It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got a question for Buhddist's and Rebirth belivers.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So when i was answering a thread just now called:
"A can't stop thinking about death and the after life"
A question popped into my head while replying, here it is...

If you die and some how they freeze your body to be resuscitated 1000 years in the future when that sort of knowledge and technology is available. Now what if at that point, because your body is dead, you have been reborn into another person. Now say that person is alive at the time you are resuscitated. What happens?

2 of the same energy in 1 person? Is that possible?
edit on 2-10-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

i don't believe we will ever have the technology to revive a body after freezing it for 1000 years...

Science fiction for the loss...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I think the body might become reactivated, but the mind wouldn't be.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'd go with what AfterInfinity said. The consciousness would have already left the body, so it wouldn't be you.. You'd be flying around else where aha. Could possibly be re-used by another incarnating soul, although I think they prefer babies or big foot XD aha.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
EEERRRRRR ......paradoxical!, not sure but two objects can't occupy the same space at the same time. However in Taoism that could be addressed as "one man cannot sit in two chairs".

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The spirit would remain surrounding the body for 1,000 years. It would go into other areas of past or future life but when the body functions are brought back to a conscious state the spirit would slam back in just like after an OBE.

There is no time in eternity and linear reality does not exist.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Cryogenics has yet to be proven effective. I think that in order for it to work a person wold have to enter into cryostasis before death. That is currently illegal, the heart must have stopped beating and the person pronunced dead before they can be frozen. If a person were to be frozen while alive, they may experience a deep sleep until such time that their frozen body can no longer support brain function or they are revived. I don't think that a person can be split into two souls and that is why with the current trends, revival is not possible. Maybe science will prove me wrong though, then hopefully we can ask the person revived if they remember their past lives and current lives.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

i don't believe we will ever have the technology to revive a body after freezing it for 1000 years...

I watched a docu about a frog that lives in the arctic. Every year when the summer is over the frog covers every cell in its body with some sort of sugar solution. Then the entire frog freezes solid. The solution prevents the ice from tearing the cells apart. Every cell in the frogs body is now technicaly isolated from every other cell.
In this state surely we must conclude that the frog is....dead!!

In the spring the frog thaws out and continues its life.

This must raise questions amongst those who believe in reincarnation??

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
If you die and some how they freeze your body to be resuscitated 1000 years in the future when that sort of knowledge and technology is available.

@ the point you faced death the soul/spirit/internal energy no longer needed the vessel or environment suit that fit those times. What ever caused you to die started the process as opposed to you being ill and being placed into deep sleep period (which may keep the soul/spirit/internal energy intact with body since death was not obtained)....

Now what if at that point, because your body is dead, you have been reborn into another person. Now say that person is alive at the time you are resuscitated. What happens?

If you didnt die and were put to deep sleep for illness to freeze and not progress you may carry same frequency flesh and soul/spirit/internal energy upon resuscitation (if you didnt die first and were induced into deep sleep first) so OP I guess your answer is based on if the being died or was put to sleep first before death..

2 of the same energy in 1 person? Is that possible?
edit on 2-10-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

I dont know if its possible to have souls/spirits/internal energies multiple transmigrate into 1 vessel/body but would imagine the internal energies would battle for the body unless they are same parts of the same soul like descendant blood lines, then that way the soul/spirits/internal energies may be just intergrate as 1. Sorta like Highlander movies how they absorb the prana? Deep question OP

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Now switching it up consider souls sleep and being given new bodies once they reach a new environment to descend upon and their bodies being designed to experience the nebula-inside or outside planet-star-photon belt environments. MARS to EA*RTH bodies
EA*RTH humans from???
edit on 10/2/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Maybe life can be frozen, as this has happened, and then thawed out and revived. But death? If the soul exsists it seems this would be impossible.

I'd imagine the person brought back to life would never function properly unless they could programme conciousness back into the brain, but then it would not be natural, it would be AI.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
I'd imagine the person brought back to life would never function properly unless they could programme conciousness back into the brain, but then it would not be natural, it would be AI.

I agree that would require tracking the soul/spirit/internal energy from death till resurrect or finding a way to capture the souls in a chamber until the body is made...
edit on 10/2/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I watched a docu about a frog that lives in the arctic. Every year when the summer is over the frog covers every cell in its body with some sort of sugar solution. Then the entire frog freezes solid. The solution prevents the ice from tearing the cells apart. Every cell in the frogs body is now technicaly isolated from every other cell.

I happen to believe in reincarnation actually... but this doesn't raise any doubts

The frog in your example is not dead, its in a state of hybernation... fish have this same ability.

The internal processes are slowed, not halted completely.

Once something is dead it doesn't return to life.... though this does leave the idea of NDE open for debate

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Maybe a default programme that is uploaded into the brain, they could even have different programmes to upload different personalities, provided reviving a fully conciouse dead body can't be done.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

So all of reality, including every universe and every plane of existence, is one giant pyramid? No wonder the pyramid is so sacred...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I think the body might become reactivated, but the mind wouldn't be.

But how could it be alive with out the mind, I mean it would have the same memories, experiences and likes and hates since these are all neurons connecting. to form a memory.

Originally posted by antar

The spirit would remain surrounding the body for 1,000 years. It would go into other areas of past or future life but when the body functions are brought back to a conscious state the spirit would slam back in just like after an OBE.

What if it was 1 million years? It cant hover forever, their is no such thing. And isnt the point of rebirth to be reborn again rather than hover?

Originally posted by Wifibrains

So you believe this is a type of (for my lack of not understanding a better word to describe it) hologram?

Once something is dead it doesn't return to life.... though this does leave the idea of NDE open for debate

This Link would be of interest to you, this is one of the reason that I posed such a question.

Their where a few stories on ATS a few months ago about babies that have woken up 9 hours (as my shady memory recalls) after being dead.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The spirit is awareness and it will know whether or not the body will come back alive in the 1000 years, just like the spirit knows whether or not to come back in an extreme long coma.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I happen to believe in reincarnation actually... but this doesn't raise any doubts

The frog in your example is not dead, its in a state of hybernation... fish have this same ability.

The internal processes are slowed, not halted completely.

Actualy the point they were making in the docu was that the frog was NOT in a hibernationstate, each cell had all connectivity to other cells removed because of the ice and sugar layer. NOTHING in the frog was active.

Other than the cells not being ruptured by the ice the frog was no different than a frozen steak in your freezer

Reincarnation? I do not believe in gods, but I'm open to the idea that life may not end when our bodies nolonger function.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join