It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video surfaces of SEN. Obama telling black audience slow Katrina aid was racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I like them all, actually. I just have the understanding that his audience determines the subjects covered and the manner of his speech. But if I had to pick one favorite, it would be his 2004 DNC speech. Or his 2008 acceptance speech. I agree with the basic messages in each and every one.

Expecting some sort of perfection from a politician is a fool's game.
Happy playing.

I talk differently depending on my audience, too.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit
Thunderheart

I agree!
But.... What if its the other way around? What if he did NOT change his speech pattern at this lecture? He is speaking in his natural accent and changed it to a none slang and more educated tone for and during the presidential election and during his presidency? We really don't know right?
edit on 3-10-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)
It's a good question, but going by what little we do know about him, he was raised around white people in Hawaii, his "choom gang" were all white kids, he just wants black people to think he is "ghetto" I guess.

How would he have a ghetto accent if he hung out with these kids during his high school years? Certainly not at home, he lived with his white grandparents and white momma.

edit on 3-10-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
There is no racism by calling out racism, ....
If you believe Obama made a racist statement, please quote it.

You just contradicted yourself.

Obama clearly pandered to the black audience .. fake southern black accent and all .. saying that the response by the government was racist when it was not. The fact that he was pandering and saying it was racist when it wasn't .. THAT is racist on the part of Obama.

Prove that the government response was 'racist'.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He was born in Hawaii. He spent formative years overseas. There was no way he could develop a southern black accent.

And he spent ages 10 and up in a variety of places and communities. I just think it's silly to think that a politician WOULDN'T pander... Politicians pander. ALL of them do. Why hold Obama to a higher standard?

Oh, right.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Obama should have used his Mexican accent. It's much better

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Why hold Obama to a higher standard?

Who says I'm holding him to a higher standard? No one. I'm holding him to the SAME standard as I hold Romney or any of the other politicians in office or running for office. So why do you give him a free pass?

Oh ... right.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I can only imagine what what baked into that "Choom Gang" cake....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

There is no racism by calling out racism, ....
If you believe Obama made a racist statement, please quote it.

You just contradicted yourself.

Obama clearly pandered to the black audience .. fake southern black accent and all .. saying that the response by the government was racist when it was not. The fact that he was pandering and saying it was racist when it wasn't .. THAT is racist on the part of Obama.

Prove that the government response was 'racist'.

I don't see any quotes from you, just the talking points being floated around in the Right Wing world, funny how that works.

Everyone is so sure this "new" speech (that was on youtube since 2007) was racist, but they can't really point out any quotes that were racists.

And no, calling out a delayed response to a disaster that was overwhelmingly effecting blacks is not racism, it is the facts. You can live in your white washed world where absolutely nothing is racist, but that simply isn't true.

Quotes please, I'm eager to see all these outragous racist remarks by Obama. Becaused I listened to the speech, and we must have seen two different speeches because I saw a great speech that called out the truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Politicians pander. ALL of them do.

That is absolutely correct; however, there is one who does it way more than the others.

Who could forget Romney pandering to the Mississippi voters with fake southern accent:

edit on 3-10-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

I like them all, actually. I just have the understanding that his audience determines the subjects covered and the manner of his speech. But if I had to pick one favorite, it would be his 2004 DNC speech. Or his 2008 acceptance speech. I agree with the basic messages in each and every one.

Expecting some sort of perfection from a politician is a fool's game.
Happy playing.

I talk differently depending on my audience, too.

Which Obama do you prefer?? Divisive Race Baiter or the Unifier?? How can you like all of those speeches without identifying the contradictions that are hitting you in the face. Wow!

Sad Sad Sad Better check that moral compass....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Only 10 minutes of that 40 plus minute speech has ever been seen and only the "prepared remarks" were ever released. What we have seen and heard are the unreported comments that Obama made as he intentionally veered off of his prepared speech.... Those are the remarks that were unreported by the reporters who were indeed in attendance at this event. Yet, they chose to run cover for then candidate Prince Obama...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

We are still waiting for quotes of those "race baiting" comments Obama made during this speech.

Isn't it funny that no one can provide them, even though they are sure (because they've been told) that this is an increadibly racist speech by Obama?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I don't see ...

which is the problem. you only see what you want. you have been told what is wrong with this and yet you refuse to see. 1 + 1 = 2. It's not rocket science. Not everything is a direct quote. Sometimes it is INFERRED. What Obama did was INFERRED racism on his part. Just like you are screaming that the government response was racist but you can't give any direct quotes of Bush saying "because New Orleans has a lot of black people, we won't send money". You are claiming racism because of what is INFERRED through action (or inaction). Ditto Obama.

You can live in your white washed world where absolutely nothing is racist, but that simply isn't true.

:shk: oh .. blah blah blah ... that's just so damn absurd. Get real

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Please tell me you know that was voiced over. I'm assuming you do know that and are just injecting some humor. At least he doesn't go orange for Univision... of course by GOP logic he doesn't have to because he already has their vote because his skin is already brown.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Anyone else uneasy about 2 of the whitest guys on the planet sitting there complaining about the racism of our black president? This is so ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It wasn't voiced over. Can you find evidence that it was?

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by jibeho

Please tell me you know that was voiced over. I'm assuming you do know that and are just injecting some humor. At least he doesn't go orange for Univision... of course by GOP logic he doesn't have to because he already has their vote because his skin is already brown.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

1 - What are you talking about?

2 - Do you think that because Obama is black that he somehow isn't a typical pandering politician?

3 - Do you think that because Obama is black that he isn't capable of racism or playing a race card?

oooooooookay.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

Yeah, my eyes, ears and brain.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

which is the problem. you only see what you want. you have been told what is wrong with this and yet you refuse to see.

I have asked repeatedly for you or others to provide quotes that show these inflamitory racists comments from Obama.

And look at that, you still can't provide them. But you have been told that this "new" unreleased speech is coming out Obama where he is racially divisive. And even though you can't point out the exact parts that are actually racist or racially divisive, you are SURE that it is in fact just that. Because you have been told to believe that.

It's not a problem with me only seeing what I want, it's a problem of you believing what you have been told without using your own judgement. It's quite simple, you can't point out the parts in the speech that are "racist", and yet you are sure it is.

Not everything is a direct quote. Sometimes it is INFERRED.

Oh, too funny. You are flat out admitting that there is no quote that shows racism, and yet you KNOW what Obama was really saying.

So many psychics here that KNOW exactly what Obama is thinking, even if he never says it or actually says something completely different.

Your entire thread is based off of you being told what to believe, and even though you can't show any quotes from the speech that back up your premise, you are sure it is true because you KNOW what Obama was really thinking when he made that speech.

You can provide those "racist" quotes at any time now, or you can start to think for yourself instead of letting the Right Wing tell you what to think.
edit on 3-10-2012 by HostileApostle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

reply to post by redtic

1 - What are you talking about?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I can't help ya.

2 - Do you think that because Obama is black that he somehow isn't a typical pandering politician?

No.

3 - Do you think that because Obama is black that he isn't capable of racism or playing a race card?

No.

oooooooookay.

OK.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join