It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Saville abuse claims...the other side to a British icon.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

The more I'm reading about this online.... the more it sickens me.

I used to watch his 'Jim'll fix it' show and now I can see by looking at his photos and wry smiles exactly what he was upto.... I couldn't see this when I was a kid!!

And this little Peodo ring seems to be getting together now.... remember TOTP's? Jonathon King among others hosted that show.... Gary Glitter was among the Peodo's appearing on it....

I'd say a lot of the BBC Personel are going to be held responsible...

I also think that we should not be paying anymore License Fees to watch TV.... we have helped in some way to pay for this to happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I have to say it is looking worse and worse. I still do not like this trial by media though, it should all be through the proper channels rather than being discussed 24/7 on every station. Apart from anything, that kind of attention just attracts the crazies - and that detracts from any genuine cases to be investigated.

Regarding the licence fee though, why should it be withheld? From what is appearing, it appears to "finger" BBC employees from years ago rather than any working there today. There are lots of arguments for not paying the licence fee but this certainly isn't one of them.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Well.... if it wasn't for us paying the TV License perhaps this kind of thing would never have happened as BBC wouldn't be able to fund itself for TV shows/programmes etc etc....

They would have had to go into Commercials which they should do anyway....

The TV License is just another Tax on those who already shell out enough of their hard earned cash!!

We helped these Programmes and Shows aired on BBC, we also helped towards paying for these Hosts to host such shows which means we in-directly helped with the Abuse!!

edit on 16-10-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
In all fairness, I am thinking about doing a paper on the whole Savile affair for a Communications class. Is there a way where I can be provided with good links?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
In all fairness, I am thinking about doing a paper on the whole Savile affair for a Communications class. Is there a way where I can be provided with good links?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Well decent papers discussing this would be as follows (I've linked to 3 stories too)

The Guardian

www.guardian.co.uk...

The Independent

www.independent.co.uk...

The Telegraph

www.telegraph.co.uk...

You can use the search feature on all 3 websites

There are some really, really disturbing facts too... like being given the keys to hospitals and essentially being allowed free reign and was untouchable.

Police and high up officials in BBC and other institutes (NHS etc) basically ignoring and turning a blind eye to his actions and basically telling victims to be quiet and stop moaning.

Plus a special investigation by a programme here called Newsnight, being pulled by some "higher ups"

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 17/10/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Been reading those myself today (well, the Telegraph and the Independent). It is all appearing murkier and deeper into the echelons of power in this country than was evident at first glance.

Still nothing definitive though. Look at John Simpson and his news today. I am sorry, but he was an investigative journalist. If he had info on a paedo at the BBC then he should have made it official and not "discussed" it with a senior journalist and then allow it to be brushed under the carpet. The hypocrisy some of these people are coming out with now is simply breathtaking.

However, still all only allegations at this stage - that has to be remembered as it seems to have been forgotten by the media!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I know, so many people, and prominent people at that, knew about this or "heard rumours" that it almost seems like there is nobody in the world of showbiz who didn't know about this.

It takes the piss man.

Really does.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Thanks blupblup, these will help out great!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just watching the Panorama programme on BBC 1 now.... Just appalling.

Pisses me off that they've left this until now.... why not do all this when he's alive?

Grrrrr

Just makes your skin crawl...

edit on 22/10/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Im posting ridiculously late because ive been on an evening shift so i dont expect many brit reply
Well, that panorama programme was an eye opener. It seems the BBC has failed on so many levels, outright lies, and the implication that the original newsnight investigation was shelved due to it being shown at the same time as the Saville tributes. I have a gut feeling that this might have been why it was pulled. but didnt these idiots at the BBC realise it would catch up with them?
I was interested by the explanation about the editiorial independance that department heads have, is that the reason this programme has been shown. I mean, its like Mcdonalds making a commercial saying "our foods really bad or you".

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Is Panaroma usually on at 10.30,? i thought it was on about 9, its a bit late isnt it? or have i been on this site too long?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I think they were scarred he was going to take some of them down with him. A paedo ring at the bbc. Corrupt police, people at the nhs, minor royalty and politicians. He seemed to have them all tied up in this.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Quelle suprise - Freddie Starr is also a nonce.

Where will it stop - I reckon there's a few more of these evil bastards out there - tip of the iceberg springs to mind.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Indeed it does mate.

Haut de la Garenne is a big part of it.

A fair few politicians involved.

This is not just "Jimmy and his pervy celeb pals"

This goes right to the top

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

And it connects with many other things.

But as usual.... people will forget, not believe and move on.

*sigh*

edit on 1/11/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Indeed - at least one and possibly two past PM's are rumoured to have links - and let's face it, it's no earth shattering revelation that pedophilia is common place within the ranks of the judiciary and high ranking civil servants both of which are bastions of 'the establishment'.

No doubt they will close ranks and allow these 'celebrities' to become the fall guys.
Don't get me wrong, they deserve everything and more that is coming to them but any inquiry will only scrath the suface of the true extent of these vile practices.

The Hollie Greig case is but one example of the extent these people will go to protect those involved.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Exactly mate... It's not news and ultimately they will be allowed to carry on doing it.

How ****ing sad is that?

And yes... Hollie Grieg, exactly.

There's all sorts of weird links to all of this.

From Sutcliffe to royalty... from current gov. ministers like KC to Former Radio DJ's

This is a web that covers the entire nation.

And it seems... there's **** all we can do.

:shk:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I know mate.

It just shows how rotten to the core the whole set up is.

The incestuous and amoral relationship between the upper echelons - politicians / bankers / industrialists / senior police and civil servants etc seem to give them a carte blanche to do whatever they want with impugnity.
It seems that a certain amount of celebrity and noteriety allows some entry into this hallowed clique - yet they are there to take the fall on the few occassions their nefarious deeds come to light.

And at the same time these corrupt and evil scumbags moralise to the masses about their loss of values and ethics.

If ever there was a time to turn this country upside down it's now - but unfortunately they've succeeded in lobotomising the great British public.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I know mate.

It just shows how rotten to the core the whole set up is.

The incestuous and amoral relationship between the upper echelons - politicians / bankers / industrialists / senior police and civil servants etc seem to give them a carte blanche to do whatever they want with impugnity.
It seems that a certain amount of celebrity and noteriety allows some entry into this hallowed clique - yet they are there to take the fall on the few occassions their nefarious deeds come to light.

And at the same time these corrupt and evil scumbags moralise to the masses about their loss of values and ethics.

If ever there was a time to turn this country upside down it's now - but unfortunately they've succeeded in lobotomising the great British public.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join