It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
*rocks back and forth holding her head between her hands*

Tip: READ THE THREAD before posting. How can we expect to have any kind of intelligent discussion on a site where the majority of the members either can't or don't bother to read?

Perhaps the initial *ahem* analysis is ridiculously forgiving and not nearly as in depth and critical as it should have been. The smartest post (including the OP) in this thread was by the person that pointed out the Exif/Camera specifications, focal range...and noted why this is likely nothing to cry wolf about.

EDIT: Was referring to SkepticOverlord

Wishful thinking does not things make so. Word to ya muthaz.
edit on 2-10-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you for your rational, sane & critical approach to the claims in the OP. I wish it was a lot more prolific here.

CX

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xistence05

As i said in an earlier post, due to the window being DOWN, those will most probably be splatter marks on the side mirror.

Whether they came from driving through water somewhere, or as some have said, slobber from the goats,...it's on the side mirror.

CX.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
if this has been covered, forgive me, however i have noticed more than one poster on this thread alone confusing the singular and plural of the noun (of greek derivation) 'phenomenon' (singular), as in 'an amazing phenomenon', and 'phenomena' (plural), as in 'such phenomena are extremely rare.' thanks for taking note.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet...but to me it looks like a jet going supersonic, depending on the angle, aircraft and distance this can look unidentifiable, since it is traveling faster than the speed of sound; it won't be heard until it's long gone. The center glow that looks like a reflection of the sun, is most likely the afterburner showing through the vapor.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by xistence05

Watermarks on the mirror.

There is also relection off the rocks to her left.

Here is the interesting bit. Are the lenses of her sunglasses polycarbonate or glass?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

Awesome pictures

There was nothing in the report that says anything about really loud sonic booms though.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
been staring at it for hours on end and something just doesnt seem right(other than a ufo lol) it seems the colors are off or too bright on object, to right there is alot of haze/fog comming in and doesnt look as if it is even around the ship, was the camera shes holding the camera that took pick, because it looks like its facing stright out/down where as ufo would def. need camera pointing up from where she is, is this all they had was one pic , seems odd
i cant figure it out but i know it wasnt taken with that camera, just follow stright line out from where its pointing, it will be ground/lower edge of cliffside at angle its at in pics

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
been staring at it for hours on end and something just doesnt seem right(other than a ufo lol) it seems the colors are off or too bright on object, to right there is alot of haze/fog comming in and doesnt look as if it is even around the ship, was the camera shes holding the camera that took pick, because it looks like its facing stright out/down where as ufo would def. need camera pointing up from where she is, is this all they had was one pic , seems odd
i cant figure it out but i know it wasnt taken with that camera, just follow stright line out from where its pointing, it will be ground/lower edge of cliffside at angle its at in pics

If you look at her face in the mirror it looks like a self portrait like many social network people take of themselves in the mirror. If they are sitting still why so many hands and fingers on a camera? It's a novice move as many cameras have image stabilization. I have a close friend that's a pro photographer with exhibit showings etc. I've never seen him use a camera like this, only novice social network mirror shooters...either she's trying to get into the industry with an incredulous story of ufo, or some publicity if already established.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Why would they report sounds if they are hoaxing or trying to get some publicity? Who else can verify no sounds? her, her companion, and some goats...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I've ran the image through my software... Very curious shape, not quite the classic shape, a disk with a cube on top and a large connecting quarter circular dark metalic joist attatched to the disk and the cube....

Image couldn't be displayed very odd?

Looks like the Phooey Mobile
but on a serious note ...Looks like the old Vimanas.
edit on 2-10-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

On continued inspection it is TOTALLY looking like the artists impression of a Vimana at the top of my link....

edit on 2-10-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

As an artist attention to detail is important. It is a deliberate shot. Her hands and fingers are in a pose for the self portrait. It makes it more interesting.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
reply to post by magma

Why would they report sounds if they are hoaxing or trying to get some publicity? Who else can verify no sounds? her, her companion, and some goats...

The op is on the understanding that the shooter is credible

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hmmm, a photographer/artist gets paid to do what, oh ya, sell pictures. No nothing to gain here......bad press is better than NO press. Playing dumb about whether someone can tell if a photo is faked does not sit well in this line of work. As others here have already stated, the data can be fudged, so where does that leave us ?

Claiming the photo was scrutinized by software not available to the public is real safe....nobody can verify the results. Why not have it looked at by some independant labs to see if all the results match ?

The best part, all posted on a conspiracy website, by the owner, as an exclusive. Great way to pump up the traffic, you get 1 star for playing the angles lol.

Whatever this blob is, the photo needs more scientific investigation and alot less speculation. Considering that the universe is about 10 billion years older than the earth, it is possible we could be visited, I just don't think this is it in the photo.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

yah i get that she was attempting to get selfshot and goats and scene in, i used to do weird crappy shots when i was in school, but im looking or trying to trace from the mirror to camera, camera to ocean or that direction , and camera looks lvl with dirt edge dirt, also it looks like someone is behind here in backseat but cant tell from angle, i dunno it just doesnt look like her shot to me, also what is second pic for i scanned over and over and cant see anything ( or is that the point) only one shot? and to be honest how could you NOT notice that, its bright as hell, shiney and like 50 yards up over location you are taking pictures from lol.

are there any weird bases in crete like submarine or area 51 type deal?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

It's pretty obviously a parasail

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

This quote from the Wiki article just compounds the idea that there is indeed something TPTB need to hide.

Templeton claims to have been visited after the photograph was published by two men from "Her Majesty's Government" who refused to show their identification, referred to each other as numbers, and asked him questions about the activities of local bird life and the weather conditions on the day of the photograph. Templeton claims that when he refused to admit the photo was of a passer-by, the men became angry and drove away leaving him stranded on the marsh five miles from home

While the photo referred to in the OP may well indeed be a plastic bag flying around....

or a pelican diving into the water....

or a spot of water on the rear view mirror....

or a reflection of the woman's ring...

It could also be a UFO.

And as someone who has no background in digital editing or photography...and who is just going with her gut instinct..

It looks like a UFO to me.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by redoubt
Unless the sideview is set to act as a vanity mirror for the driver, there's no logical reason why the photographer would appear in it unless he/she was standing outside the vehicle, near the rear, where it should be reflecting... which they are NOT.

My guess is that the entire scene is staged.

she

was

leaning

out

the

window a bit.. read the OP~!!

Actually, I wondered about this, too, because she's almost perfectly centered in that mirror, so I went out and sat in my car to see whether just having the window down and slightly leaning out (it's clear in the picture that she's not leaning much,) whether I'd be in a similar place in the mirror on my car. Of course, it's a different vehicle, but while I did appear in it, a little, to be centered like that, and to have the mirror reflecting the upper left corner of the back window, the mirror would definitely not be in a position that a driver would normally have it in.

Whether that means anything, I don't know, but it's another oddity of the picture to be noted.

She was taking a self portrait purposely. Would it be so impossible for her to have turned the side mirror inward to get the shot? Come on people. Common sense. And I still say it looks like her ring turned over. The first thing I did when I saw the photo was to look for anything resembling the "ufo." I first saw the smudges on the mirror. Those didn't quite match. Then I saw the ring. Bingo! I agree, people need to get their eyes checked. LOL

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HardToConvince

wouldn't you expect it to be flying out of frame in the upper right corner, or anywhere but perfectly aligned as it is?

perhaps, if you're thinking of the 1950-70's UFO's.. but.. not if you're thinking interdimentional, hovering & cloaked.

just thinking outside the box here. just because everything lines up, doesn't mean it's was put in.. if it was, it would have been caught by now in the exfil data from the original shot....(i'm not an expert, just repeating what has already been gone over 1000 times)

for now.. i'm leaning toward it's a reflection off of something.. for now..

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Due to the fact that the photographer and her companion did not actually notice any humongous silvery UFO looking things hanging in the clear & cloudless sky, I'm gonna have to go with either a digital imaging issue of some kind or the 'goat urine theory'.....The goat on the right looks very suspiscious to me!

Seriously though.....Fascinating post, very well presented but I really don't think we are seeing anything otherworldly here, it's far more likely the product of a digital camera playing up, a small drop of moisture on or in the lens etc. in my opinion.
edit on 2-10-2012 by squarehead666 because: The Usual.....S&P

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join