It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Increased Foreign Aid 80%; Spent 76% More on Foreign Aid Than Border Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Obama Increased Foreign Aid 80%; Spent 76% More on Foreign Aid Than Border Security

Fiscal year 2008 -- $11.4 billion spent in foreign aid.

Fiscal year 2011 -- $20.6 billion.

What justified this ?

Apparently the amount spent in foreign aid had been trending down since 2005.

What changed ?

In the meantime, back at the ranch, border security spending is dramatically less percentage wise compared to foreign aid. However border security spending has almost doubled since 2003.

(CNSNews.com) - From fiscal 2008 to fiscal 2011, according to the U.S. Treasury, the federal government increased spending on foreign aid by 80 percent and, in fiscal 2011, spent 76 percent more on foreign aid than it did securing the borders of the United States.

In fiscal 2008, the government spent a total of $11.427 billion in international assistance programs, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement. In fiscal 2011, according to the statement, it spent $20.599 billion—an increase of $9.172 billion, or 80 percent, from 2008.

Prior to President Obama taking office, international assistance spending had been trending down for three years, according to the Treasury. In fiscal 2005, it was $14.787 billion. In fiscal 2006, it dropped to $13.914 billion. In fiscal 2007, it dropped again to $12.764 billion. And, in fiscal 2008, it dropped yet again to $11.427 billion....

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What justified this ?

Some people actually think they can buy "friends",

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Its all the apology money... Most of this money goes into hands of people that want us dead... Great job on the redistribution

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Why protect borders when your future plans involve elimination of the borders and put all the sheep in the same herd.

So better use the money to breed sheeps in advance.

And use the rest of the money to train sheepdogs with blind passion for their leader.

So no need for fences.

edit on 2-10-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think there will be a post refuting those numbers fairly soon.

That is how it is done, claim the other side is lying.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I think there will be a post refuting those numbers fairly soon.

That is how it is done, claim the other side is lying.

Probably so.

Just for the record ahead of time ...

The figures are from U.S. Treasury statements.

The links are in the OP article.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yet people bi+ch and moan about money spent here, at home. on AMERICAN citizens, i.e. food stamps, Social Security, etc. But I don't see nearly as many threads about THIS. I'd rather my tax dollars go to our people, our citizens, than sending money all over the world, as our infrastructure crumbles. It's high time people get pissed about THIS, and stop condemning our citizens, American citizens, for being on welfare and Social Security, just because a handful are abusing it, and the majority NEEDS it. Welfare and Social Security ARE NOT what is crippling America economically. Believe that.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
Yet people bi+ch and moan about money spent here, at home. on AMERICAN citizens, i.e. food stamps, Social Security, etc. But I don't see nearly as many threads about THIS. I'd rather my tax dollars go to our people, our citizens, than sending money all over the world, as our infrastructure crumbles. It's high time people get pissed about THIS, and stop condemning our citizens, American citizens, for being on welfare and Social Security, just because a handful are abusing it, and the majority NEEDS it. Welfare and Social Security ARE NOT what is crippling America economically. Believe that.

Sort of... except they are giving away money they don't have. I'd rather they didn't give ANY money away and fix our own fiscal nightmare.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by poloblack

Sort of... except they are giving away money they don't have. I'd rather they didn't give ANY money away and fix our own fiscal nightmare.
In a great many cases concerning food stamps and Social Security, those people have PAID into the system, and happened to fall upon hard times, due to a carefully manipulated economic climate. You may want to do some research on the earmark money. You'll see where the money is being GIVEN away.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yep... no cash for the Social Security system (ours).... but plenty for foreign aid (not ours).

On the same token... the gubermnt wants us to pay into a national health-care system, and at the same time say that they don't have the money to pay ppl - that paid into the Social Security system for decades. Allegedly they are running out of Social Security funds... Warm fuzzies all over.
edit on 3/10/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join