It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VHS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I just finished watching this movie.

Its premise is a group of petty thieves are hired to go into a guy's house and steal a tape. They don't know why, but they soon find it.

In short it's an anthology of found footage style stories. All the stories are caught on tape.

WARNING SPOILERS

Amateur Night

A group of guys go into a club. The take a couple of girls to a motel to have their way with them. One of them turns out to be a demon girl and she ends up killing them.

Second Honeymoon

A guy and his girlfriend are on vacation and stay in a hotel. It turns out the girl is a lesbian and her lesbian lover kills the guy.

Tuesday the 17th

A group of people are going to a secluded lake in the woods. They get killed by supernatural people who live in the woods. The killers look like a silhouette of a man covered by technical glitches.

The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger

A girl talks to her boyfriend over video chat. They record the haunting of her apartment. She is assaulted by unknown people.

10/31/98

A group of friends are going to a Halloween party. They enter a house that is seemingly deserted. Instead, they find the attic in which an exorcism is going on. The girl who is being exorcise begs them to free her. They free her. It turns out she was a real demon and she ends up killing them.

And in between the stories the petty crooks end up disappearing, one by one.

END SPOILERS

I haven't given away everything.

What I don't like about the movie is that it is in the style of found footage. They are really shaky and glitch out at multiple times. But sometimes you can see what's going on, but it is still hard to see.

There are plenty of ghost images. They are the kind of images that if you blink you will miss it and the only way to properly see them is to pause when they're being shown.

But what I do like about it is there are plenty of good looking women. There is full nudity of some them and some frontal nudity. There is also some guy nudity for the gals.

Overall, the stories were moderately interesting, but nothing truly unique.

I give it a B. I would've given it a C because I generally don't like found footage movies because of the shaky cam and glitch outs, but in this movie there were some good looking actresses in it. And sometimes you could see some of the stuff that was going on. It's not a bad movie, but it's not a great one either.

But one thing it did follow was the classic horror movies are a vehicle for scaring people off of immoral sex. Such as the story where the girl the guys take to the motel turns into a demon and kills them for trying to have sex with them.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Sounds interesting.

"But I do like the nudity" LOL that was cute.

I hate the found footage style of movies for the most part, gives me a headache and it's hard to keep my attention with that sort for some reason.

new topics

join