It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Steve's - IRAN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Something I found on the internet after watching the episode on television. At first I wasn't sure if it was an old or a new program and after listening for a bit I discovered this is a recent documentary.

Steves's calls this "The most fascinating and surprising land I've ever visited"

The people are very warm and welcoming. They are a good looking people too, the women focus more attention on their faces and seem not to mind the garb not unlike that of a nun. The people he encounters totally brighten up and seemed very pleased when Steve's tells them he is an American.

"We love Americans!" Some of the crowd says with big warm smiles on their faces.

Even he says at the end of the clip the thing that most impressed him was the warm welcome and friendliness of the people. And they are Muslim. I am not sure what Steve's religion is - it didn't come up.

At one point Steve's asks outright if they harbor any resentment toward Americans and the crowd gathered in the street and they seemed to voice a unified NO. They made it clear they believe our governments are fighting with each other but not the people and they do not fault Americans. You get the idea they are not happy with their own government either but resign themselves as we do. There is not much they can do about it.

The scenes of the towns I found quite interesting and the culture, so different from ours but nothing I saw fit to condemn certainly. I don't know everything but then who among us knows what injustice takes place right under our own noses?

Steves was disappointed with the few but significant museum artifacts until he found out the rest of their history was looted. Those that remain appear to represent the ancient Sumerians we see in glyphs and depictions. There are some pieces I hadn't seen before even though I am fascinated with all things Gilgamesh.

Another striking thing to me was the way the people negotiate traffic. There were some very busy 4 way intersections with a few lanes of traffic each way, no traffic lights, but somehow they made it work. Every time I approach an intersection now I consider, 'What if there was no traffic light here?' How would we negotiate?

Anyway I did a search for this but didn't find it although I added it as response to a few threads. Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i've been to countries that have no stop lights.

it's not that complicated, you just go with the flow. even though it looks chaotic, its more like leaves gently flowing down a river.

you have ample time to make corrections so you don't bump into each other.

also, no one is trying to beat each other, and if someone cuts in front, they don't take it personally and start raging.

passing is also rare, but since there are no stop signs, everybody is going at a brisk pace so its not needed.

edit on 4-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I saw this several months and was impressed with the friendliness of the Iranian people and the beauty of the architecture and land there. Anyone in favor of dropping bombs and attacking Iran I dare to watch this program and come back and tell you would still want to.
It's a beautiful country and the cradle of civilization. Iran hasn't initiated a war in over 200 years so what business do we have trying to stop a nation like this from building nuclear power plants?
Great show, I'll watch it again.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

join