It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
They say that leaders who commit offenses that result in unjust wars or unjust practices during the war are guilty of war crimes.....

Then in that aspect since there were no WMD's in Iraq and even members of the UN call Bush's war in Iraq illegal....

If we re-elect him then wouldn't we all be equally guilty of war crimes for giving him the power to continue this war and with talks of invasion in Iran
starting a war there because if we put him in there that tells me we chose to continued the war crimes of Bush ....

I mean if you help in some way to coverup,facilitate,actuate a murder are you not guilty of conspiracy or aiding and abedding murder the same would be true if we kept helping Bush wouldnt we.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The term war crimes has been embarassingly shelved into irrelevancy as every time someone does not like a world leader they call his policies and actions war crimes. In the last few years we have seen the shrill cries for "war crimes charges" being levied against many world leaders, most without any factual backup, or any connection to what would actually be considered a war crime in the proper sense. Add that on to the World Court not doing particularly much and well...

You can't hold the citizens of a country liable for "war crimes" for voting for someone anyways. Although if such charges were brought up, who would you say would 1) have the right to bring the charges 2) have the right to judge a quarter billion people 3) have the right or power to enforce any ruling that came out of this?

[edit on 10-17-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Djarums I know its not pratical to charge everyone with war crimes but I see no difference in those who commit the crimes and those who keep a person in office knowing the leader was doing illeagal things at the time of the vote

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

You can't hold the citizens of a country liable for "war crimes" for voting for someone anyways. Although if such charges were brought up, who would you say would 1) have the right to bring the charges 2) have the right to judge a quarter billion people 3) have the right or power to enforce any ruling that came out of this?

The answer to that would be no-one, as the US has not signed up to the ICC. Very hypocritical that, but not surprising. They go after nasty blokes and accuse them of War crimes, but do nothing when accused of it themselves and try and cover it up.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
bravo my point in part was nothing is being done and by that fact we are equally guilty for not handeling this issue from our powers of voting

new topics

top topics

join