It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you knew the truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
What would you know if you knew the total truth about everything?

Say tommorow you found out that there is no god and absolutly no after life, how much would it change how you lived? I hear mostly from people that they would live there life full of sin, taking drugs doing what ever ect. But in turn, if you found out there was nothing after life would you not try to live a better life? A life with more money, love, happiness? You know its all you got so why not make the most of it instead of dying of an O.D or going to prison for the only time you have? What would you do?

And if Tommorow you found out that the world would end in 2 weeks whatw ould you do? Would you go to human nature, the nature to survive, looking for bunkers and trying to keep your family alive? Would you turn to religon, ask for forgiveness and strength? Or would you pretend not to know? What would you do?

And my final question is, Would you really want to know the truth?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
zi2525

I think this would be a sh*t hole of a planet and everything would be anarchy for how would a man put himself in check with no bases of reward for doing good or punishments for doing bad

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Say tommorow you found out that there is a loving god and absolutly an after life, how much would it change how you lived? I hear mostly from people that they would live there life full of love turn from sin, like taking drugs doing what ever ect. But in turn, if you found out there was nothing after life would you not be hopeless? A life with more money, does not mean a life of love or happiness. You know god is all you got so why not make the most of his will? What would you do?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think if every one knew the bliss was coming in the after life they would adapt to begin enjoying it here it lays back to the common human element if its good get more than you are given willingly and if its bad give it to someone else the most unselfish child is one at the table feeding brussel sprouts to the dog under the table while if he had ice cream he would stab you in the eye with a spoon to keep from sharing

[edit on 18/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't change my life one bit. I'd probably be more fearful, turn into a hypochondriac hermit or something, since I knew this life as all that I was ever gonna get

Now if I knew the world was going to end in 2 weeks, THEN I might do some 'sinful' things that I wouldn't otherwise do, but I won't get into that

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i would crack on as normal - try and live my life healthy and balanced and to always drink plenty of water on a come-down

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I personally as a man of God would spend alot less time worrying and live my life in a manor that would be indicative of my calling and ordination but I have to admit a few things small doughts I have would be gone and Id spend less time on my knees asking for forgiveness for my doughts now dont get me wrong I dont dought God or Jesus it the small things like how can a hostile natured people can live in the new heaven and earth with out reverting to their old ways I mean the Holiest man on earth can and will fight a war that protects him his family and way of life whats going to be so signinficant of a change that can make us stop fighting you stuff like the and just to save a step ....."serious now" God please forgive my dought that when you say war will be no more then it will be so sayeth the Lord my God AMEN

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I don't think it would change me at all.....I do not live my life the way I do because I think there is grand prize afterwards
I live it by my conscience. I try to treat people as I want to be treated....I may be wrong and there may be no god, no reincarnation.....but either way, I live my life by what I know as right for me.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Im glad to hear that because give as ye be given and do as ye be done is a fact of life all should know

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Part of life is keeping a certain mystery and ominous nature to that which surrounds you so that you remain interested and intrigued...to know everything would be to know too much...I don't think a single person could retain the knowledge of all truths b/c there a far too many lies, deceptions and cultural misnomers that it boggles the mind for me to even think of where to begin...

So - I personally would reject the chance to "know everything"

Maybe if someone could tell me who killed JFK and where Elvis is, then I could rest in peace....Oh wait....they already did that in Bubba Ho-tep

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I can see your point enron but I have to admit I'm like that kid that sneaks into the livingroom when everyone else is in bed to sneak a peak at what he got for Christmas or in my case for my birthday. Patients I have to admit is one of my weaker points

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Kinda agree with Enron on this.

If I instantly knew everything...I'd probably be inclined to suck a gun barrel. Life would seem to be without meaning.

Life isn't a goal or destination...its a journey...and the discovery of new places and new knowledge is what adds the spice to each step. Sure...you trip over and skin your knee now and then, but then thats life too...thems the breaks...personally the bad times serve to sweeten the good times.

I wouldn't choose to know everything...would rather just discover it over time...that way you have the joys of accomplishment/understanding sprinkled throughout your existance on this planet.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525

Perhaps it is far too bold of me to say so, but I believe I have met Absolution. The strange thing is that it does not change the world I live in one bit. The world, this reality, this group manifestation is not Absolution; it is not true reality but rather the twisted desires of our similar Ego-self perceptions.

Say tommorow you found out that there is no god and absolutly no after life, how much would it change how you lived?

I would still have to feed myself and clothe myself within the guidelines of the social reality that I choose to exist in (if I choose to do so) and thus it really would not change a thing. Concepts of a god thing/being really have little to do with the lives of individuals unless they use the concept towards their own ends.

I hear mostly from people that they would live there life full of sin, taking drugs doing what ever ect. But in turn, if you found out there was nothing after life would you not try to live a better life? A life with more money, love, happiness? You know its all you got so why not make the most of it instead of dying of an O.D or going to prison for the only time you have? What would you do?

What? Let me get this straight! So you are saying drugs are evil, but capitalism should be equated with love and happiness!?! I do not agree.

And my final question is,Would you really want to know the truth?

Anyone that claims to not want to know the truth should not be at this site.

new topics

top topics

join