It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Government Now Spies on Its Citizens More than the US Gov

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Its quite an interesting news which says that Australia is spying more on its citizen than what the US is doing . Whats shocking is that they can access telephone/internet data records without Warrant.

It has been revealed that on a per-capita basis, the Australian government spies of its citizens more than any other western government.Even more disturbing, these government agencies accessed telephone and Internet data records an astonishingly 250,000 times without even recording why and when these intercepts had taken place.A representative of the Australian Federal Police, Assistant Commissioner Neil Gaughan, claimed on Australian national television that this alarming level of spying is ok.On a per capita basis, the Australian government is more than 18 times likely to intercept telephone calls than the United States government

Source : www.pakalertpress.com...
edit on 3-10-2012 by synapsis because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2012 by synapsis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
So it highlights the fact that Australia has worst civil liberty and Freedom than USA . People must be living in a state of panic .

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by synapsis

What a crock of she hat, The Pak alert press really looks like a reputable news source. They have cobbled together quotes from many different sources and came up with this.
I am sure ASIO monitors phone calls and the like, why wouldn't they considering the amount of foreign refugees we have, but to compare it on a per capita basis to the US is absurd.
I think you'll find that with the technology now available big brother is certainly listening and a good thing too, we don't want any extremist bombings or any of our citizens harmed.
Look what happened to Jillian Meagher a few weeks ago, I have got a 17 year old daughter and I fear for her every day knowing the crazies that are out there.
I hope they are listening, and lets get some more cctv cameras off the roads and into places where they can do some real good.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Agreed, isn't it nice to know someone can watch if need be, I'm sure most of us ordinary people are recorded, taped etc.. Every day. But is anyone REALLY watching or listening? I think not, we are not important enough.
Until its needed, until someone goes missing or some crazy "does crazy".

Then bb has the ability to go back over recorded or taped or CCTV and just maybe catch an evil S.O.B. the recent case in my home state is prime example. I admit it probably doesnt happen enough.
I love conspiracies as much as the next person. But at the end of the day simply one evil person is off our streets due to being id'ed from CCTV after rape & murder.

One more thing I'll say " watch over me and my family BB" it may not prevent but I really don't think it is harming me. I have nothing to hide.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There an interesting and disturbing article linked in the Pakalert article.

www.smh.com.au...

Australian law enforcement and government agencies are also accessing vast troves of phone and internet data without warrant. Indeed, they did so more than 250,000 times during criminal and revenue investigations in 2010-11. Comparative statistics suggest this is a far greater level of telecommunications data access than that undertaken in the US, Britain or Canada. Data accessed includes phone and internet account information, outwards and inwards call details, internet access, and details of websites visited, though not the actual content of communications. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well, I guess we should all be expecting a knock on the door if this is true!

new topics

top topics

join