It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Show: United States of ALEC video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
first let me say ALEC, the American Legislative Exchange Council,
is a lobby group pretending to be a charity

i really suggest all Americans who care about democracy, please take the time to watch this video linked and take in what has been going on behind closed doors

EVER WONDERED WHY MOST LEGISLATION SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS WRITTEN BY CORPORATIONS AND FOR CORPORATIONS?

IT IS

where is the democratic process and is this alec actually an illegal front group pushing repressive legislation?

decide for your self, watch the video at the following link
billmoyers.com...

if you prefer the short cartoon explanation here ya go

xploder
edit on 2-10-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Great thread, XPLodER. What a show. This should be on the front page of ATS! It's a shame it is not.

This is the Republican skeleton in the closet. I believe the corporate agenda obviously stretches to both sides of the aisle, but the Democrats have been demonized for so long now and the Right has portrayed themselves as the savior of the American people, the middle-class, all the while scheming behind the scenes and working with the corporate interests doing shady deals, passing ALEC's bills as their own. I'm a Republican myself, but often times I find myself critical of my own party because I know they're just as bad as the Democrats at undermining democracy and subterfuge.

Our republic is in full-fleged emergency mode and it stresses me out to no end. As Moyers stated, how can David take out Goliath? We need an answer, we need to wake people up to this corruptness that is rooted throughout our great country.

new topics

join