It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors Give Abortions To Women "Who Are Not Actually Pregnant"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

As Slate's Amanda Marcotte reported Tuesday, Akin gave a speech on the House floor in 2008 denouncing abortion providers as "terrorists," claiming that they sometimes perform abortions on women who "are not actually pregnant":

"It is no big surprise that we fight the terrorists because they are fundamentally un-American, and yet we have terrorists in our own culture called abortionists. One of the good pieces of news why we are winning this war is because there are not enough heartless doctors being graduated from medical schools. There is a real shortage of abortionists. Who wants to be at the very bottom of the food chain of medical profession? And what sort of places do these bottom-of-the-food-chain doctors work in? Places that are really a pit. You find that along with the culture of death go all kinds of other law-breaking: not following good sanitary procedure, giving abortions to women who are not actually pregnant, cheating on taxes, all these kinds of things, misuse of anesthetics so that people die or almost die."

Akin, a member of the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, also gave a speech in 2005 on stem cell research, expressing his concern that a science-fiction story his daughter wrote about humans being harvested for body parts could become reality.

This guy is on the House Science Committee? WHY? He has absolutely NO idea what he is even talking about. I don't even think he understands the scientific method. I think the GOP put him there on purpose, to destroy anything slightly scientific that comes in its path.

How do you perform on an abortion on a woman that isn't pregnant?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Akin is nuts I'm sure. But apparently it does happen in some manner:

In a sworn affidavit taken October 22,1992, (0016-pg 7) abortion clinic employee Sheri McDaniel the former employee of Kansas abortionist William Malcolm Knarr stated:

"The pathology reports were known sometimes to come back saying, "No products of conception.’ The women were never told about the pathology reports. The woman thought she had received an abortion procedure and she would never find out. I know of at least two individuals whom Knarr knew were not pregnant and he went ahead and did an abortion procedure, charged them for the abortion procedure, and treated it as a termination of a pregnancy."

Samuel’s wife testified that, to make more money, they told most of the unsuspecting patients at the clinic that they were pregnant, then, Comeau or Samuel would administer general anesthesia and perform a bogus abortion or simply tell patients they had done the procedure after they woke, and collect the cash. In 1985, the couple was arrested after they offered to perform abortions on two undercover agents from the Brooklyn District Attorney's office. Before they entered the operating room, both agents were told their urine had tested positive, although neither was pregnant.

Malpractice happens everyday. Whether or not an unnecessary abortion could even be called an abortion is a matter of semantics.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
When i read the thread title on the recent posts page I thought to myself; "I guess i could see some corrupt doctors ripping off patients". Then i opened the thread and like many other enlightening moments i saw the video and then thought to myself; "ohhhhhhhhhhh"

Some people will say anything, the scary part is when they actually believe what they are saying.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I see no problem here.

I often perform root canals on gold fish.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

A D&C is many times called 'abortion' at clinics and hospitals even when it isn't what you and I consider an abortion to be. It's actually the same procedure used as an early abortion.

He's probably talking about corrupt doctors who tell women they are pregnant and who do a D&C on them and tell them they had an abortion and then charge them for an abortion even though they didn't need it. There are corrupt doctors out there telling people they have this disease or that problem when in fact they dont, in order to get $$$.

That being said .. the guy is a nutter ....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Has this guy been checked for brain tumors?
Maybe he's afraid his brain will get vacuumed out... by accident.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Was looking for a place to post this story:

Today there was a phone call at my house from a D.C. number, so I answered it hoping for some political nonsense to laugh at. It was even better than I imagined.

A voice recording of Mike Huckabee (lol just used the spell check on Huckabee and the only word that came up was buckteeth), Mike Buckteeth says something like: "Our friend Todd Akin used the wrong words recently, and apologizes. We need you all to vote for him because the Republicans have a chance to take the Senate and we're (direct quote on this-) 'fighting for the soul of America."

A ridiculous call, since I live in NY and not Missouri, but I was really really tempted to call the local Republican party and tell them about the call, pretend to be sort of ignorant, and ask them what Akin said. It would have been so awesome to get them to repeat it, but I'm guessing they would have generously paraphrased

Decided in the end it wasn't worth the time, maybe tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

lol, you should have

top topics

join