It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defrocked Philly Priest now with Philly Airport TSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Looks like the TSA doesn't do such a good job of screening the screeners.

A defrocked Philly priest now holds the position of Transportation Security Manager (with the TSA) at the Philly airport. He was busted from Priest to Lay Person because of sexually abusing young girls in his church. He doesn't have physical contact with passengers. But still ... it's a little too close to the pat down line as far as I'm concerned.

ABC News Philadelphia

A Catholic priest who was defrocked for allegedly sexually abusing young girls was hired by the Transportation Security Administration before his background check was complete and has worked at Philadelphia International Airport for the last 10 years.

Thomas Harkins joined the TSA in 2002 after resigning from the priesthood the same year. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, the TSA hired the former priest before completing a background check. The Diocese of Camden revealed to the TSA in 2003 as part of the background check that Harkins had been removed from his ministry in the diocese because of allegations he had molested two girls in grade school.

Pedophiles will find their way to good hunting grounds ... be it entering the Catholic clergy, or entering the Protestant clergy, or becoming a Muslim Imam, or becoming school teachers, or getting jobs with the TSA etc etc. This story makes me glad that I don't have to use airports nowadays ... and it makes me nervous for those who do have to use them. God only knows who is feeling you up ... or feeling up your kids .. as you get ready to board your flight.

This story rates a double barf from me ....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think this has been posted before..

Look at the bright side..the church actually defrocked him...that is one step in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The church actually defrocked him, rather than glossing over it as they often do. So he must be very obviously guilty. Why is he not actually in jail?Anyone else abusing young girls would be.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
Why is he not actually in jail?

Because the family settled in a 'civil lawsuit'. Which means .. instead of putting him in jail where he couldn't hurt anyone else, the family let him go without jail time for a set amount of money.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't know why but this doesn't surprise me. He was probably one of the few who could pass the drug test and fail the IQ exam. What a lack of responsibility the TSA has or are that desperate that no one really wants to work for them?

I would like to see this guy put on the ice with a few retired Flyers so they could check him on the boards or better yet a high stick!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
Why is he not actually in jail?

Because the family settled in a 'civil lawsuit'. Which means .. instead of putting him in jail where he couldn't hurt anyone else, the family let him go without jail time for a set amount of money.

I don't think civil court would prevent the DA from taking him to court. This is a failure of the state failing to put a predator away.

top topics

join