It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sage of Falvos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
A new artwork I just finished. Thought I'd share since I haven't posted art on here in a while.

Full Resolution

Passes

Edit: It's not 100 percent finished, I still need to do custom textures for the metal, add extra flora, displacement & a couple other things.

edit on 4-10-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Dear Raelsatu,

Please tell us how you made your lovely artwork.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Hey AQuestion.

I was actually planning on doing a basic walk-through of the process. I will post it up when I do (in this thread & on my site). The software I use is: 3ds Max for modeling+UVs+scene arrangement+lighting, Vray for materials & rendering, Photoshop for texture maps and post-work/composite. You can look at the link below, the image "Passes"; it will bring you to a scaled down overlook of the render passes I used.

I spent around 200 hours working on this, so to explain every single detail would take an inordinate amount of time.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Dear Raelsatu,

It is quite beautiful and as good as I have seen. One of my son in laws is an artist with a computer company, he is as talented as I have ever seen. One of my other son in laws is also an artist and very good at anime. Your art is as good as theirs. Both of my son in laws were shocked when they say my artwork (from before I had arthritis), they did not know that I had also enjoyed the arts. If what you have shown us is completely yours and if you love doing artwork then clearly you should pursue your passion because you have an eye. No father wants his child to marry an artist, most artists never do well in life and usually are worth more after they are dead and it is always for others. The first son in law I mentioned, is one of the best artists (regardless of format, drawing, painting, sculpture, he can do all of them and get them right the first time and then he only improves). I have ever met. You don't want your daughter to marry an artist unless you know they are great and he is and will be. You also have a very good talent, live it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
That's absolutely fantastic!

I'm always a little jealous of the artistically minded

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Incredible...yummy...eye candy.

Thanks for sharing.....

Des

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Thank you so much for taking your time to share these words -- I take it to heart. I'm continually working to improve myself on each new piece I create; & I have a few more projects that I hope to finish by this years' end (which I'll post as one).

As you said, it's my passion... but I do find myself worried that I won't be able to make a career out of it. At the very least I'm grateful to be able to share my art with people such as yourself. =]

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Thank you.

Ironically, I sometimes get jealous of fellow artist; especially ones that work in different mediums or have different skill-sets. I'm constantly in pursuit of better insight, different mindsets & the knowledge employed in different styles.

reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you Des. =]

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
awesome, your portfolio is great also.

you love your work, it really shows

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
wow! thats really cool!

i'm not a big fan of computer art,i'm more of a 'purest'!
i'm a tattoo artist,and i usually use bic pen,pencil,coloured pencils as my medium.
but you nailed this one! looks totally 3-D,looks real,and the background is excellent!
good job,i like alot!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
(Re-posted a link using a different image uploader. For some reason the first site was compressing the original image & messing with the quality)

reply to post by jazzguy

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

reply to post by reficul

I appreciate these words. I have a great deal of respect for artist that work in traditional mediums; and actually I would like to learn to paint/sketch someday. I believe it would help compliment my current skillset as well.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

Thank you so much for taking your time to share these words -- I take it to heart. I'm continually working to improve myself on each new piece I create; & I have a few more projects that I hope to finish by this years' end (which I'll post as one).

As you said, it's my passion... but I do find myself worried that I won't be able to make a career out of it. At the very least I'm grateful to be able to share my art with people such as yourself. =]

Dear Raelsatu,

I am old. Young men ask me what they should do with their lives, I tell them to live their passion, the rest just doesn't matter. Be you. Stephen King is one of the most famous writers in history, he lived in very poor conditions so that he could write. Most artists are never respected in their lifetime, who cares, express yourself, be you and make that what your life matters about, being you.

Let your life support your art, take garbage jobs so that you can express yourself and then you win, you win the right to be you. How can we know the truth, if we do not live it? Our truth? Be you and live the life you have to support being you, only you know who you are. Peace.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I would second AQuestions suggestion to you. I'm an old school artist myself and rarely do I get excited over works created in the digital medium. However, there are times when the work surpasses the medium and rises above it.
Congratulations! You have quite the imagination and talent. If creating works like these is your passion just do it and the rest will follow.
Critique: You have a great sense for forms and textures, create interesting landscapes, have a real eye for dramatic lighting and use of colors. Most of your compositions are a little static in that you portray single subjects that are more of less centered. My only suggestion would be to explore different compositional techniques to create dynamic tensions within your pictures. I don't mean that as a slight on your work in any way. I love what you do and am jealous of your talent.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

damn, that is very impressive, can you tell us what inspired you to create this character? a back-story as well, maybe, on this sage of falvos?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Corporate Providence

Hello Providence. =]

I originally started this character as modeling practice based off a mecha concept, but at a certain point I found myself invested in the creation process. From there I began modifying the character and scene based on wanting the final art to have a more fantasy, nature-related feel, as well as some steam-punk detailing.

I can't say I planned this one out per se; it was almost entirely done on my artistic whims. I just found the process and evolution of the portrayed scene enthralling me along the way. As for the back-story, I do have a small one; but I might hold off on posting it just for a bit.

new topics

top topics

join