It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you want to survive when SHTF, make sure you live near amish communities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If you want to survive when SHTF, make sure you live near amish communities...

The Amish are all self sufficient, grown their own food, meat, non-gmo's, already of the grid, and have various resources.

I'm in the process of looking for some acreage to buy, and I'm making sure it's near the Amish, but also close to forest preserves for hunting.

Just some food for thought

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The amish are not going to let a bunch of
outsiders into their circle.

A better survival method would be to get your own
people and devise plans that would help you
alternatively in case the amish are not as nice
as you think.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

lol, Amish people aren't going to accept you. They think all the "normal" people are going to hell. Plus you have to know how to speak their German dialect language or you can't be part of their church.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Maybe the whole SHTF thing is an amish conspiracy. :-s

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

Pretty sure the OP said "near" the amish... not "in with" the amish.

but yea, I agree with you. Build your own group of people you have history with, not some strangers who don't believe in improving the human condition past the 1800's. amish... nooooo thanks
edit on 3-10-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The Amish will be as vulnerable if not more so post Agenda 21. Look, they are already being targeted. They will have to learn to distrust a bit more before they can be strong as a community.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Maybe you can learn from them or befriend them on some level prior to the crash but if you think theyre going to help hundreds of random people, I think youre mistaken.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia

as you think.

Have you ever pulled up to an amish buggy on a street that was blareing rap music? 2 kids tip their hat at me. I had my window down. On my radio I had glen beck ranting about something. 2 weeks later I bought a gun. I'll leave you with your imagination. Forgot to add that I purchased a sh*t ton of ammo, rifle, shotgun....

I still need to buy a stick with a rock on it
edit on 10/3/2012 by madmangunradio because: ^ A string and tree branch

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I think he means from a survivalist standpoint.

They are not dependent on our stupid government for their food, or power or survivability. They are not as affected by the attack on our currency etc.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Meh, I rather die then live in such a community...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Why would the Amish help you?

Better plan: Learn what the Amish know.

"Give a man a fish and he eats for one day.

Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime."

I am currently learning to forage for edible mushrooms/fungus. I found a chicken of the woods the other day. One mushroom patch could feed myself for a week if I needed to.

edit on 3-10-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

On topic op I would think getting to a oil rig/platform or large boat at dock would be more sufficient unless there exist threat in water.
edit on 10/3/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio

Originally posted by popcornmafia

as you think.

Have you ever pulled up to an amish buggy on a street that was blareing rap music? 2 kids tip their hat at me. I had my window down. On my radio I had glen beck ranting about something. 2 weeks later I bought a gun. I'll leave you with your imagination. Forgot to add that I purchased a sh*t ton of ammo, rifle, shotgun....

The ammo and guns will be more helpful then the amish,

They will laugh you all right off the ranch..

THEY WILL tell the preppers *hahaha told you so***
when the preppers have been doing the same thing,
THEY DONT CARE, you are not one of them,,

Like a blood trying to be buddies with a crypt
theyd laugh him out or kill him no matter how
well the intentions were,

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Like a blood trying to be buddies with a crypt?!. You would be surprised with the Amish.. Good people. Confuse the hell out of me, however I do enjoy target practice with them. You would be surprised how well armed they are. Besides the fact the kids hook a damn 12volt car battery to a radio and have 1 telephone booth...rap realy? mind bending stuff.

Lived in North Tulsa.. You do not answer your door unless you get a phone call first. Man I hated Peoria.....
edit on 10/3/2012 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
edit:nevermind
edit on 3-10-2012 by will615 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Certainly being in more rural areas, where water/streams, hunting potential and land you can grow food on, makes alot of sence.....I miss the city alot sometimes, have migrated to smaller farming town, mostly more about family, then survial....but I do feel safer here, I could walk up into the sierra mountains from here if need be.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

"The Plan" has been indoctrinating even the Amish over the past years to become part of the takeover of the US. How often do they deal in $$$ and trade items? I see them driving in peoples cars all the time, so 'they' do not drive but still rely on transportation just the same. You would be surprised to see how the Amish has been getting pulled in to the 21st century. When I buy from they they require cash. I see them at the Dentist every time I go, they shop at the same stores and pay $$$. They are not as recluse as they once were and that is tragic.
edit on 3-10-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

They are flushing those areas out more so every day, the huge fires are part of the plan, the surveillance is part, it is not about people being able to go fend for themselves in the wilds, they are creating the wastelands, the badlands. If you can survive the military industrial complex, then it will end up being like a madmax scenario anyway. remember they do not want any of us to survive.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The OP said live “near” the Amish not with them. This might actually be a good plan because when the SHTF I can take their stuff by force at gunpoint!

(Edit to add) This is a joke, people. Lighten up!

edit on 3-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join