It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw a Mason Temple + I've thought about joining previously - Need suggestions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

Masonry is something that will take up one or two evenings a month once you are a master mason. You have a regular life just as you do now. While I like my lodge brothers, I could not live with them.
Everything in moderation.

Be sure to ask about the differences between what I call regular and irregular. There are limitations with each.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

That's nice that they don't steal you away from your normal life like many people think other organizations and societies do.
Thanks for the continued contributions of information everyone! It's appreciated, for sure.

I'm thinking Irregular and Regular comes down to people who either follow mason beliefs / general not enforced rules fully, or are more relaxed on them?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
I have a collection of these hats. Very fun to wear because normal people can not get them.
Sure they can.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
reply to post by network dude

As the sole "Irregular" Freemason here, I will tell you that there is a mixed Gender Lodge in Ft Worth Texas that I am aware of. So you have options, if you are interested in Continental Masonry that accepts men and women contact me by PM. However, whatever decision you make, I wish you the best of luck on your Masonic journey.
And on the flip side from the "Irregular" brother, another option is looking at the lodge locator on the Grand Lodge of Texas website.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Ghostx

Masonry is something that will take up one or two evenings a month once you are a master mason. You have a regular life just as you do now. While I like my lodge brothers, I could not live with them.
Everything in moderation.

Be sure to ask about the differences between what I call regular and irregular. There are limitations with each.

If I had to live with the brethren of my lodge I would turn in my demit post haste !!!! I can barely stand spending three days in a hotel room with them when I travel across the state for our Grand Lodge session . My wife is MUCH easier on the eyes .

Some of us are busier than others Ghost , it is all up to you how much or how little you wish to spend attending lodge functions . I stay pretty busy traveling until the wife orders me to take a break . Sometimes I burn out , but that is because I am a member of too many bodies . One thing I teach new Masons is learn the meaning of the word NO .

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostx
I like the thought that you DO enter as equals. But do you finish as equals?

The only exception in lodge I would make is possibly for the Past Masters of the lodge. If you are lucky enough or unlucky enough, depending on your point of view, to be elected you will understand my comment.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I know exactly where whenandwhere is coming from...

I struggle to keep my Freemasonry to one evening a week. I belong to two Lodges and two Orders, and when coupled with visits to other Lodges, reheasals, committee meetings, investigating committee meetings, lectures, and the occasional Grand Lodge visit, it can quickly add up to several evenings a week if I'm not careful.

I agree with whenandwhere - especially if you have children, the first word you must learn in Freemasonry is "no!"

That being said, all that is expected from you is one evening a month, and that attendance is essential.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

The only exception in lodge I would make is possibly for the Past Masters of the lodge. If you are lucky enough or unlucky enough, depending on your point of view, to be elected you will understand my comment.

Or even more so, to be elected Secretary...
Judging from the Lodges I've been to, I'd say most Lodges are run from the North!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well, it's your decision to make....

I will tell you I enjoyed receiving a bunch of degrees and I enjoy ritual work. I don't like slaving over a hot grill, often without any help. I don't enjoy a lot of the "business side"; but it all has it's rewards. Sometimes may hard labor is the reward I need. I am in line for becoming the Master (Worshipful Master) of my Lodge, but I am already looking past that, to taking a long break from it all.

Any designs on those conspiratorial lines of thought are, in actuality, not at all in keeping with Masonic tradition and culture. There are VERY few instances of that type of evil within Masonry.

Either way, I feel a man is generally made a better man by taking the journey. If only to find that it is not for you, you are better for having the experience.

Best wishes.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoatWizard

I don't like slaving over a hot grill, often without any help...
I am in line for becoming the Master (Worshipful Master) of my Lodge, but I am already looking past that, to taking a long break from it all.

If you're still doing the grill, I'd say when you're in the chair, you need to give your Stewards a kick in the behind.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am planning to check out their temple this weekend and ask about ways to join / lodges in the area! It should be okay. I mean I don't expect I'll hear / find anything too insane.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

LOL
...and your Junior Warden too!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

Heh! For a little while longer, yes. Junior Warden FYI:

www.dummies.com...

Here is a great description of what I really do as a Freemason:

www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GoatWizard

Of course we know the duties of each office, nice of you to inform those who don't. Sometimes it slips my mind to explain the things.
edit on 5-10-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
reply to post by Ghostx

Freemasonic Lodges don't offer residence or employment, rather they are our places of meeting.

Oh we employ alright.....just not for pay.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join