It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Dead , participate on ATS?,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I think we all know that taking a 'participation of the dead' thread seriously is a little risky. Starting a humor thread aimed toward that end, however, would cover just about everything except the stuff that already appears on most threads, no matter the subject.

If you take it so personally, I apologize: but I have my right to an opinion just as much as you do.
and in all honesty, I think the humor approach is much more reliable than even ATTEMPTING to start a serious thread on the topic, because that's just inviting all manner of uncouth replies. Allow people to have fun with it, because they're going to angle it in that direction to matter what. Beat them to the punch, and then there's no reason to be upset.

There's a difference between making jokes on a serious thread, and being serious on a joke thread. It's called an "insurance policy".

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 1-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

If you take it so personally, I apologize: but I have my right to an opinion just as much as you do.
and in all honesty, I think the humor approach is much more reliable than even ATTEMPTING to start a serious thread on the topic, because that's just inviting all manner of uncouth replies. Allow people to have fun with it, because they're going to angle it in that direction to matter what. Beat them to the punch, and then there's no reason to be upset.

There's a difference between making jokes on a serious thread, and being serious on a joke thread. It's called an "insurance policy".

There's a difference between taking it "personally" and taking it "seriously." There is no reason to suppose that the OP was taking it anything other than seriously, as I am and have. You are making it impossible to take seriously, and your "insurance policy" amounts to whistling past the graveyard.

In other words, you have derailed the thread. Look at ATS. There are entire sections for the paranormal. But you can't allow a discussion to take place without the hardy har har immaturity to creep in.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

No way, that's the last thing we need. Inviting some demon into the server. There's probably demons in here already. Let along asking for trouble. You do that and next thing you know the whole site is down. Or who knows what. Very dangerous to kinker demons. No it's not some dead dude coming back to chat. It's yoru worst nightmare!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

In continuing this conversation along the vein of whether such a thread could be taken seriously or not, it actually IS on topic. But if you continue to textually badger me about my views on the subject, THAT is off topic, I think. Personal attacks are not allowed. And even if the mods see nothing wrong with it, you're offending my right to express myself in a completely unhurtful manner. Kindly keep your oppressive comments to yourself, and I will continue extending the same courtesy.

End of discussion. Move on.

....I still think the "Coffee With The Dead" thread would be a wonderful idea. If nothing else, it's another outlet for creativity. What with all the interesting hypotheses coming up lately, that sounds like a good idea.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Wouldnt they need a few physical things to accomplish this. Namely fingers to type and a keyboard to type on and computer screen to see what they type. Other than that I dont see why not LOL.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sure why not - death doesnt stop them from voting - now does it ?

second line

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Say ,maybe this is the beginnings of the "Interred-net"!
I foresee a whole new domain for this stuff : .rip

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Think it would be a 'dead' loss if they tried to write here as it would be a 'dead' giveaway that they were actually 'dead ' in that there wouldn't be a ' ghost ' of a chance of it happening......
as long as they don't start 'coffin' the middle of it all....
edit on 1-10-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RavenSpeaks

And Schuyler was getting mad at me for having fun with the idea...

Nice references.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
They would probably be posting Religion forum telling people how wrong they've been.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Who says the dead is not already posting here ....

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
No, the dead cannot participate on ATS because they are .... dead. I don't think it has anything to do with discrimination or prejudice or anything like that. Perhaps you can notify the site owner and ask him to make this website more "dead friendly" just in case it might be an issue of discrimination.

Come on, it's intriguing ,
Your member name is Ghost Driver for the love of God.
Named for the dead who drive the wrong way on the Autobahn.
You can go with a little cyber phantom.

But if they set up the website as a random number generator
and assigned values to words alá webbot ; maybe some bible code? Why not?
Members could ask questions and maybe find answers from a phantom oracle.
I bet many would find it Supernatural 2.0 .

Probably been way done.
I got it !
It could randomly pull up words from the ATS search engine.
That'll make for very interesting results.
edit on 1-10-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2012 by sealing because: because his name is Ghost Driver for the love of god.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Could the Dead , participate on ATS?,

No

Peace

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
The idea is intriguing and has been tried. I think you have to take the idea at face value to discuss it. In other words, jokes notwithstanding, suspend your disbelief. What would it take? How would it work? What are the technical issues? What are the social issues?

SOCIAL ISSUES
Who would even want to communicate? As it was explained to me once, if you woke up from a dream, would you want to tell the dream that’s what it was? Think about it. You die having believed X would happen, and many of us believe nothing will, and suddenly you find yourself in the most wonderful adventure of your “life.” Would you actually be compelled to go through the hassle of communicating with what is now the “other” realm when you now realize all those folks will find out what it’s all about soon enough?

You might just wash your hands of the whole thing and spend your time exploring the new realm. What difference would it make? And if it were very difficult, it would compete for your time. Would you rather study new stuff or hassle with a situation that no longer matters much to you?

TECHNICAL ISSUES
It may seem like it would be trivial to create the very small amount of energy it takes to produce a character on a screen, well within the nebulous powers of the other side. But it’s a lot more complex than that beneath the hood. In order to get a simple space to appear on the screen, for example, the internal computer chips must produce a hexadecimal “20” (“32” in decimal) or, in binary it’s: 00010100. If you are going to get a computer to work internally, you need to know those numbering systems to make those translations. It’s not just a matter of pressing the space bar on the keyboard. To use a computer as a “medium” may provide insurmountable obstacles to any but the most technically inclined. And the most technically inclined may be the least interested in dealing with it.

I myself have even built a “Spiricom” device. Some of you may know of George Meek and the Spiricom device made from HAM radio parts. IN THEORY he had discussions with a dead electrical engineer named George Mueller (a perfect dead candidate). Of course this has engendered a great deal of criticism and skepticism. Be that as it may, I built one anyway using contemporary technology. Carrier tones, for example, were generate by software rather than customized hardware. In any event, I could not get it to work. Then again, I’m impatient and did not wish to listen to these tones for any length of time. A complete accounting of what I did is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

VERIFICATION ISSUES
Basically we’d be in a John Titor kind of situation. We’d have people who absolutely would believe it and absolutely would not. Plus a lot of people would ask constant questions. Personally, as a dead person I wouldn’t want to put forth the effort in a public scenario. Now, in a private scenario where I was attempting to contact a loved one, for example, that might be a different situation.

So in theory this is a great idea. Practically speaking it has its difficulties.

Thanks for the thoughtful , earnest, yet enlivened input into this thread.
But I do not mind good humored replies to such a serious subject either.
Through humor sometimes truth is found?
I personally have a belief that life does go on and on, so in a way the dead are to be cared for as if they are living, some may be so lonely that their very souls are weeping.
Perhaps they are in a dream state that they fear will never end , alone, alone, alone.
Perhaps living compassion may be needed by the dead.
The science as you describe , could indeed be possible, a modern day Book Of the Dead communicated by the dead to aid the living could also be produced if the dead could communicate via the internet.
Perhaps indeed the internet and the world of the next , could be using similar technology?
There are many movies and books that hint at advanced software is what God uses for his illusions, but it takes small steps to be certain of life and death is controlled simulation.
I think mankind is on the brink of knowing many more things via electronic advances, and thus software advances.
Some say the dead flit in and out of this world at will.
There will be rules in the next stage, as is here.
Transmit, receive, alive, dead, in between....how far are we physically from the dead?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Say what? I'm taking it seriously, period. It's not for "fun." It's not a joke, nor do I get the impression OP considered it as such. That's not to say that people are not amused, but I suggest starting something in the jokes forum to further your hilarity. The bottom line is that you are the one who is off topic.

See shuyler you have things perfectly in perspective. You can take the theme of this particular thread and run in any direction.
Good post.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The internet is vastly complex, The design isnt but the way humans have networked everything....We are all connected just like the web... spiritually.... the webs of our consciousness are far beyond our understanding im sure they would be in there communicating rather than a analog imput

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hmmm you must not mean the brain dead people we see in here now and then, trolling for something with nothing....... the real dead? If they could interact here, they could interact on Facebook..... and other comment areas of sites..... and, considering all the proof we like to see in here...... how could a commenter prove he or she were dead? We would all be just as cynical and skeptical as always, wouldn't we?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join