It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life, Truth, And The Pursuit Of Meaning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I wanted to share a very deep, very intense realization that I might never have found without the help of the AboveTopSecret community. It started with a discussion of reincarnation, which led me, as my interests are wont to do (which is why I'm interested in them
) to WHY. WHY these things happen.

There's lots of secrets in life, lots of undertones and overtones and sidetones and whatever tones you can come up with. Plots and twists within plots and twists. But what is the meaning of it all? Is it a giant helix, a spiral winding around itself endlessly, a constant seamless stream of experiences carving us into one being, like the Egg Story? Or is it a carnival ride, filled with images and sensations and twists meant to confuse us enough that we'll understand the importance of what we're about to see next, before finally comign to a stop so we can decide whether to join the next ride or go home to wherever we came from?

No one knows. No one can say for certain, "This is the truth. This is why we're here. This is what we have to do." Because it's all individually based, right? We're divisive as a species, but we can feel something coming where we cannot survive without uniting. Thing is, we lack the knowledge and understanding to complete that transformation just yet. We're still children, teens, trying to rebel against authorities while proving we still need them.

You all know what I'm saying, so before I get too off track, here's my point. Understanding. That's what we're here for. Understanding of what? That depends. But that's also beside the point. In the end, we want to understand everything. And then, maybe, we'll start all over again. That's a story for another universe, I suppose. So the question here is: how do we understand? Maybe that's not your question, but that's mine. I would liken it to the cat and the bell. Easy theory, sure, but how's the practical approach going to work out? I don't have that answer. But pondering it, during that discussion of reincarnation, lead me to an insight that I find incredible.

Rambling aside: Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, our understanding is not complete. Maybe we're not ready for it. Maybe we're not looking in the right places for it. Maybe we don't WANT to know. But the day will come, I hope. Because I, for one, am not afraid of knowing. If I was afraid of knowing, there's no point to living in reality. I might as well create my own world in my head and live apart from all of society, become a god in my own head.

But that just isn't fulfilling for me, and that leaves only one choice: find the truth, or come as close as I can to a complete understanding of the theory of all. Apart, I only have one piece, or a handful of pieces. Hopefully, here, I can find a whole truckload of pieces that no one knows what to do with, or has people a little confused because they're missing what I have. And eventually, I can follow the crumb trail to the gingerbread house and confront whatever ultimate truth I find inside. But there can be no finish without a start. Maybe the start IS the finish, but I don't know that yet.

Hence, the reason I'm on ATS. And I'm thankful for it every day. You all provide a tiny piece of the puzzle. My dream is to die knowing if I helped the ultimate purpose, and whether or not there IS a purpose. Some say it doesn't matter; I say to them, "It matters to me. Even if I don't find what I'm looking for necessarily, I'll find something as a consolation prize. And I can die knowing my life was worth an answer." And here on ATS, there's scores of people saying the same thing.

Maybe that's what this thread means to me. Should I find an answer I really wanted in this life, I can take it with me to the next life so I find the next piece. Like a train. And when the train is finished, I'll ride it wherever it goes next. Is that the meaning of life?

Maybe. But that's what I'm here to find out. So today, I got that one piece. Only one piece. But maybe, that piece is all I need for now. I'll find out when I reincarnate, eh?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Human beings do seek a larger meaning, and there is a very concise and clearly defined reason why they do, but it would take me weeks to properly explain that reason to you. This is because you'd have to learn so much and unlearn so much else before the answer would ever make sense to you. The larger, less concise answer is that we seek a grand reason because - in our case, at least - there is a grand reason, even if it doesn't actually involve any one of us, or even any one planet's version of humanity. That fact exists as Residual Information, and since it does, it's accessible to anyone who knows enough to look for it within this reality confine's Informational Continuum mass. The net result is that many of us experience contact with it in glancing blows, and then we have (for the most part) invented our own individual translations for what it is that we've connected with. But that information is constant and immutable - in the same way that all information is. It's our interpretation of it (as perception generating conscious beings) that morphs and shifts and does what sentience is uniquely capable of doing - creating imagination.

As far as what your own individual purpose is - your brain is presently constructing the human being that you'll become when the moment of your corporeal death arrives. It's funny. When we were in the 1st placenta, we did not have a "thinking" brain - it was being developed, as was every other organ and function of our material selves. If we had had a "thinking" brain, we would have believed ourselves to be whole throughout the entire gestation, just as we do now, throughout this 2nd stage of gestation. I guess it's to be expected, but the truth is that you only experience YOURSELF as one split instant of "now" tacked onto the last split instant of "now", and only as immediate memory. You literally have no idea what it's actually like to be a fully viable, functional human being - yet. But, you will. After this Homo Sapiens body you feed and clothe had died, you'll be born a human being.

You are under construction, and that's what THIS is all about. As to how that ties into why ALL of this exists, like I said, that would take a hell of a lot more debunking and revealing than I'll ever attempt on this board. It's all published - presently in confusing layers of "inside reference" that very few have managed to gain anything at all from
- but we're working on a new approach that may clarify the whole mess for the average reader. Let's just say that it's not easy to correct over 6,000 years of misunderstandings concerning virtually every fundamental tenet of physical existence, and you can't take on the truth about humanity until that's been accomplished.
edit on 10/3/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You say you are not afraid of knowing but are you afraid of not knowing? It is the not knowing that terrifies humans. They want, they need, to know and because they don't know, they pretend they do and this causes fear because deep down they know they don't know.
Born into a world that teaches you to know, you go to school where they teach you to know - but what have you learned? You have learned that knowing is important.
But what do you actually 'know'?
The truth must be faced - you don't know! Stick to that truth and you will be free of confusion.
It is thinking that you know or should know that causes the confusion and fear. The mind wants to know and is always searching for the answer but the mind can never make it's mind up. It is only when the mind realizes that it can't possibly know anything for sure that it will find peace.
The only security there is, is to realize that there is no security. Only when you can accept that you don't know will the truth be revealed.
Be in the state of unknowing.

It's Ok to Not Know:
youtu.be...

edit on 4-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

but are you afraid of not knowing?

Not knowing and ignoring are brothers, and I've seen what ignoring does. Do I want to be part of that ignorance? No.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Itisnowagain

but are you afraid of not knowing?

Not knowing and ignoring are brothers, and I've seen what ignoring does. Do I want to be part of that ignorance? No.

If you cannot admit that you don't know you are ignoring the truth.
When we accept that we don't know we are open minded.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

In your OP you mention reincarnation, in this video Peter Brown explores the concept, the idea, of reincarnation - he says that before you can start to question reincarnation one must first find out what incarnation is.
youtu.be...
Peter Brown covers quite a lot of the other questions that you want answers to in the clip. He is great at pointing directly at reality.

edit on 5-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
When you seek, you make it as if there was something to find. If you realize, there isn't anything to realize. This very moment we call everyday consciousness is "divine" consciousness. You are IT.

top topics

join