It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Debate Commission Sued by Gary Johnson

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Maybe I should say this in spanish so you may understand, el voto a gary johnson es voto por obama...capiche??
Every Gary Johnson vote benefits Obama so don't be stupid.

Stupid?? Who? Bigoted? OK, obvious.

Do you have some inside information about rigged voting perhaps? My vote for Johnson/Gray is a vote for Obama?? No, my vote for Johnson/Gray is a vote for liberty, self-ownership, and a hope to restore America to its former glory. It is a vote for Johnson/Gray. ¿Comprendes?

As long as my vote does not benefit Romney in any way I can be somewhat pleased with that. After the way the GOP treated Ron Paul this year they should be glad we cannot vote to take votes away from them. If you are suggesting I should straight-out vote for Obama, forget it, I will not do that. Romney? Never.

edit on 2-10-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

It's so obvious, there are genuine Gary Johnson supporters and then there are these guys that knowingly and openly hate Romney so much yet they can't bring themselves to vote for Obama even though they like him due to their conscious so they will vote for GJ knowing that it will help Obama.
Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

It's so obvious, there are genuine Gary Johnson supporters and then there are these guys that knowingly and openly hate Romney so much yet they can't bring themselves to vote for Obama even though they like him due to their conscious so they will vote for GJ knowing that it will help Obama.
Pathetic.

Yes, I truly want to see Gary Johnson and Judge James Gray elected. If Obama gets re-elected by default then so be it, the alternative is worse IMO. Having experienced the mentality of a typical romney supporter and being hounded in these forums by their thickness and open bigotry it helps makes it rather a no-brainer. Thank you for confirming the validity of my choice. My vote is in the mail. Johnson/Gray!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Dear Erongaricuaro,

We haven't spoken much and I don't know you well. My opinion, therefore is virtually worthless. But that's never stopped me in the past.

I think you're making the right call, and if you have sent off your ballot, I think you'll be happier for it. It's not the decision I would have made, but so what?

Each man has to have a certain internal integrity and, if you're not acting just out of reflex (I don't think you are), then you would be betraying yourself with any other decision.

Vaya con Dios

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Everyone i know under 30 has zero interest in voting. Theybsay the government is corrupt and its not worth their time. I been telling everyonr i can that you can do somethijg about it. Get off your butt and vote gj. Lets change things. Maybe ive reached one or two and if so good. I even joke and say occuoynovember. Kids seem to like things you can hashtag.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
As a Libertarian I am pleased to see this. How can we have freedom if the options are not given to us. Voting for the two major parties is actually insane when you think about it. Other than Health care has great leader been so different from Bush? And is there any difference between Romney and Great Leader?

(This is my first post here so forgive me if I seem noobish)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Sorry, shouldn't Libertarians believe that hard work and intrinsic value will get them what they want? Not using lawsuits and government mandates to get their way? The market has spoken guys, US Libertarianism is about as popular as ... well... Gary Johnson...

Make your product better if you want people to buy it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

It is better than the Democrat and the Republican party. Gary Johnson is being forced to use the tools of litigation because they two main parties are ripping him off. As the only third party candidate on the ballot in all 50 states, he should be entitled to be a part of these debates.

The main two parties (which are just two wings of the same bird of prey) are afraid to give the Libertarian movement a foothold into the mainstream media and into the homes of typical middle class citizens. If they do, they might not like how the poling numbers begin to change. Once people really come to understand what Libertarianism stands for, I see it becoming a major player in the future of our political system.

A better product? I think, if you actually come to understand it's principles...it is a fine product just the way it is....

The Libertarian Party Platform

edit on 10/3/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
Sorry, shouldn't Libertarians believe that hard work and intrinsic value will get them what they want? Not using lawsuits and government mandates to get their way? The market has spoken guys, US Libertarianism is about as popular as ... well... Gary Johnson...

Yeah like how they wouldn't let Ron Paul Speak at the convention? It isn't about the people wanting this it is about the powers that control wanting this. The power doesn't want him at the debate because they know he will reveal the men behind the curtain. But everyone is entitled to their own political opinions.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Yeah, I know. Americans don't like peace, freedom, personal liberty, self-determinism. You have your nanny society and and are happy with it, but there seems to be a small minority that likes to make their own way, be self-reliant, and value their privacies. Too bad it is such a homogenous society that is paced by the weakest and most dependent among you. That is why there are other countries in the world and after many decades of living in the US I decided to leave it for another that respects my independence. As a citizen I still have a vote, however, and will continue trying to bring some of that independence and liberty back for the younger generation to experience. They might like it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Yeah, I know. Americans don't like peace, freedom, personal liberty, self-determinism. You have your nanny society and and are happy with it, but there seems to be a small minority that likes to make their own way, be self-reliant, and value their privacies. Too bad it is such a homogenous society that is paced by the weakest and most dependent among you. That is why there are other countries in the world and after many decades of living in the US I decided to leave it for another that respects my independence. As a citizen I still have a vote, however, and will continue trying to bring some of that independence and liberty back for the younger generation to experience. They might like it.

The young who don't vote is really the future of taking back america.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Maybe I should say this in spanish so you may understand, el voto a gary johnson es voto por obama...capiche??
Every Gary Johnson vote benefits Obama so don't be stupid.

Stupid?? Who? Bigoted? OK, obvious.

Do you have some inside information about rigged voting perhaps? My vote for Johnson/Gray is a vote for Obama?? No, my vote for Johnson/Gray is a vote for liberty, self-ownership, and a hope to restore America to its former glory. It is a vote for Johnson/Gray. ¿Comprendes?

As long as my vote does not benefit Romney in any way I can be somewhat pleased with that. After the way the GOP treated Ron Paul this year they should be glad we cannot vote to take votes away from them. If you are suggesting I should straight-out vote for Obama, forget it, I will not do that. Romney? Never.

Pathetic.
Their are also many out there, who are awake enough to realise you are voting for getting slapped with the left hand or the right hand, and instead, are gonna vote for someone different then who the political machine feeds us. Personally, i think it's more pathetic to vote in the charade of Democrat vs Republican.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I think they also don't like:

the complete deregulation of business
the destruction of anti-trust laws
the defunding of public education
replacing politicians, who are 5% accountable, with corporate boards who are 0% accountable

On top of that, the libertarian definition of, "liberty" is basically a joke... freedom for the rich to squash the poor, and businesses to have complete control of governement.

Go ask your neighbour if corporate and military lobbyists should be regulated... once you realise that no one REALLY wants to live in a world completely devoid of political representation, Johnson's very weak showing will make a lot more sense to you.

Americans - smart enough to not for for Libertarians.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by longlostbrother

It is better than the Democrat and the Republican party. Gary Johnson is being forced to use the tools of litigation because they two main parties are ripping him off. As the only third party candidate on the ballot in all 50 states, he should be entitled to be a part of these debates.

The main two parties (which are just two wings of the same bird of prey) are afraid to give the Libertarian movement a foothold into the mainstream media and into the homes of typical middle class citizens. If they do, they might not like how the poling numbers begin to change. Once people really come to understand what Libertarianism stands for, I see it becoming a major player in the future of our political system.

A better product? I think, if you actually come to understand it's principles...it is a fine product just the way it is....

The Libertarian Party Platform

edit on 10/3/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

No one is forcing him AND if his product is strong enough he wouldn't need big brother to let him on stage...

But his product is weak, and like Paul candidacy, all he's left with is lawsuits.
edit on 3-10-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

No one is forcing him AND if his product is strong enough he wouldn't need big brother to let him on stage...

But his product is weak, and like Paul candidacy, all he's left with is lawsuits.

Not sure what you want. Should we be recruiting rock stars? Gary Johnson's performance as governor of New Mexico speaks for itself, though few really take interest in politics especially what happens in other states. Do you know anything about Johnson's running mate Judge James Gray? For those who are active in political reform movements he is somewhat of a rock star in his own right.

Politicians get a boost from being part of the major parties. They get funding from corporations and special interest groups that want their products and interest pushed forward. Many of those same interests with a lot of money to advertise and conduct campaigns also work hard to silence those who do not support their interests. Sometimes what we need and what is good for us politically and as a country is not what is making the big money. Candidates that seek to stop practices of corruption and expose bad practices are often marginalized by bigger moneyed interests. This does not make them inferior but often keeps them from being well-recognized and therefore respected by the people who need them.

If you are being marginalized or bombarded by questionable law practices you might do well to bring your claim to court, which most often means to bring about a law suit so your case can be heard, otherwise it goes unnoticed, ignored. To not make use of those legal avenues is like trying to defend yourself from artillery fire with a pea shooter.

Step forward and take an active role in politics yourself if you are intersted in liberty but feel there is no one to properly represent you and your community. Or go to the polls and select your favorite nanny being brought to you by the Demopublicans.

edit on 3-10-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Erongaricuaro

www.wweek.com...

communities.washingtontimes.com...

After all the thought and effort you have put into your response I suppose my reply to you should be solely:

?

However I will do the courtesy of extending and elaborating the dialog a bit.

Your second link goes to an article that states "Gary Johnson is not a libertarian" - It may be relevant to point out Gary Johnson is THE Libertarian candidate for POTUS. Many people outside those who claim to be libertarian seem to want to define or re-define the term. If no other fault is found then, even here on ATS, people will take the last resort and deny these candidates are libertarian. ?? What is a republican? I believe the Libertarian Party knows who their candidate is.

The first video is followed exclusively by comments that claim the video interview is meaningless and lame, and I tend to agree. The interviewer does nothing to deny or refute that Johnson balanced the budget of a state that was fiscally out of whack an created a surplus, or says nothing to deny Johnson brought jobs to New Mexico's people. The point of contention seemed to be that New Mexico ranked low in areas of education, wealth, and so on. It was that way before he was in office and sadly most of the stats did not improve dramatically by the time he left office. He was re-elected by a greater margin than his original election to the governor's office. After two terms he hit the state's term limits for governor and left office.

Do YOU have any comments of your own that are relevant? Are you taking any action to be personally politically active? Are you working for any group that seeks to marginalize Johnson, his political ambitions, or aspirations for office?

edit on 3-10-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReligiousHoax

There is not much more to add, regarding the OP, other than the obvious fact that the entire process is rigged anyway, so even if he were included in the debate, it wouldn't manner, because they would just ignore him, as they did in most of the debates that Ron Paul was involved in.Just check the number of minutes dedicated to Ron Paul, versus Romney ande the other crooks, and it becomes obvious how crooked the debates are. Furthermore, although I support neither Romney nor Obama, the fact that they have 4 left-wing "moderators DEMONSTRATES CLEARLY how easy it is to rig a debate.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReligiousHoax

Interesting legal premises. It does sound like a plausible interpretation. My feeling are that most judges ruling on something like this will find a way to not change the status quo. I definitely do not think this is any sort of frivolous lawsuit though. It is a real challenge to existing law which might ought to be expanded.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join