It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Romney Debate #1: What Happened?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Rumor has it that Obama did THIS again after the debate.....

"Obama Kicks Door Open"

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

There was so little substance to what Obama said tonight that there would be nothing to fact check! OMG he is such a genius!!! Of course that was his strategy all along. Let Romney do all the talking and come off all smart and prepared, and then let the fact-checkers (aka ministry of truth) stick it to him. Damn we should have seen this brilliant strategy coming. /end sarcasm/

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by campanionator

Even though, he was "served", you still support him?

I am so glad I am not easily swayed...........

Good luck, as a supporter though. I really mean that.

In the sport of debate, he was served ~

I don't abandon my peeps if they get a bloody nose

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by MsAphrodite

So whats the spin with Obama supporters? Can they really say their candidate, did well?

Ive seen 4 years of kool-aid grins, I am sure one debate, hasn't changed the elixir, he cranks out.

Coming to your neighborhood tomorrow.....

Des

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Chris Matthews and commie Van Jones have checked in too !!

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — President Obama’s former environmental jobs czar believes his former boss lost the debate.

Van Jones, President Obama’s former special adviser for green jobs, said on CNN that the president was not ready for Wednesday night’s debate against Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

“I think he took Romney too lightly. I think he did not expect Romney to throw that kind of heat,” Jones explained....

Van Jones: ‘Romney Was Able To ‘Out-Obama’ Obama’

"Tonight wasn't an MSNBC debate tonight, was it?" Chris Matthews said after the first Obama-Romney presidential debate concluded on Wednesday night.

"I don't know what he was doing out there. He had his head down, he was enduring the debate rather than fighting it. Romney, on the other hand, came in with a campaign. He had a plan, he was going to dominate the time, he was going to be aggressive, he was going to push the moderator around, which he did effectively, he was going to relish the evening, enjoying it," Matthews said.

"Here's my question for Obama: I know he likes saying he doesn't watch cable television but maybe he should start. Maybe he should start. I don't know how he let Romney get away with the crap he throughout tonight about Social Security," Matthews complained.....

Chris Matthews Freaks Out At Obama: "What Was He Doing?"
Watch the video in the article !!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

I know the ministry of truth is working hard tonight rewriting all history of today so by morning the headlines will read how wonderful Obama did in the debate and how Romney made a fool of himself.

I can't wait.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Just had a thought. Obama has been resting up for days in a resort. He's been practicing debates, probably for weeks, he's been briefed on everything under the sun, and Romney didn't throw any surprises.

How will Obama do, negotiating with Putin, Ahmadinejad, or any other world leader?

Actually, he's not doing to well in the Foreign Policy area any way.

According to this thread, he misses too many Security Briefings, where as Pres. Bush hardly missed any.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And he continuously disrespects P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu...

His approval rating for his handling of foreign affairs keeps dropping.....

www.businessinsider.com...

I just don't find him a strong leader when it comes to Foreign policies and makes our country look weak IMO...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Nothing like listening to a broken record for 45 min. As usual Romney gave no specifics on anything he would do. And when confronted with his tax plan what does he do the usual Romney flip flop. The funniest part was his the banks are too big to fail part of Dodd–Frank. Take a wild guess who his biggest contributors are.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

And he continuously disrespects P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu...

So what? Benny isn't a American and if anyone deserves to be disrespected it's that scumbag.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I mean i know politicians are a liars but damn, Romney now cares about what happens to the 47%?

lol He knows how to sugar coat things.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

It was the 'burden' part I got hissy about.
I don't see the super rich as being under a 'burden' at all.
peace

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What happened to all of that charisma that Obama had 4 years ago? Looks like he left with his tail between his legs. Poor big bird, hunting season is going to open up next year

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

After watching Romney last night cream the POTUS, I bet he got the same tingly feeling up his leg again

Ofcourse many of the posters (Coolaid Coolios) didn't like the outcome and probably decided to switch the party after listening to the Debate last night.

edit on 4-10-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

So I'm asking my ATS compadres, what happened?

It was a complete beat down. Romney won hands down. In fact, I found some rare footage of their face off prior to the debate…..Romney won that, too.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Obama does not know how to create jobs. No If's, and's or BUTT's about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

It was the 'burden' part I got hissy about.
I don't see the super rich as being under a 'burden' at all.
peace

So, Obama has quelled your burden???

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Obama actually told people on two occasions that they might want to vote for Romney. Terrible debate mis-step. You never tell people "if you beleive what he's saying you might want to vote for the other guy" - because they will take you up on it!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Take a guess who is largely responsible for the Mortgage Crisis which triggered the economic crisis of 2008 and the recession - Chris Dodd and Barney Frank.

Their stragey is instead of owning up to a mess (or being prosecuted for it) make sure your on the committee to cover...err.. I mean clean it up.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Eleven different news outlets have used the word "professorial" to describe Obama's performance in last nights debate.

www.politico.com...

If you observe Obama's performance last night as well as some of his speeches (most recently the UN speech) he speaks to people as if he is some sort of deity or prophet. It's like he thinks he is the smartest person in the room and is being very patient with all of us until we come around to his thought process.

That is where I thought Romeny drew sharp differences between them. Romney comes across like he has broad ideas but will bring Dems and Reps together to fill in the details together in a bipartisan fashion. He doesn't come across like is is the all knowing all seeing authority on what should be done to fix things. Obama's actions say that's exactly what Obama thinks.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I missed it too - in fact I'm just a few minutes into the link posted here...

And yeah - Romney is the striking horse from the gate but wait - what's that he just said?

'I 'cannot' reduce the 'burden' paid by 'high income' American's.'

Loser.

peace

hope you like working for a wealthy corporation that has to move to a tax free state so they can fire you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join