It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween To Fall on a Sunday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't care that halloween falls on a sunday, many pagan satanic days fall on sunday.

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by know1edge720
I don't care that halloween falls on a sunday, many pagan satanic days fall on sunday.

Go figure.

Funny how Christians celebrate their faith on Sundays.. hmm.. might there be a connection? Could it be.... SATAN? /churchlady

Paganism has nothing to do with Satanism. Many Christian celebrations fall on old Pagan holidays - like Christmas, for example.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The date of Chistmas was originally the 15th of September, even though Christ was actually born on the 1st of March, the was changed to the 25th of December by the Emperor Constantine in 314AD to coincide with the Roman Sun Festival.

Easter is not a Chistian Celebration at all, the ressurection occuring at the time of the passover, it is the festival of the celtic godess of spring Eostre, only becoming associated with Christianity in 664AD at the Synod of Whitby.

Halloween is originally an ancient Egyptian religious festival coinciding with the date of the great flood described in Genesis VII, ii.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Following Asatru, I totally feel for my Wiccan friends (LadyV).

To label pagans as devil worshippers and evil is just plain ignorant, as many of these same peoples' ancestors followed the same pagan beliefs they are criticizing. pagans (Wiccans and Astruar) don't even believe in a concept of a 'devil'. The gods are both good and bad, even- tempered and angry at times, sad and happy. It is the balance of nature. Night and day, right and wrong, up and down, beauty and viciousness: that is the balance, the yin and yang and if will. The god of the Middle East doesn't adhere to these rules, he tries to bend them to his favor. But he must realize, nature is much, much bigger than that. Nature is all-encompassing, enveloping everything within it, from the smallest micro-organism, to the gods themselves.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yeah, some christians compromise but, I don't. As far as the holidays go I don't do christmas nor, easter.

As for sunday, I don't celebrate it.

Nor, worship it.

Most christians don't know the true about easter/christmas etc. etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nature?

Please, define this term. Did nature make itself?

Oh, and let me guess, is it MOTHER Nature?

Just another false pagan god, pagans prayed to.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Let me think....

Who's to know how long nature has been around. Nature is the universe, and everything within. It's been around a lot longer than Jesus, you can believe that much. It is the Sun, the moon, the air Jesus breathed, the atoms that made up his body. It's the water he drank and the fish he ate.

Imagine god and the devil of Xtian doctrine playing baseball. Nature would be Yankee stadium. It would be the grass they are playing on, the sun overhead, andthe wind in their hair. It would be the dirt between their fingers, and the gnats attracted to their sweat. That is the size of nature.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Nature is a man made word which, is to describe everything around oneself. Hence, Birds, grass, dirt, trees etc. etc. etc.

Are all considered a part of Nature, right?

The bible states "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the
creature more than the Creator.

Alot of todays, Witches especially worship Nature today as a " god " Most Pagans do as well!

Lastly, sad to say why worship the creation and not the Creator?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My town is one of those that will not be "allowing" trick or treating on Sunday. Instead they are asking everyone to trick or treat on Saturday.

While I believe that it is because they don't want people to miss Sunday evening church, the officially stated reason is because it is a school night. BULL! If Halloween was on a Wednesday, they wouldn't delay it until Friday, they would have it Wednesday.

Another interesting note. Last year when Halloween was Friday, High School Football Night, they asked everyone to trick or treat on Saturday. Football and religion trump Halloween around here.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well, first of all, you are quoting from a Xtian book. Of couse it will state that everything to the contrary of God is evil and wrong. Why wouldn't it?

I can also quote, say from the poetic edda, Voluspa:

When Ymir lived long ago
Was no sand or sea, no surging waves.
Nowhere was there earth nor heaven above.
But a grinning gap and grass nowhere.

The sons of Bur then built up the lands.
Moulded in magnificence middle-Earth:
Sun stared from the south on the stones of their hall,
From the ground there sprouted green leeks.

Sun turned from the south, sister of Moon,
Her right arm rested on the rim of Heaven;
She had no inkling where her hall was,
Nor Moon a notion of what might he had,
The planets knew not where their places were.

The high gods gathered in council
In their hall of judgement. all the rulers:
To Night and to Nightfall their names gave,
The Morning they named and the Mid-Day,
Mid-Winter, Mid-Summer, for the assigning of years

Would this make any impact on your beliefs? This edda, which is much older than the bible is, shows the formation of what we call earth. IOs it any more wrong than the bible? If so, without using the bible as a reference, show me that it is wrong, and why. The second you use the bible to try and prove this Edda wrong, is the second that I more affirm my beliefs in the ways of our ancestors.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Please, lets be 4 real it was written around the 13th century.

Pure Mythology, Poetry. Nothing more my friend.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
They were put into writing around the 10th century, but the beliefs have been around for centuries before that.

Once again, same arguement as the bible, which was written well after the death of Christ.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Please, remember they don't know the writer of the poetry nor, but, the work does date to the 13th century.

And if, you do recall the first 5 books of the bible was written around the time of Moses.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The writings date to so, not the myth.

The first 5 books of the bible date to Moses, but what about the New Testament?

We are going around in a circle here. Whatever we believe in is based on faith. That is why I can't use an Edda as proof of the beginning of the world, anymore than you can use the bible. That is why no-one can be right here.

The only difference is I won't try to force my beliefs on anyone. I won't condemn anyone for beleiving the way they do.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by know1edge720
Alot of todays, Witches especially worship Nature today as a " god " Most Pagans do as well!

A lot of Witches/Pagans today worship a God/Gods/God & Goddess; and feel that we are the keepers of nature, much as do the Native Americans.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
as i recall the first 5 books were Written after the return from Babylon. several
hundred years after Moses.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If anyone gets as mad about this as I do come to Clinton Arkansas on Sunday night and bring all the trick or treaters you can!!!! Doing this is unconstitutional. I contacted Americans United for Seperation of Church and State. They affirmed this is WRONG. But, since Halloween is so close it can not be stopped (this year). We might not can stop it but we can sure fill the streets with trick or treaters on Sunday night and stand up for what we say we believe!!! Come on EVERYONE!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm a keeper of nature and a Christian, I don't believe all pagans are Satan worshippers, maybe a few are but, for the most part no they aren't.

Also traditional Halloween came from the Celtic peoples not Egyptians. Halloween the kids celebrate today is totally different than the traditional pagan holiday or yore.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join