It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So horrifically bored..... (total i pity myself post, forewarning xD)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm NOT a people person unless someone drags me out to do stuff. Been like that since maybe 06. I really have no hobbies outside the internet and gaming. Yet waking up every day and doing all that then sleeping only to do it again over and over and over is becoming old, but there is nothing else to do. Nothing. Everyone I know is over 56 years of age and sitting around discussing aches and pains and medicine and drs appointments just ... it's worse boring. I'm 39 but see myself more as 22. meh. what can you do.

I can't really make a lot of pals cuz I have nothing to offer. What do I do? I play games, I roleplay if a good chara from a book, movie or game appeals to me. I game. I......... that's about it.
without a car, I can't go do stuff.

Oh wait, 06 is when I got into the net. hm. anyway. whatever. I can't find anything that's fun. I hear the neighbors outside laughing and stuff but I don't wanna join em cuz I have nothing to talk about, or impress them with. nothing. Stuff like this hits me every few months so thank goodness it will pass soon. I just can't make friends. I have a real cool personality that does bring people to me but within a few months to a year, they just make their own way and I'm left wondering why I'm so horrible. I just don't know myself. I really don't. That is the most frightening. I don't know who I am. Aside from name, etc, the obvious stuff. But aside from 'what are you into'? I could give a huge list: astronomy and sky watching. horse back riding. paranormal investigations. etc etc.

the first, I can't do much cuz no telescope. the second, too scared to ride after a bad accident eons ago. the third, no one down here does that and they look at you like a freak if you bring it up. Maybe once I start work I can talk about my job. That will get old fast too.

Since moving 5 hrs from friends and family, seems there is nothing to do really. Can't move back. far too expensive. I dunno. I just dislike me right now. 'get out and do stuff.' yeah right. what? when you really have no one to do things with cuz everyone is into things you're not, it's hard. you got nothing to talk about and just sit there doing that occasional 'heh' laugh when they say something. people ask you stuff and you reply and they in turn go 'heh' and resume talking to their pals of 20359820938 years.

meh. I'm just glad this feeling will pass. I wish I was a social butterfly. I'm just not. I know I'll get torn apart for this post but it's nothing I don't already dislike myself over anyway.
"why can't you....'
'how about...'
'it's your fault that...'

I know. I KNOW. sigh. I just needed to vent it out. Wish i was a kid again but then again, i had no friends then either. there is just something about me people like at first and then go away cuz im just not as cool as they thought.
wish i knew what it was they like about me initially. I'd try to wear that all the time, constantly.

a friend used to call me daily and we'd talk for hours. I mean hours. That abruptly stopped the other day. 'I'm too boring'. well that hurts. I'm sorry I'm not good enough but that's the crap that happens every single time. I swear I'm more cool online but even that is starting to fade.
It hurts. when you get tons of folk talking to you non stop and then they just go away, it sucks whatever. I'm even surprised im posting here. I'll do as we advise others - don't listen to the hateful people. Take any good advice and run with it.

go me.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Funny thing, synchronicity. Imagine that.. You're not alone!

As for today? Transient. Evaporating. "Right now" becomes "just then" instantly. Now is an illusion - and illusions cannot defeat us.

In other words.... And this, too, shall pass.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Damn, and I thought I was bored...When old activities satisfy you no more, find new ones and don't even start by telling me there isn't any...You create every second of your reality, now tell me why do you create a boring one?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Play the sims 3!

Yes, I said it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Oh Sweetie...you want to know bored...turn on the presidential debates...it will put it all into perspective for you...

Des

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If you really have nothing to do, and nothing to lose, how about you take the following steps;

1. Apply for your passport
2. Buy a ticket to somewhere exotic and cheap (South East Asia - Thailand in particular)
3. Stay somewhere cheap and explore a real life role playing world

The world is your oyster. It's full of mystery, challenges, excitement and opportunity.

I guarantee that if you take the step towards exploring life, a multitude of doors will open for you.

At the very worst, you will explore for 6 months and have some great experiences.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Play the sims 3! Yes, I said it.

Can be entertaining for a while but she needs to live her OWN life at the moment and find new hobbies, REAL ones not virtual. Way back when I started playing Sims 3, the sudden thought of why am I controlling and living as a virtual character instead of living my actual life came into mind? Video games I tell ya...they suck you in.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Play the sims 3! Yes, I said it.

Can be entertaining for a while but she needs to live her OWN life at the moment and find new hobbies, REAL ones not virtual. Way back when I started playing Sims 3, the sudden thought of why am I controlling and living as a virtual character instead of living my actual life came into mind? Video games I tell ya...they suck you in.
Nah, just mind-numbing zombie-making ones like Sims and WoW (not all MMOs, mostly just WoW). Coincidentally, TV is like this but a lot worse. Also, someone is living their own life when they're doing... ANYTHING that they want to do, especially if they enjoy it.

So, bored? Start playing better games, find more hobbies, meditate, consider doing something creative ... If you like to role-play, then maybe it's time you thought about writing yourself some stories.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
There's something about your post which makes me think that you may have Asperger's or have Aspie-like traits.

Have you been tested for this? If not, consider taking this test: www.rdos.net...

The fact that you can initially draw people to you, but then they drift away and you don't know why....and the one person who said you were "boring", lead me to believe you may have this to a certain extent.

If not, then I apologize.....but it's not an insult, I have it too (as do many here on ATS, whether they know it or not).

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
There's something about your post which makes me think that you may have Asperger's or have Aspie-like traits.

Have you been tested for this? If not, consider taking this test: www.rdos.net...

The fact that you can initially draw people to you, but then they drift away and you don't know why....and the one person who said you were "boring", lead me to believe you may have this to a certain extent.

If not, then I apologize.....but it's not an insult, I have it too (as do many here on ATS, whether they know it or not).

Almost started the test, until I saw there are 192 questions! I may have ADD as I couldn't bear the thought of ticking those boxes 192 times ...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Your Aspie score: 140 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 73 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

FTR: The result is almost verbatim to what my psychiatrist said.

Interesting test and it lets you see graphs and gives you a dowloadable pdf result. Good stuff!

Thanks for sharing that!

~Heff
edit on 10/3/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm the complete opposite of bored. I'm overwhelmed with the world. I want to see and understand everything. When I'm driving in a city or something I see everything and I wonder about it. Even a random building I think about all the hours that were put into building it. Every time I see people I want to be them for a minute and just experience there lives to compare them to mine.

I'm not gong to say I never experience Bordem but in my boredom I'm always overwhelmed with thought about existence. I often just sit and think there is too much to my existence. I could of been born a cow or a deer or something and living only instinctual, but no I'm a human
edit on 3-10-2012 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

ATS is a beacon for Aspies, I think. Glad you liked the test. I got 184, definite aspie. Because of that test, I went and got a formal diagnosis from a professional. As a female Aspie, I'm more rare (only 25% of Aspies are female), so we fall under the radar easier than the boys do.

But I stopped beating myself up for being a bit antisocial, and not knowing when I was boring somebody by talking non-stop about an interest that only I find fascinating.

I have learned to ask questions about other people, and let them talk. It works out much better that way.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
That was a fun test! My results were the following:

Final version 2
Thank you for filling out this questionnaire.

Your Aspie score: 41 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 172 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical.

^_^

When I'm at work, I'm very much for the customers. I treat them like long lost best friends. It's when I'm on my own time that I become a reclusive shut in for lack of a better term. :/ I want to change but unsure how to when all I have to offer is boring stuff that no one but me cares about.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You remind me a lot of myself. I have no friends at all. I "escape" with PC games and movies, except both have been sliding down the tubes the last few years. Hollywood keeps remaking old movies with new actors, and the PC gaming industry seems to only know how to put out first-person shooter games and WoW clones. I gave up on the music industry a long time ago. The only band that seems genuine to me these days is Radiohead. I used to play guitar and piano, but lately I have been too depressed and uninspired to try writing anything. It is a very sad state of affairs, when there is no joy or comfort to be found, anywhere. And the world at large is going to hell. Slowly, but surely. I think about suicide every day. I say that a lot here, actually. So while you think you're boring (I don't think so), at least you're not cynical and suicidal on a daily basis, right? It seems to me that at least 80% of the population is selfish, apathetic, hateful, etc. That's why I don't connect with anyone. Maybe it's the same with you.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Jeez, I wish I had some advice, but if you hear of any, let me know will ya? At work I think, I can't wait for 3:30 so I can leave. And then I remind myself, "What the hell for?"

I go home, check the news that usually has nothing that interests me, then come here to ATS. I have to admit I'm getting pretty talked out here. I search for documentaries, and I enjoy them, but there's no one in my life that wants to talk about anything except sports and weather! yyyyYYAWNNN! If I even mention evolution or the big bang, I can actually SEE their eyes gloss over. It's like I'm trying to rub their noses in an encyclopedia or something.

I like to gamble and I used to win a little here and there, but the Massachusetts Lottery ain't been puttin' out for the last few years.

You say that you will come out of your funk soon. For me, the holiday season is coming, and it's nothing but dread upon dread. I get to go through another whole season of the happy people saying Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year! Yeah, Merry effin Xmas to you too, I wanna say.

I know, whine, whine, whine. Eh, guess I'll go play 20 games of keno. And LOSE!

top topics

join