It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I believe it was accidentally caught on film. I believe shooter was including herself in the photo just for fun and the photo was a self portrait. It is a pretty common thing to do.

I like the idea of a small bug or something. Could be a ghost image reflected off a window of a bug. It is a complete fluke and not staged.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Will read the analysis later because I'm about to bunk off to bed but are there any other photos or just one? If I were there I would snapped as many as I could.
edit on 30-9-2012 by fusionhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
honestly, with all due respect, it looks like a UFO from one of those iphone ufo apps. but im not an expert, just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Regarding the quality of camera this "professional photographer and artist" decided to bring along is completely and utterly irrelevant. Let's not grasp for straws here people. If I were taking a trip on vacation I would not be concerned or bothered to bring a $5,000 camera that could be lost or stolen.

Self portraits are not uncommon either. I've taken many photos of myself in a similar fashion.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

The photographer not seeing this is highly suspicious obviously, I don't understand how you could miss something like that.

Secondly, just to point if and I say IF, this picture had been faked (despite the rigorous tests done on it), the reflective surface of the object (complete with sun location on it), would be placed in the exact position where you would expect to see it using the goats shadow. The sun produces some weird shadows sometimes but for me the placing of the reflections is just too perfect imo.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Ok at this point I want to show a "UFO" Photo that was taken in Chesaning Mi by a friend on her farm.
I wanted to post this on ATS a while ago Early march late april of 2012 when this photo was taken. I asked her many times on FB about it I did not get much out of her when I asked. She was a old friend from years ago and after several attempts to contact her about the photo she "Unfriended me? Was very weird inho.

Here is the ATS upload.

Here is the actual image uploaded to a host.
Link to full original file.
edit on 30-9-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
from my feeling it does not seem thaaat far aways... I would say it is one of this helium filled baloons you can get a a fair... and, maybe it is only me, for me the shape looks like the head of a panda slightly tilted back

silver black panda head shaped helium filled baloon in the sunlight
that's it...

btw. I say panda because my imagination shows me black panda eyes

edit on 30-9-2012 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
History will record what this object is - whether real or not, I've now spent 30mins organizing a huge shin-dig for the C2C show with ALL of my mates for later on

Phage, stop with the lateral thinking logic will ya - you are bursting my "they are finally revealing themselves" bubble - seriously though, keep up the fantastic analysis - certainly bought me down a few pegs.

Go ATS - fight this one until the question has been answered.

Good arguments on both sides here.

(my shout if its deemed authentically "other worldly")

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I feel her reasoning for not seeing it could fall under a few conditions:

1) The "UO" is not visible to the naked eye.

2) The "UO" is traveling at an incredible. I am not sure if this would prevent itself from being captured by the camera or just the human eye.

Sometimes we are so fixated on a specific object while taking a photo (either the goats or herself) that we do miss things like this. The original image shows the object as pretty small, relative to the other objects in the presented photo.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Pretty sure that 1/1125 shutter speed is pretty quick. Why could she have not missed it.

If it was say a passing bug and the only reason it is being discussed is it was caught on that shot.

If it was not in that shot we would never know.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ok, I sent the pic provided in the OP to a friend of mine that works in graphics for media/advertising/marketing firms in the local area.

This is what he told me, and I quote.

"Whatever the hell that is it's not real. The object was added after the photo was taken, converted to a negative and they added green and purplish-red tint to certain areas so it looked hazy and indistinguishable when converted back."

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Nice work. Are the individual pixels on the object a testament to this or is it from the editing software your friend used? Intriguing.

Also, what is with the dark spot on the top right of the object where the sun reflection was originally shown at?
edit on 30-9-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

What's the point of uploading that photo?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Can someone please provide me a link to Coast to Coast AM for tonight's show? I believe I am on the right station currently but I want to be sure. I'd really like to hear peoples opinions on this.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

The pic is mine. After he emailed me back, I imported the pic into WildBit editor, I know....it sucks but I have no knowledge of photo editing and it is a free download. I made it into a negative, zoomed in and added the pic to my post. He did not send a pic in his email, but I can see the green and purple he was talking about.

You guys will have to figure this one out as I have no clue what is up or down when it comes to real/rake pics.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

So the expert who analysed the photo in the op wasted all that time and effort

Really?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Some on here want the photo's specs. I provided original photo so it can be checked out.
Good question!
edit on 30-9-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR
but in this case, i think she is a fraud... pro photographer???
like someone else pointed out...with a canon s100???

I'm what you may call a semi professional photographer, and depending where I travel outside the US, I don't always bring my good equipment. I'll take a Canon Powershot D10...since it's waterproof, takes decent photos, and I won't lose any sleep over it being stolen. So I can't criticize her for using a simple camera.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

So the expert who analysed the photo in the op wasted all that time and effort

Really?

No no! Please don't misunderstand. I sent this to a few people to share what I thought was a great UFO pic and this is what he sent back to me.

I'm sure there are people on this site that are just as knowledgeable and can either confirm or debunk what my friend has said.

I have no reason to doubt Ritzman's conclusion.....I'm just adding to the conversation.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Everyone take note... This is how you create a thread!!

S & F

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join