It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lions led by donkeys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

When you close your eyes and disassociate from the senses you become one with the mind, a mind that is neither male or female, black or white. Yet this mind is in contact with everything. If the mind is unlimited why are we limiting it? Was it our own choice to limit it? Or have we been subtly misguided to do so? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying there is anything wrong with the senses or this world we appear to live in. All I am saying is do we want to be limited by it and led to believe we are much less than we are?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

So what? Is the Donkey the Ego?

I agree with your post. I've thought about it, and experienced it so much that I don't have anything to say about it. It was useful to forget so that we could communicate with our self as separate entities.

There's only one Lion

edit on 10/4/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't see lions being led by donkeys.

It's lies! ALL LIES!

*runs around like a mad man arms flailing around*

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Great reply, but I wouldn't expect less from the Lion. There is another saying which is ancient and it goes something like this. At first we are like donkeys being led here and there, then after some time we become like lions and roar. But in the end we become like a child.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Lol I was expecting something a bit more exciting to.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder
At first we are like donkeys being led here and there, then after some time we become like lions and roar. But in the end we become like a child.

I like that. I like that a lot.
I'm going to take that one with me.
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

All I am saying is do we want to be limited by it and led to believe we are much less than we are?

I believe it is the other way around, and that we are led to believe by our mind that we are much more than we really are. It's apparent what we really are because we experience ourselves and witness ourselves our whole lives, but the mind would have us believe otherwise.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Dustytoad

Great reply, but I wouldn't expect less from the Lion. There is another saying which is ancient and it goes something like this. At first we are like donkeys being led here and there, then after some time we become like lions and roar. But in the end we become like a child.

I don't know if it's ancient, but it sounds like Nietzsche's 'The Three Meamorphoses'

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

To believe is another matter , someone under the influence of alcohol for instance can believe they can drive very well but that belief is not a guarantee. Also you could disbelieve someones ability to do a particular task and they could prove that your disbelief is erroneous.You could believe your Father is you Father and your Mother on her death bed could tell you that your Father is someone else. Thus Spoke Zarathustra was written by Friedrich Nietzsche and he believed he was in some shape or form channeling Zarathustra an ancient Persian God (super hero), the book was amazing but we cannot prove or disprove his belief. But what is even more amazing is that you cannot even know where,when and how the mind or the universe comes in to being.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

To believe is another matter , someone under the influence of alcohol for instance can believe they can drive very well but that belief is not a guarantee. Also you could disbelieve someones ability to do a particular task and they could prove that your disbelief is erroneous.You could believe your Father is you Father and your Mother on her death bed could tell you that your Father is someone else. Thus Spoke Zarathustra was written by Friedrich Nietzsche and he believed he was in some shape or form channeling Zarathustra an ancient Persian God (super hero), the book was amazing but we cannot prove or disprove his belief. But what is even more amazing is that you cannot even know where,when and how the mind or the universe comes in to being.

I agree with you; but this further proves my point that the mind is the deceptive sense here. You believe the senses are limited and that the mind is unlimited, which leads you to the conclusion that the sensual world is limiting the unlimited mind. Now these are beliefs, which you proved can always be erroneous. In the case of your OP, the world shows you one thing, yet you conclude another for whatever reason, as most people, including myself, tend to do when the answer isn't sufficient enough to satiate our vanity.

How is it that when the world shows us one thing, we are able to conclude another, even if it means imagining beyond what we just experienced? Without our experiences, senses and the sensual world, would we be able to imagine at all?

I would argue that the senses and the sensual world is limited by the mind.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I agree with you; but this further proves my point that the mind is the deceptive sense here. You believe the senses are limited and that the mind is unlimited, which leads you to the conclusion that the sensual world is limiting the unlimited mind. Now these are beliefs, which you proved can always be erroneous. In the case of your OP, the world shows you one thing, yet you conclude another for whatever reason, as most people, including myself, tend to do when the answer isn't sufficient enough to satiate our vanity. How is it that when the world shows us one thing, we are able to conclude another, even if it means imagining beyond what we just experienced? Without our experiences, senses and the sensual world, would we be able to imagine at all? I would argue that the senses and the sensual world is limited by the mind.

I understand your view on the mind being deceptive which is provable in many cases. I will rephrase what you said a little here if not we can be misslead. I said that senses have their limitations but your conclusion is not on par with mine, because I believe the senses do not limit the mind one single bit, they may create an over powering detour, but in no way affect the limitless nature of the mind. In answer to your question that begins with "how is it" That is because of what is most certainly a human characteristic,the ability to dream as we experience life. Everybody does this to a degree, we rewrite what has happened to us on the physical level or rather we overwrite our experience. It is natural so it becomes a normal part of human experience, be it positive or negative dreaming makes no difference. "without or senses" well to this question I would say imagination is natural and as the senses relay information to the imagination, so they are an important part of the anatomy of the psyche. Finally following the idea that the mind is limitless, it would be logical to assume that it also has the ability to limit certain experiences, if not is just wouldn't be unlimited within itself.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The pure savage tainted by his civilized man, and then purified by the feminine. The beast, the wild man, being met and doing battle with the strong man of reason....being vested, tamed. The two then becoming one. Then the victor avenging the conquered and his inevitable loss, his death. The immortal avenging the mortals death, and in so doing becoming fully mortal himself and in need of cleansing himself.....The cycle complete and full circle....

It is not that one leads the other, but that both encircle each other in their respective death spirals until they merge by the victory of one over the other. They are then entwined and so made whole.

We are a broken world in which two powers, none supreme, battle for order not supremacy. Our supremacy will be celebrated together as one. Never one over the other.

Your donkey and lion will be as one.....as all things. I would call him the steed and not the donkey though....

The lion watchfully rests, and the steed stubbornly toils.....each his place to reveal and discover.....all in its time to be....to discover the other.

But know that tomorrow is inevitable.....that by the one shall they be merged and share in each other's toil and glory....

Tomorrow is a day of unity, of sacred union. It is not a day of celebrating victory, but of saluting your honorable enemies for their good battle. It is a day of marriage, and union....the child to be born of that union is the herald of humanities future.....the humanity we shall become....

but first we must toil in our day and rest in our night.....that is our destiny, but our fate would ask more of us, and we would be pleased for it do so as well....do not be restless....your night will come.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Great vision, great speech and great skill.Nothing else to add but that to what you say.

new topics

top topics

join