It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News - Federal Polytechnic Mubi students killed in Nigeria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

BBC News - Federal Polytechnic Mubi students killed in Nigeria

www.google.it

Some 25 people, mostly students, have been killed by unknown gunmen in Mubi, north-eastern Nigeria, police say.

Twenty-two of the dead were students whom attackers had called out by name, a police spokesman told the BBC.

A local resident said at least 40 people had been shot dead or stabbed.

The killings come days after a major operation against the Boko Haram militant group in the town, while others have linked them to a dispute over student union elections.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Wow, this could be the 2nd to 1st ever school shooting in history for number of victims! One person said there are up to 40 students killed.
This is an interesting event. What could have sparked this?
Students were sent out of a hostel in the campus yesterday evening and they were asked their names. Some were left free to go away, some other ones were killed execution style.

www.google.it
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I do not have anything to add other than this is just tragic. I am so sorry, has the msm been covering it as they should have? I had an intuition about Africa yesterday and even spent an hour or more looking at a community called Cameroon. I felt like something was up with the peaceful town or surrounding area.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

This story is an absolute shame and probably will not get any attention since it's in Africa and not Europe or North America.

I posted this news this morning in a different forum and only a few people responded, as if 20-40 students was nothing...

One US ambassador gets killed and everyone panics... this shows our hypocrite ways.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Zagari

One US ambassador gets killed and everyone panics... this shows our hypocrite ways.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Can't agree more. They drone strike civilians and torture prisoners, but when an ambassador dies, they cry "Act of war! how could they!"

new topics

top topics

join