It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-files (Part 5)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sublimecraft your stories are definatly intriguing and strange . I love your posts now I have to go research them cause thats just what I do
Thanks for posting and keep up the good work

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Also, ignore the haters Sublime. They posted for a reason...

Although I can't determine that reason besides....hating.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

Also, ignore the haters Sublime. They posted for a reason... Although I can't determine that reason besides....hating.

Thanks mate - I take all comments in their stride.

Take ATS member "TheLegend" for instance, I have nothing but the utmost respect for him/her because he/she brings a certain style of thinking to the table that I like both here and in my other threads - that does not mean I agree with the entire analysis presented, but it does allow me to investigate further.

Now, on the flip side take ATS member "MasonicFantom" and his/her comments - those types of responses I find amusing - and nothing else. They do not get a direct response from me because I am wasting my time - someone who says they are confused and also proclaims themselves God in the same sentence has much bigger problems than I can deal with - and a brief look at their profile history confirms that.

But, the vast majority of members are happy with the contents of these threads so I will continue to post them - I am drawing from a huge database of (personal collection) books as well as online info. The unexplained always intrigues me and posting same here kills 2 birds with 1 stone. Everybody gets some enjoyment and some mysteries may get solved - and the likes of TheLegend and your good self are a testament to that.

Cheers mate - time for a beer.

edit on 3-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Never underestimate what the church will do to disprove evolution.

That being said, once again awesome job.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
S&F! I love these threads.

The dancing epidemic reminded me of the 1962 laughter epidemic in Tanzania which I figured you might be interested in if you haven't already read about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
24. The Dancing plague of 1518

Not all X-Files are scary – some are just plain weird to the point of funny, yet remain unsolved to this very day, like this one...........

In July of 1518, Frau Troffea of Strasbourg, France (then part of the Holy Roman Empire) began to dance frantically in the streets. Within a month, 400 people began to do the same, eventually collapsing and dying of heart attack, exhaustion, and stroke.

Ahhh, case solved!...
www.youtube.com...

... What's the cure?....

edit on 4-10-2012 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Awesome with number 21. When I read the first x-files list that you wrote it made me think of this case but I couldn't remember the specifics so I started looking for it but never found it, and now here it is

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I look out for your posts every day. Once again brilliant and keeps me busy
s & f.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Edit: removed the part where I made several specific members look like morons.

Look, I admittedly troll or use levity 89.37% of the time (as expected of someone so incredibly studly), but here's the inside scoop.
There's nothing wrong with your threads and I read them all, as I do for nearly every thread that isn't about Obama. It's just the responses are getting more absurd and your "X-files" are getting watered down. People don't even research things anymore here, if they did they'd see 2/5 of these are hoaxes and the others have, at the very most, reasonable explanations (excluding the Nagasucyodik fireballs which I think are baffling). Darkmask, bless his little heart, even referred to them as "X-files" like if he is incapable of comprehending or deciphering them - he just gave up. You're putting nonsense into the minds of these children. Cease this psychological assault upon my serfs, good sir, I beg of thee.

Might I recommend a very useful compilation?
listverse.com...
7,100 results with 10 items a piece = 71,000 mysteries/cases to review.
Seriously, I want you to go through them and pick out the best. Ones that not even IamLegend or Phage can attempt to explain. You will be at it for months, maybe years. I have faith in you and foresee you making these threads for as long as you live and as long as I pay you.

I WANT ONLY THE BEST. NO FUNNY BUSINESS.
edit on 4-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

if they had ergot poisoning aka lsd not everybody would be dancing at once, lsd makes everyone act differently not exactly the same.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Once again brilliant thread , I hope You are not done yet and have a few more parts prepared
.. The naga fireballs is the one that keeps me scratching my head and I have to dig deeper into that one, since it has way to many different witnesses and is way to cyclical and old to be a hoax in my opinion of course .

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by PhoenixOD

if they had ergot poisoning aka lsd not everybody would be dancing at once, lsd makes everyone act differently not exactly the same.

You'd know, right? That was one wild party. Sorry about your TB.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Well, I must say, I feel quite honoured that you have given me the benefit of a response as I was certain you would be monitoring this thread and will certainly endeavour to bring the more "unexplained" to the table in the coming posts but I have heaps to get through that are not "mainstream", some of which are more easily explained than others - so please bare with me.

No hard feelings on my part - I genuinely appreciate the link AND your comments. I specifically made the reference to you in my last post on the hope you would depart from your custom and give me some feedback.

Thank-you with all sincerity - its appreciated - I know you are no fool as I have read ALL of your posts - my previous comment about you was merely to bring you out of hiding.

edit on 4-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

I Laughed when I saw your comments about myself and a couple of other posters. I Laughed harder when I saw your amelieration, so thanks for that.

Just so we're clear, what exactly did you mean when you said:

"3-4 of these "mysteries" are not mysteries"

3 out of 4? because that's the same as treating it as a fraction.

I certainly don't feel like a moron.. well most of the time.

Anyway, thanks for cheering up my morning, have a good day.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

I'd use 5 as a denominator if I wanted to use a fraction to address the 5 cases and write it like "4/5".

"3-4" there meant "3 or 4". Or, more accurately, "3 through 4", but that's equatable to "3 or 4" since only whole numbers are involved. The reason why is stated in my initial response - I'm unsure about the lead mask case. I feel like it can go either in the category of mysterious (as with the 1 case, Nagasukyodik Fireballs) or not so mysterious (as with the other 3 cases). So, 3-4 are viewed as being not so mysterious (to me). That means at least 3 are certainly not mysterious and one possibly is or is not. Conversely, this also means that 1-2 are viewed as being mysterious. If you have a fraction fetish tho, you can also read it as 3-4/5 (like saying "3/5 or 4/5") and 1-2/5.
edit on 4-10-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
As for the Texas Hammer (and other artifacts found in rock that don't belong either due to time and/or place), when rock is molten, does that effect dating of that rock? I don't know and I ask because if the rock's age (as far as dating methods are concerned) stays the same, couldn't new items be placed in old molten rock, left to cool and found later? Could this (whether innocent coincidence/mistake or deliberate hoax) explain this type of artifact?

The wood would burn in molten rock, and the rock could possibly stick really hard to the metal. (cools and contracts)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I don't want excuses, just results. Lives are on the line. Terrorists are everywhere.

PS I stayed at the Treasure Island last month for 10 days. They have an extremely loud pirate show performance...4x a night...every single night....
I have PTSD and your avatar doesn't help.

Luckily I'm a masochist.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Nice thread Sublime, I´ve read all the other parts as well, and even though they are not all mysteries and some have even been debunked or disproved, it´s still interesting to read about these cases and research the intruiging ones myself.

I think the case with the hammer is not a deliberate hoax, but the result of a sedimantery process and a bit of wishful thinking. I think the hammer was encased in a stalagnite. Carbon dating of the wood would quickly confirm it´s relatively young age and that´s probably why this has been refused. That only enforces this theory more.

Any way, keep it up and I look forward to another addition to the series!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Well here is a possible answer to the hammer one

Yorkshire's Stone Bears

As for the Naga fireballs link I would like to have seen a night vision video of that

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
21. The Men in the Lead Masks

An empty water bottle, two dead men, two towels. This reminds me of some classic torture methods with water and towels.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join