It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's Around The Sun October 1st 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Just had a quick check through NASA's Stereo site to see what's been happening and there's been lots of activity over the past 24 hours, with tons of anomolies and possible UFO's.

I recorded what I could using some web based software for the first time, so please excuse the jumpiness of the recording.

Also feel free to search the images for yourself in higher resolution, and to shoot me down if these are just typical and normal sightings, such as comets, etc...

edit on 1-10-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
As has been explained many times, cosmic rays. Not UFOs, not comets, etc.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

What, so these are just cosmic rays?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

No disrespect, but have you ever seen cosmic rays change direction, speed and fly back and forth like that? I'm not saying your wrong Phage, but could there be a "what if"? What if they are not all cosmic rays? Doesn't that make them unidendified?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
On the other hand, see what's coming in November 2013.

Nibiru!

Not.

But a nice cometh.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

You just paste this into every thread related to ufos and the sun don't you?

No disrespect, I'm a skeptic too, but you have an explanation for everything, which is as bad as someone who sees a conspiracy in everything, imo. How you have an instantaneous explanation ready for anything that is presented to you is beyond me and, as a skeptic, not satisfying at all

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

What, so these are just cosmic rays?

Not exactly. Did you read the link?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

No disrespect, but have you ever seen cosmic rays change direction, speed and fly back and forth like that?
I've never seen cosmic rays at all. But it's sort of hard to tell if the ones in the images from the STEREO spacecraft are doing any of those things since the images are minutes apart and the "objects" don't appear in sequential images.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

You just paste this into every thread related to ufos and the sun don't you?
Just the ones which show cosmic ray strikes. In the ones that show planets I point out which planets they are.

What if they are not all cosmic rays? Doesn't that make them unidendified?
What makes you think they aren't cosmic ray strikes?
edit on 10/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well cosmic rays come in all shapes and sizes and from what I'm seeing, the object(s) are of the same size... I don't know, I'm no astronomer...lol. But you make great pts

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i used to check the soho and stereo pages every day, and made many videos showing the pictures and the perceived oddities therein (cubes on soho, comet-ufos on stereo). i think the green stereo images became somewhat more pixellated and less defined over a year ago. my interest in them has since tailed off, though i still check them from time to time. i don't really know where i stand viz-a-viz the supposed ufos around the sun anymore. much less interested, but still interested, would best describe my current position on the subject.

watching this space.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm getting sick of these 'UFOs around the Sun' threads!

I dunno how many times one has to keep explaining what these CCD glitches are all about and how they're formed! Jeeez!

I'm outta here!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I started looking through those images as well about a year ago, and there was one type of object that always stayed the same shape and size (with three little light looking things on each side) and it would move around to different places as the timeframe went on and not lose its shape. I've seen this object 100's of times >.<

But hey, maybe thats just my hopeful brain.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Fireworks during the Olympic games closing
Fireworks in general
The Sun

are the places NOT to look for UFOs. Since so many things fly around and are from the fireworks/ the sun

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Just a quick question. Considering the size of the sun. How fast would said UFO have to be to make such turns? or is the OP saying it is several distinct UFO's? I would imagine said UFO's would have to be about as big as earth considering their apparent sizes..

Therian

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

You'd have to know how far something is from the cam to determine it's size. COR1 and COR2 images show stars as points of light.

top topics

join