my signature. Yeah yeah a plug, but its on topic.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Interesting story, thanks for sharing.

I think we can only gauge situations like these on probabilities, i.e. what is more likely? Is it more likely that someone is stepping into the afterworld and conversing with dead souls? Or it more likely that the brain is under duress and causing visual phenomena?

I can't claim to know either way, but I usually lean on what is more probable.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I saw a documentary on this a few years back, here is one source.

It is believed that a massive release of '___' from the pineal gland prior to death or near-death is the cause of the near-death experience phenomenon.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

I am a fan of lucid dreaming. The theory suggests that we do not get this much '___' during a near death experience.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I wonder the same thing for psychic abilities.
Why doesn't everyone experience it?

If the spirit is not going to leave the body,then there wouldn't be an NDE. Some go and come back, and some never leave until it is certain they won't come back. Those who have NDE's are being shown something to change or redirect their life experience and perspective.

IMO.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Your question is an overly simplistic one. "Everyone" assumes too much for the question to be valid, which of course is standard scientific thinking.

People experience what they need to experience. Many with a NDE are folks who, given the chance, will simply vacate the body at that moment. While freewill is always in order, the folks they meet while consciously out of the body are nearly always aspects of themselves who are there to see if they can suggest staying in the body. But not everyone needs to be convinced, some just flee back. The process isn't like ordering cable, everyone's experience is unique with the circumstances that surround it being complex.

Another problem with your question is memory of the event. People can experience all manner of things without a recall of it, so "everyone" presumes a perfect recall for everyone.

The most glaring problem with the thinking here is that everyone wants to speak about things. A great many of us experience all manner of things everyday we simply have no need or desire to speak of. Why do I care if someone I don't know knows about my NDE? I surely don't care enough to write about it.

So using the term "everyone" simply assumes several things that inhibit your understanding of things that, since you haven't had one, will be limited at best.

These events are personal, they are not for science or others to hang their hat on and proclaim something monumental about the cosmos. Many try and explain, in their own way, but not for the listener to really and truly understand, but as an expression of experience. Many who speak of their experiences are not articulate, have no real way of putting into words the unwordable. In the end the expression of the event is, at best, a severely limited experience on both sides.

You can't possibly understand what it is like to drop the game winning hit in the world series, you can't, yet you don't question the person who describes his ill-fated effort. These stories should be treated the same, but too often we see questions like, "oh yeah, well how come everyone.....?" which only demonstrates ignorance of the truth of personal experience.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I wonder the same thing for psychic abilities.
Why doesn't everyone experience it?

If the spirit is not going to leave the body,then there wouldn't be an NDE. Some go and come back, and some never leave until it is certain they won't come back. Those who have NDE's are being shown something to change or redirect their life experience and perspective.

IMO.

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but not everyone experiences an NDE because not everyone has a clinical death and is revived.

Of the people who have this experience, many have memories of similar events. But some have very terrifying memories. Others have the into the light type. It does vary, but there is enough similarity to not just write it off as nothing.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If NDE are real and not hallucinations, why doesn't everyone experience it?,

So what's the mystery? I've never been near death, so I would not experience it. Have you? And quite a few people who are near death, keep right on going until they are. It's a relatively rare thing for people to be near deat and come back to tell about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip

I think we can only gauge situations like these on probabilities, i.e. what is more likely? Is it more likely that someone is stepping into the afterworld and conversing with dead souls? Or it more likely that the brain is under duress and causing visual phenomena?

Just some kindly advice......dont put to much stock in this brain stress/visual explaination. There are also may cases of audio without visual as well as both together
edit on 4-10-2012 by Logarock because: more

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The answer is obvious: the people who don't have them are demonic incarnations who must be terminated from this plane of existence immediately!!

Really though, it's because it's just a funky brain experience. I think it does serve a purpose. It creates an illusion of a greater reality...those who "come back" can help us to be more at ease with existence, and our inevitable demise. The groups who had these experiences could cope better, and be more resilient to stress...giving them an evolutionary advantage.

I'm not that weak. No need for hocus pocus here.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

I have never died, at least in this lifetime, so I am just kind of going off of what I have been told by people who have had NDE's and my understanding of the spirit world. People cross in different ways, and a lot of it depends on how one dies and how they see themselves,I think.
I wonder if there is any sort of pattern between the scarey experiences and traumatic death/revival?

edit on 4-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
I saw a documentary on this a few years back, here is one source.

It is believed that a massive release of '___' from the pineal gland prior to death or near-death is the cause of the near-death experience phenomenon.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

I am a fan of lucid dreaming. The theory suggests that we do not get this much '___' during a near death experience.

I've been able to lucid dream a few times and it is rare. I think that my frequent occurrence of sleep paralysis has to do with it but it's never really felt real to me because I knew I was dreaming.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just curious for your explanation. I don't know if you watched the video or not...but if it is a hallucination how was Pam able to describe the details of how the odd surgical tools looked without it ever being out of its package, her eyes taped shut, and the ticking things in her ear? How was she able to recall the conversation and them moving down to cut her leg in detail as if she were awake when she was knocked out? Surely she couldn't have felt it if she was numb and like I said unconscious?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip

Just some kindly advice......dont put to much stock in this brain stress/visual explaination.

Some kindly advice... arguments help get points across. I am abnormally incredulous.

edit on 4-10-2012 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
BTW, I've had lucid dreams hundreds of times in my life, and just recently had an "out of body" experience yet again.

Was sleep deprived, and passed out easily. As soon as I drifted off, I "jumped" out of my bed. The room was perfectly as it is in reality, and I walked about for a little bit. Then I had this notion that I was just dreaming, and choose to focus on waking up. It happened within a second, and I was like, "awesome"!! so decided to drift back off...

I repeated this a few times, until I was able to be strong minded enough to realize that I was dreaming for real without having to come back, and I tried to find any inconsistencies in my reconstruction of reality, from reality itself...nope!

Our subconscious processes everything

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I think the answer as to Why doesn't everyone have a clear, concise & memorable (nde) life experience...

It may be just like Dreams... some if not many people say they either don't dream or cannot recall their nightly dream escapades...

i bet NDEs are like that---- everyone will have a NDE if they are on the threshold of death... but many will not recall the NDE...

its not a state of smarts or psychic ability or anything like that... its all about that persons' state-of-mind at the moment of an NDE event...

a NDE is sort of haunting event and not so much a blessing/miracle thing, to my thinking, experience...
Having had two NDEs some 24 1/2 years apart
edit on 4-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of people have experienced NDE and quite a few celebs. Google " famous last words " and some saw something like Steve Jobs saying Oh wow. Had my own recently when I nearly died several times in the hospital from a serious illness. Didn't see the light or meet past relatives but I'm not afraid of death anymore.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The blind lady being able to see while having an NDE is very intersting. Kinda proves a point.

I dont believe in gods but that doesnt mean body death is the end.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

It's pretty damned interesting, but I see no reason to think this can't be done by the brain.

Blind people "see" through their other senses...if they're intelligent enough to compensate.

Do blind people dream as we do

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join