It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween To Fall on a Sunday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman

Essentially...no matter what anyone on earth believes...whether you are Christian, Pagan, Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic, etc. there is only one truth. If everyone on Earth (or nearly everyone) worships whatever "it" may be they are essentially worshiping the same idea.

Exactly! I believe that we all worship the same thing, we all end up in the same truth...we just all fight a fuss over who's way to get there is right, or in some cases, who's way is best...there can be only one truth. My personal belief is that it is probably a bit of what everyone believes...a sort of mixture...in anyone's' way though we should be more tolerant and accepting of each other. Why does one religion have to be the "only" religion? It's a big world...big enough for us all to celebrate which holidays we want to...and worship the way we want to...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
My personal belief is that it is probably a bit of what everyone believes...a sort of mixture...in anyone's' way though we should be more tolerant and accepting of each other. Why does one religion have to be the "only" religion? It's a big world...big enough for us all to celebrate which holidays we want to...and worship the way we want to...

I have thought about that long and hard as well. Maybe, humanity as a whole is the key to the answer, if in fact their really is an "answer". Maybe all religions have a piece of the puzzle, and the only way we will ever find said answer is if we come together as humans...cast away our prejudices and intolerable beliefs...and learn to be what we ultimately only can achieve...HUMANITY!

Everyone is looking for the same answer and people like you, LadyV, your husband Misfit, and others on this forum are closer to finding what you are looking for than those whom concentrate on splitting humanity into neat little groups.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Essentially...no matter what anyone on earth believes...whether you are Christian, Pagan, Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic, etc. there is only one truth. If everyone on Earth (or nearly everyone) worships whatever "it" may be they are essentially worshiping the same idea.

If one believes in the Bible, this is where the Tower of Babel comes into play. The people were split and sent their own ways with their own language. Stands to reason that those different groups then developed their own distinct way of worshipping the God they knew. That leaving just what is said here, we are all worshiping the same entity, each in teir own way.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Ya know....what annoys me most, is that these people can't seem to understand why so many young people, as well as those older, are turning away from organized religion! Look at the way many that follow organized religion portray, themselves!? Who wants to be a part of something that is closed minded, narrow, rigid, judgmental and uninformed, usually not only of other's faith & beliefs, but of their own teachings as well! Doesn't make their faith look particularly inviting does it!?

lol im part of no religion which is weird i dont know what to call myself......i celebrate holidays once in a while.....my grandmother is a buddhist (mom's side)...on my dad's side theyre some type of christian my mom is nothing.....my dad used to go to church....so what do i call myself?....i believe in god and all but he is just like a protector...so what am i?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
@ CookieMonster000

My thought on your question is that a person does not HAVE to BE anything. As long as they strive to be a good person inside and out, a label is simply not needed :=]

Perhaps that is the best way to go, cant get into a religios argument that way! lol

More power to ya friend

Misfit

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
If one believes in the Bible, this is where the Tower of Babel comes into play. The people were split and sent their own ways with their own language. Stands to reason that those different groups then developed their own distinct way of worshipping the God they knew. That leaving just what is said here, we are all worshiping the same entity, each in teir own way.

Hmm...I never thought about that, but according to Christianity, it would definitely explain exactly what you stated. As I have stated previously, my fiance' is Wiccan, but I prefer to remain unaffiliated for all the reasons that I have stated throughout this thread. If I were to be grouped into a system of beliefs though, I guess my own would closely resemble that of Buddhism in many ways.

In essence we are all just trying to find the TRUTH. People like Ashlar seem to want to prohibit others from finding just that. I do believe there is an answer we are all searching for...whether it be a great energy source that created this universe, a series of mathematical calculations, or an "old white man with a beard sitting in the clouds". Its all the same, but as we have discussed before...its just how one views "it".

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My take on it....worth exactly what your paying for it.

Seems Lucifers plan is working quite well....I see much hatred towards christianity and christ on this thread but fret not. Lucifer wrote many religions all designed to cause division within secret societal satan. Israel(government) is doing a nice job of framing jews at this very moment to bring energies of hatred(negativity) against them which is wrong and blatantly evil. another ex
The Passion of Christ) Mel Gibsons movie(all designed to bring hatred to both sides(judeaism and (some sects) within christianity) to a boiling point. You will see many react when speaking out against Israel. Many take it as speaking out against(jewish folks) and scream anti-semetic/racist etc. They(the rulers) have programmed this into the collective concious. Remember,,,it is not us(society) that is wicked for I see us as victims caught in the middle of it all between the warring factions of the rulers(used as pawns) and I believe our creator sees it this way to.(empathetic to our dilema)

Look a little beyond Halloween falling on Sunday...it isnt the only occultic symbolism involved in the puzzle for it holds a little more special meaning this year. Oct 31st 2004 falling on Sunday creates energy...(alot of negative energy) and different degrees of it (between those that like to celebrate it and the ones who dont).Some are engaged in magick by proxy basically....on both sides of the fence. 2 days later is Nov 2nd 2004 Presidential Elections where #44 will be chosen. November 2nd also known in the hispanic culture today as The Day of the Dead. www.public.iastate.edu...

Enjoy

[edit on 18-10-2004 by project_pisces]

[edit on 18-10-2004 by project_pisces]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by project_pisces
Israel(government) is doing a nice job of framing jews at this very moment to bring energies of hatred(negativity) against them

I agree with this statement. anti-semitism is needed to feed zionism

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by project_pisces
. 2 days later is Nov 2nd 2004 Presidential Elections where #44 will be chosen. November 2nd also known in the hispanic culture today as The Day of the Dead. www.public.iastate.edu...

Enjoy

[

This happens every so many years ya know....this isn't the first
won't be the last. I just don't understand any of it. You say there is a lot of hate towards Christianity...I see a lot of hate towards those that aren't Christians, and towards gays.....why can't every one just leave everyone else alone and let them do their own things without all the preaching about what the Christian bible says is evil or not....not every one is Christian.....we all have the right to do as we feel is correct for us!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Halloween is my fav festival O.K i aint a kid i am 30years old but being a heavy metal freak i love this festival my friend and i were joking once that we should get a ouja board and try it out on Halloween i told no freakin way i though the was serious.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
what possible significance could be that the holiday is on sunday even in the most ignorant of terms or people surely every one knows that even if halloween had some eveil spirit activity connected to it that God sabbath day would prevent anything from happening of a spiritual type

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Can't be bothered copying and pasting ashlar's reply to my comments. Yes, going out and collecting treats IS PART of halloween. Halloween is a festival. Getting candy is part of that festival. Dressing up a witches and goblins and all sorts of other creatures is part of it. Just because Australian kids don't go trick or treating (well actually a few do), doesn't mean we don't celebrate halloween

But anyway, I think you've been publicly blasted enough for the moment. Easter was originally a pagan celebration, modified and pulled over to be the christian celebration of jesus's resurrection. I have a feeling the same applies to Christmas. So when you celebrate easter you are continuing a pagan ritual. Something to ponder on

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The most likely reason they believed such things as opposed to Christians is because they simply thought that each object of creation would have to be controlled by seperate "Gods".

IMHO most did not see it as different Gods/Goddesses so much as different
aspects of a single Male/Female creator. all things have a spirit that is part
of the Great Spirit, and reflect different parts of the whole, like was mentioned
a jigsaw puzzle.

there is a Native American saying that goes, " there is but one mountain, and
many paths to the top of the mountain. Each chooses that which is best for
them"

I also believe it is not the goal that is important but the journey.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am agnositic. I don't know for sure if a "god" exists or not. It has not been proven or disproven. The fact is more evil has been done in this world in the name of the Christian god than ever.

King James Version Isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the lord do all these things.

If there is a god I am quite sure this is not what he had in mind for us. Every religion thinks they are right and everyone else is wrong. The hatefulness and narrow vision of life is what steers me clear of all religion. As long as there is religion, there will be no peace.

I don't think religion is good for anyone. It puts limits on what we are created to be, simply human. If god exists I don't think he is as UNKIND as the bible makes him out to be. If he is so murderous, evil and full of hate as he appears in the bible he is not fit for worship. How can we live by example when we have a god like that. No wonder this world is in trouble.

I do not subscribe to such an narrow view of life. My eyes have been opened. I research every angle for coming to a conclusion. Just because someone says it, doesn't mean it's true. Search for yourselve and make your own beliefs on what you feel is right for you. Don't believe what someones says just because you think it will get you into heaven. Follow your own heart and mind. If there is a god who is kind and loving he will see this and reward you for it.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
@ favouriteslave

I like everything you said. Very open-minded it is.
I also agree with "what that God would be". Just as you, if the God of the Bible is just that - he is a murderous thieving raping child molesting lying whormonger, because humans are created as him, and many humans are just as that. I know I know, won't take long for someone to pop up with rhetoric about Satan converted good humans to be those things, blah - in that verse favouriteslave quoted - God creaed evil.

I guess this is one of the good things about Wiccan etc beliefs, it is not organized. Not becasue we can't but most do not want to because the orignization always leads to problems both in and out of that originization. While there are a few established Covens, they hold their members to a few, as to NOT run into problems. We to get together at times, and have meets and what not, but it ain't every Sunday or anything like that, just when someone wants to hold a meetup.

Anyway, I'm rambling, just wanted to say I am glad to see another with an open-mind, and that it does not take a religion to be a good person, as you obviously portray.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well for one thing......Sunday wasn't the original Holy day to start with!
That too, is man made!

EDIT: www.biblelight.net...
www.keyway.ca...
www.kencollins.com...

Or do the search for yourself

[edit on 10/19/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
MISFIT- Thanks

Yes the god of the old testament is not a nice dude. He has no concern for women, life in the womb. He savors the smell of burnt flesh. He commands man to raid neighboring villages and kill all males and women to have laid with a man or or pregnant. To take the virgins to call their own.

If Christians really actually believed all this stuff we would be in deep trouble today. The fact is that they don't believe their own holy book. For centuries they have picked and poked at the book and used what they saw fit to form their views. I still cannot see why many people call it the "good book" I would never let my children read such evil. Yes theres lots of nice bible stories and some history to be admired. If you read the book objectively instead of subjectively you will come to a different conclusion.

That leads me to Islam. This is a religion that somewhat promotes violence and treats women poorly but you must understand that they are actually true followers of their book. This book or Koran basically says the same things as the Torah or old testament. It doens't mean its right to stone a women for getting raped by her brother but thats because we DONT follow what the bible says that makes us caring and compassionate humans. These are people who truely believe and follow their religion.

Its a good thing Christians don't follow the bible to the "T" otherwise we be a ravaging group of marauders and rapist crimianals.

I do believe that religion is the root of all evil. Without religion or a god evil would not exist. If god is the creator of all then he created evil and the devil. If he prefered a world without evil then he could have easilly accomplished that since he's knows everything from alpha to omega. What kind of god would purposely create evil to see humanity struggle. What kind of cruel experiment is that?

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Halloween is based on the Egyptian Festival of the dead, which commemorates all those lost in the great flood, when Noah took the animals in the Arc.

Halloween is a Egyptian/Jewish/Christian holy day where we dress to Commemorate the souls of all those who died in that terrible disaster.

People who think it's a celebration of evil are paranoid...why would our forefathers have had a day to celebrate evil....that's just plain dumb.

The reason why Islam is having such a resurgance is because Mohommet put the great seal on the Koran, and it cannot be changed or translated, it must be learnt as it was written.

Christianity has become a religion without much intellectual rigor at all, so called Christians don't even know what their criticising anymore, they seem to think that faith lies in putting their head in the sand and spouting some half baked moral majority position.

True faith demands a beleif in the truth, and the truth is out there.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
`son of man can these bones live again?` Please dont judge the bible on what other people say that it says . The old testament was written in hebrue(spl>

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't care that halloween falls on a sunday, many pagan satanic days fall on sunday.

Go figure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join