It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone Age Tombs Were Low Frequency Amplifiers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I've heard about this before and thought that maybe someone may have some additional insights to share with our community.

Tombs in Orkney and standing stone circles in Aberdeenshire were constructed to amplify the music until it left worshippers in a trance-like state. And the effect of the low-frequency sound, which was mood altering, would be amplified by light. The discoveries were made by two scientific teams, working in parallel, examining Neolithic sites in Scotland, England and Ireland.

Article Link

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
this is pure guessing but since the dead are supose to whisper would they have made them low frequency so the reatives could hear the dead speak more clearly? just a theorey nothing to back it up.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
A very interesting theory. I would point to the modern analogy of using ELF/ULF frequencies that appear to have similar mood altering/neural inductive affects.

There are obviously those that dispute that ELF/ULF have any kind of affects on the human physiology, how can you explain that the CIA spent a decade and hundreds of millions of dollars on MKUltra?

Although I cannot quote a specific source, I do remember reading that extremely low frequency sound can in fact have similar mood/mind altering affects on people, and it appears that these structures have that very affect.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'm aware that subliminal tapes use a descending tone scale to subconsciously move a person into a more receptive (Alpha?) state.

I saw a program about Stonehendge that theorised that one overlooked, or forgotten, aspect of that monument was to produce a sound resonance experience.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Here is some related information

www.megalithic.co.uk...

www.neolithic.reading.ac.uk...

top topics

join