It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Saville abuse claims...the other side to a British icon.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

It isn't looking good for him is it? However, i am still referring judgement until the investigation has been wrapped up. If he is proved innocent, there is an awful lot of humble pie to be eaten........

My great aunt (well into her 70's now and long term San Francisco resident) went on several dates with him in the 1950's in Leeds. He owned a ballroom in the city centre at the time (rather than nightclub as has been reported). It was a couple of dates, nothing more, but i cannot help feeling the family may have dodged a bullet! I asked her about it years ago (when Jim'll Fixit was still on tv) and she said she couldn't remember much other than he was pretty weird! And yes, she was legal at the time!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Extreme T&C violation? Eh? I only posted a Deek Jackson video.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Just giving this thread a bump. I did see that this issue has made it to Drudge, which is nice to see.
I hope they catch and prosecute his accomplices -- each and every one of them. I don't care how high up they are, they need to get what's coming to them.

Again, I'd like to state my disappointment in seeing that this thread isn't getting more attention.
These crimes need the most attention, yet they're the most ignored. Even on conspiracy sites like ATS where the darkness and truth are supposed to be revealed. Truly makes me wonder and shake my head in disgust.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Again, I'd like to state my disappointment in seeing that this thread isn't getting more attention.
These crimes need the most attention, yet they're the most ignored. Even on conspiracy sites like ATS where the darkness and truth are supposed to be revealed. Truly makes me wonder and shake my head in disgust.

I don't think this thread is getting ignored - I suspect many people are following it closely - but the majority will not be able to add to the thread other than expressing disgust etc, and there's only so many ways you can say that.

Of course we all hope that all the culprits are caught and punished accordingly if still alive.

Like many I suspect that this may have roots leading back right into the very heart of this country's establishment - only time and a full and open inquiry will tell.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I was on my phone yesterday, it seems David Cameron is getting in on this too:

Prime Minister David Cameron today called for allegations of sexual abuse against former DJ Sir Jimmy Savile to be fully investigated. Mr Cameron said that the claims from a number of women which have emerged over recent weeks that they were abused by Savile as teenagers were "truly shocking". And he said that the allegations should be looked into by the BBC - which employed Savile at the time - and, if necessary, by the police.

David Cameron responds to Jimmy Savile abuse allegations

Not sure if the Mirror can be trusted, but if anyone can pass me up to a better site.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's true that we can only express disgust in so many ways, but this does need to be as high profile as possible. I'm encouraged by how fast the investigation into his behaviour seems to be moving, and the damning statements that have been made by Scotland Yard amongst others, that if he were still alive he would have been arrested and charged by now, and that they already consider him a sexual predator. I hope so hard that everyone affected finds the strength to speak out and make sure the whole mess is blown wide open.

We need to know who else is involved, who did what and how often, and they need to be prosecuted for it. It will be very interesting how far the investigation goes and I will be disgusted too if they make an example of a dead man, and leave the others alone. There are others, many others, and I just pray that people lose their fear of talking against them.

Men like Savile are in every walk of life, and cannot be dismissed as an anomaly. We've probably all met one of these and maybe just don't know it. I know I have. I came very close to horrible, manipulative abuse, and can see now with hindsight that I was being groomed. Thank god it didn't ever touch me, but the man responsible was a real pillar of society, and thankfully was caught, prosecuted and jailed, because one of his victims found the voice to say what he did.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I hear what you're saying and I'm sure that there are many people who come to ATS just to read and have never registered, but 9 flags and 4 pages? C'mon. I've seen less impressive and a lot less important threads with three times the amount of flags and participants.

I look at this topic the same way as domestic violence. Look how long it was hushed up that men were beating their wives before people actually started to talk about it. I just don't think people are ready to look under the tarp yet and begin discussing this even though it's the 21st century. These sickos depend on the fact that people still don't want to discuss this because it is so difficult to talk about. It's not about voicing disgust. It's about keeping this thread and others like it where people can see it so it can't be ignored.

I'd be impressed if ATS started a forum specifically for crimes against children. These threads need to be piled in with the rest so they don't get lost and can be accessed more easily so these perps can be all lumped together where they belong.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
I was on my phone yesterday, it seems David Cameron is getting in on this too:

Prime Minister David Cameron today called for allegations of sexual abuse against former DJ Sir Jimmy Savile to be fully investigated. Mr Cameron said that the claims from a number of women which have emerged over recent weeks that they were abused by Savile as teenagers were "truly shocking". And he said that the allegations should be looked into by the BBC - which employed Savile at the time - and, if necessary, by the police.

David Cameron responds to Jimmy Savile abuse allegations

Not sure if the Mirror can be trusted, but if anyone can pass me up to a better site.

David Cameron is getting ON anything that is not directed toward himself, which isn't much since he started his new self-loving egogasmic Twitter account this week. Who the hell voted for this chump??

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

I certainly didn't because I'm American.

Though as much as a pompous twit he is, I wish we had a leader who would call in an investigation if something like this were to happen.

Oh wait, it does, but we don't want to call anyone out on it.

CX

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Seems like a 12 year old was abused by Savile at a care home in Leeds, a member of staff intervened and he was banned from the care home....

A woman has claimed Sir Jimmy Savile abused a young girl during a visit to a children's home in West Yorkshire.

The woman, who does not wish to be named, told BBC Radio Leeds the incident happened at a council-run home she stayed at in Leeds in the 1970s.

She said the 12-year-old victim told her Savile indecently touched her after they went upstairs together.

Jimmy Saville abused 12 year old girl in Leeds care home

The woman said the woman in charge of the care home "was uncomfortable" about Savile but a new member of staff allowed him to visit.
Radio Leeds' Liz Green speaks to the woman The woman told Radio Leeds' Liz Green that Savile was banned from the home after the incident

She said he sat in the dining room with the children before taking the 12-year-old upstairs to the bedrooms.

She said when the woman in charge realised what had happened she "ran upstairs and found him".

"You could hear it, there were raised voices from the staff room and then she just ran upstairs," the woman said.

She said Savile was told to leave and banned from further visits.

And the list keeps growing.....

For anyone who hasn't read the article, social services were called, but they said it would be unfair to put a girl through a police investigation that would probably end in nothing but ruin a mans career.

Disgusting. Hopefully this lady will have a few more details about the care home name and the staff involved. Tis is not just a case of one girls word.

And as always....the childrens board have no evidence of any complaints against Saville.

Funny that.

CX.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Good spot CX. That is definitely looking more like evidence than anything else we have been presented with yet. That said, i still wish we wouldn't be presented with anything until after the investigation.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Another woman goes public with her story. This time going back to 1971, this Spinal injuries patient was 13. First story on the news.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think this thread has not been given as much support as perhaps it should is because there are a number of other threads on the Savile issue.

If the allegations are all true (and there are so many now that it seems Savile spent his whole adult life abusing both his position and young teenagers) then it is utterly, truly shocking.

I remember him from Top of the Pops and Jim'll Fix It when I was a kid myself. Always felt he was an eccentric, oddball and slightly creepy.

I found this articel written 4 years ago about him

Jim the fixer: Is Jimmy Savile just a fantasist ... or is the truth even stranger than fiction?

Savile seems to have been a man who was able to work his way into the lives of some of the most powerful people in Britain and beyond.

One comment makes me almost sick reading it now,

And, while in interviews he is always at pains to stress that he has had many one-night stands, no one seems to have ever found a woman willing to admit to sleeping with him.

CX

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just one of the many things i am struggling with as far as this case is concerned, is why a telly presenter and dj would be given the keys to much of Broadmoor hospital,

In August 1988, shortly before the publication of a highly critical report into its operating procedures, the entire management board of Broadmoor secure psychiatric hospital was suspended by the Department of Health, which at the time had joint responsibility for its direct management.

The running of Broadmoor, the highest-profile facility of its kind in the country and the home to many of Britain's most notorious criminals, was placed in the temporary control of a "taskforce", according to reports at the time, to be headed up by a somewhat unexpected figure.

It was Jimmy Savile, the then 61-year-old TV presenter, charity fundraiser and national eccentric.

Jimmy Savile's Broadmoor role came with a bedroom and keys

For our international members who have not heard of Broadmoor hospital (it isn't a prison), it is a high security psychiatric hospital where some of Britain's most dangerous people have been sent in the past....including Moors murderer Ian Brady and Peter Sutcliffe , the Yorkshire Ripper....

Broadmoor

So these patients weren't just your average run of the mill people getting help for a mental illness. Far from it...so why on earth would Jimmy Saville be given the run of the place?

He had become part of the furniture, being given, no one seems to know quite when, an office in the grounds of the hospital, a bedroom, which he called his "cell", above it, and – astonishingly – his own personal set of keys to the hospital wards.

But it now seems clear the apparently genial celebrity, while telling reporters he was the "voluntary assistant entertainments officer", had been using his position to abuse inmates with impunity.

Just one of the many weird things this case is bringing up.

CX.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

It's all totally fricking weird. You really couldn't make some o this stuff up. It's just really annoying he got away with it and can never be brought to justice.

This shoul be on the main page, bu this site is increasingly American centric. And Americans are not really interested about anything out side their borders. Fair enough I guess.
edit on 14-10-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What a wanker, this has all been mind-blowing anyway.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You were saying?

I'm trying my best to keep up with the story as much as you Brits are...It's stories like this that makes me bothered that none of this is being reported Stateside.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Well if the culture in America was anything like the uk in the 60's and 70's I imagine there have been many cases of of abuse at the hands of celebrities. The Hollywood casting couches were probably a perfect environment for such cases.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Someone had mentioned something like that in a different thread.

Going into the entertainment biz, I know there are some things people in my position are forced to do in order to advance through the ranks and achieve fame.

But unless people start coming out against these monsters, it will keep happening and for what?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

edit on 15-10-2012 by TheToastmanCometh because: double post-don't know why this keeps happening

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join