It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions You Will Not Hear During 2012 Presidential Debates

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The 2012 Presidential debates are upon us, with the first one just days away. I am expecting it to be a good show, with both candidates not saying anything new and pandering to both of their political bases. Recently, I've been trying to brainstorm and come up with questions that will most likely NOT be posed to either candidate during the debates for the fear they will expose the two men as very much alike. I will post what I have so far once I get them a bit more formulated, but I thought maybe my friends here on ATS would have some good opinions on the matter and most definitely something to add. They do not have to be questions that specifically shine a light on the similarities between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, but questions you believe we will not hear asked in general would be much appreciated.

For instance, I would love to hear a question for Romney asking him what specifically he agrees and disagrees with when it comes to Obamacare, since much of the bill was taken from his own legislation. I'd also like Obama to be asked whether he was against or for the assassination of US citizens and if there was a kill list, since he has publicly contradicted himself on this issue. Romney seems to support that type of governmental activity, as well, so it would very nicely put it into perspective.

Here is a website that has already formulated a pretty good list, I thought: Questions for the 2012 Presidential Debates Which Won’t Be Asked

Here is a sample of what they've come up with so far:

- Would you kill a 16-year-old boy with a drone strike if the CIA considered him a potential threat and possible future terrorist due to his familial relations?

- What classifies an American citizen as a terrorist?

- You have received numerous donations from various international banking and investment companies. Do they have more influence on your decision making than the average American citizen?

- Should Kim Dotcom be allowed to set up a new Megaupload website?

- Recently, French scientists discovered that GMO corn causes cancer in rats. Should further studies be conducted and should the Monsanto Corporation be investigated?

- Al-Qaeda has been shown to be behind the rebellion in the various Northern African and Middle Eastern countries. Should the rebels continue to be supported?

- The United States’ national debt is now around 16 trillion. Do you have a plan to pay this off along with serious mathematical models to back up your claims?

- Recently, the Bilderberg group met in Chantilly, Virginia. What was your role in attending or sending one of your officials to attend? What did you all agree on at that meeting?

- If Israel were to attack Turkey, a NATO ally, would the United States remain neutral or come to the aid of its longtime ally Turkey?

- Do you agree with Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke’s decision to proceed with indefinite quantitative easing?

- In August of 2012, veteran Brandon Raub was committed to a mental institution for posting inflammatory comments on his private Facebook page. Were the Federal, State, and Local police force correct to do this?

Many of them of course are hypothetical but I think they are interesting none the less. What do you guys think? Maybe you disagree and believe that the debates will actually involve tough questions this time around based on the state of our country? As I stated above, I expect a good show but hardly anything new being said.

The way I see it, the race is quite tight based on how awful Obama has done and the people's view of him but similarly Romney is not fairing well with how awkward he is and how people view him, as well. So I think the debates are pretty important, whoever can come off sounding better and more polished may be able to take the lead in the homestretch. It's my personal opinion (and has been since 08) that Romney was chosen to lose to Obama, but nothing surprises me anymore, I could see them giving Romney the keys to the convertible, so to speak.

But that's not really what this thread is about. I am interested in what you guys and gals believe will NOT be asked at the Presidential debates. Let's get to brainstorming.
edit on 30-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

Well, I'm not from the good ole' US of A but if they start asking questions like that, I'll down tools and watch it as if it was UFO disclosure that was about to be announced!!!

Awesome questions, one could only imagine the Umms and Ahhs from the respondents.

Questions that won't be asked......

1. What is wrong with US foreign policy?
2. Why is the USA despised in the middle east?
3. Does the C.I.A act in the best interests of national security?
4. Why is the USA denying the existence of UFO's when other countries have released their files & all but openly admitted the reality of same?
5. Why will the USA not allow allied military bases on US soil? - Australia for instance?

S&F.

edit on 30-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What will NOT be asked, you say?

1. Governor Romney, it shows poor character to take a stance on something and then flip flop, and then flip flop again, and again. Why do you do this so much?

2. President Obama, why did you make so many promises last election that were CLEARLY empty promises, and how do we know that you're not doing the same thing this election?

3. Question for both candidates. Do you intend to do more work than golf?

4. Leading the country should be a privilege. Why have neither of you elected to take the average middle class salary like Ron Paul said he would if he was elected?

5. Governor Romney, why are you so out of touch with the people you plan on presiding over that you think the average middle class worker makes $200,000 to $250,000 a year?

edit on 30-9-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

One question I'd ask. Would you still want to be President if it were a voluntary position, no pay, no financial gain.

Des

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

One question I'd ask. Would you still want to be President if it were a voluntary position, no pay, no financial gain.

Des

I'd love to hear their honest answers to that, but I think we both know they would just fabricate some elaborate lie.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Is the first question referring to a particular 16 year old boy?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The ultimate question that won't be asked

"Why isn't the United States the Best Country on Earth, and what will you do to ensure that it is once again"?

With nods to HBO's "The Newsroom".

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

edit on 1/10/12 by JustMike because: Removed duplicate post.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I bet we'll get some good ones like President Obama if you could be a tree which one would you be?

I imagine these "debates" will be softball all the way so that their man can come off charming and funny while saying nothing. If they keep it about charm and personality rather than substance Obama wins.

Romeny is stiff - no doubt about that but this isn't Prom King - its POTUS. Sad really that seems to be what it has become.

My bet is Obama will lose the first one then "win" the second and third by using quips from the first against Romney.

Obama team are set to lose the first one it’s all in the news today - I think on purpose to neutralize the challenger edge and even the odds closer to E-day.

Make him look like a come from behind guy. People eat that up.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Awesome job so far, thanks guys. I love some of the stuff you've brought up.

reply to post by Sublimecraft

I think the question about the CIA and it's viability is extremely pertinent and one that should have been being asked for years now, but we all know (or most of us do) the control the intelligence agencies, and specifically the CIA, have over our government and the media. For those reasons alone this question would get scrapped in an instant. I also would love to see some questions about UFOs. For such a widespread phenomenon, the amount of coverage it gets by mainstream media, scientists, and academics (little to zero) should tell us exactly how important it is. Again, something that will never be asked, but should.

reply to post by Qemyst

Awesome job, Qemyst. I loved every one of your proposed questions, especially the one about the fact leading our country is a privilege and should be treated as such. You'd think a candidate who truly wanted to win would take a stance such as this to really show the middle class and the vast majority of voters that they are someone who can be trusted. Taking a pay cut doesn't show complete honesty, but boy, that would be a hell of a start and unprecedented.

reply to post by Destinyone

Another great question. One which would allow for a whole bunch of lies being spewed from their mouths but nonetheless I think it brings up a good point that the Presidency itself is a job that has become overinflated and honestly does not hold as much weight as most Americans give it. Obviously the President is the most powerful man in the world, in terms of government, and I feel especially in Romney's case that some people just treat it as another stepping stone in their career. If they were not paid as much and the benefit of the job was leveled out more in touch with how truly difficult and important the position is, I think many people would be less apt to run for it. We in America like to create a feel-good fantasy around everything and pull the wool over our eyes, but the true grittiness and difficulty of the task at hand gets lost in all that muck.

reply to post by EllaMarina

From what I can understand, no it is not. Just a hypothetical.

reply to post by babybunnies

This is certainly the most important question of them all, and one that involves many intricate answers, some we may not even be aware of yet because we have yet to delve into the true complexities of why as a nation we are failing. Once again, a question that would receive a whole lot of fluff in their answers, I hear them saying something like, "Well, America IS the greatest country in the world." And, you know, it some regards it certainly is. But we have taken a wrong turn and are currently in free fall as we have driven off a cliff and many people just want to claim American excellency while not doing the things to back up the claim.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Governor Romney you have stated your religion excluded you from military service so during Vietnam you left for missionary work in France how can you rationalize that if elected you would preside as Commander and Chief over all US Forces.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: refrase

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I would really like someone to ask Obama to expound on his assertion that "Washington DC can't be changed from within", I mean, most of us already knew that, but it would be good if he'd lay it out for those who don't. Then maybe we could nix these dog and pony campaign shows once and for all and candidates could just hang for sale signs on their lapels and give it up to the highest bidders.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

That's what I'm expecting, the good ol' softball questions. I'm sure they will be more apt to give Mr. Obama an easier time but really in comparison I'm sure Romney will just get asked questions that are suited to allow him an eloquent answer, as well. It is just a farce really, in my opinion. I'm anxious to find out though. It is sad what this has all become. I do give personality a TINY bit of relevance, but only in the diplomatic sense. We need someone who connects with the average American and other citizens of the world, and neither Obama or Romney fall into that category in my eyes. I think you are right about what will happen, I expect Romney will win the first one and then Obama will clean it up. We'll see, though.

reply to post by Grimpachi

I think this is a great topic that should be brought up Grimpachi. It drives me insane, as I know it does many others, that these so called 'chicken hawks' preside over the military and send others children to die when they themselves did everything they could to get out of such service. Romney wants to serve this country as President, yet when his time came to fight for this country, he was too busy trying to recruit Mormons in France, while living in one hell of a mansion, from what I've read. Of course, he tells a different story. I'd love to hear his answer concerning his deferments and religious mission, which at the time the Mormon church was scaling back because of increasing criticism of it being an excuse many were using to get out of their service.

reply to post by frazzle

Haha, I love the image that you laid out for us. I, too, would love to hear him asked about his statement, and I could actually see this one being asked since it happened recently and did cause enough of a stir. I thought it was a very interesting comment. If you cannot change Washington from within, can it be done from the outside? Can it be done at all? I'd like to hear Mr. Obama's opinion expounded on a bit more.

Great job, guys. This is exactly what I was hoping for. I wish the thread had taken off a bit more but we still have time and I see it's now on the front page, so hopefully tomorrow we will get some more input.

Thanks again everyone.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Romney and Obama, do either of you have the testicles to debate Ron Paul 1 on 1?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Questions You Will Not Hear During 2012 Presidential Debates

Where are my keys? Why is there only one sock...?

I would actually ask
When are we really going to get our troops home?
When are we getting rid of the 1 par...er I meant 2 party system and give 3rd parties equal air time?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I would ask, If it took you 4 years to spend 6 trillion dollars, how then do you plan on paying it back in 4 years. And I dont really care who spend it they are all the same too me. Same crooks different faces.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Thank you for posing a question that has been absent from this entire presidential race from the start: "What about the troops?"

As an individual wrapping up a tour in Afghanistan, it makes me feel a little disgruntled that people just like me are over here getting shot in the back by our "allies" (who are using equipment to do it with that the american taxpayer funded), getting blown up and disfigured every day, and everyone pretty much ignores it. The fact that the war is generally ignored by the American public I can abide by, as an 11 year war will lose popularity as we move on to bigger and better things like the new season of survivor ( I hear some guy who got lit on fire on the show is getting a secong chance! Can't wait!:lol
. What really grinds my gears, however, is that the current CINC and someone who wishes to take his place refuse to discuss this issue. It almost never comes up in any political discourse. They want to ask the hard questions, like, "What will you do about the budget?" Well, how about we start looking at how much it costs America to build a nation out of dust for an unwilling people, or how many young men have to die in order to make that happen?

I do not believe that any sort of question will be asked in regards to Afghanistan, and I feel that if a question is posed, there will be a profound memory lapse about what's going on over here from both sides.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Questions that should be asked...

1. Do you think the Constitution is toilet paper?

2. Do you really think everyone buys your koolaid?

3. Is that Gel in your hair or are you just happy to see me?

4. WTF is wrong with you?

5. Why do you want to spy in my bedroom?

6. Why do you want my neighbors spying in my bedroom?

7. Why dont you start paying off the debt?

8. Why do you keep adding to the debt?

9. Why dont you just stop spending money on people who dont want it or get it?

10. Why you , what makes you so g-damned special?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

It was a reference to an Al Quaida leader's son who was "droned" in his house althogh the CIA knew his dad wasn't in the house at that time, but they bombed it anyway, thus killing an innocent 16 year old boy who had no involvement with the terrorist group.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
I bet we'll get some good ones like President Obama if you could be a tree which one would you be?

I imagine these "debates" will be softball all the way so that their man can come off charming and funny while saying nothing. If they keep it about charm and personality rather than substance Obama wins.

Romeny is stiff - no doubt about that but this isn't Prom King - its POTUS. Sad really that seems to be what it has become.

My bet is Obama will lose the first one then "win" the second and third by using quips from the first against Romney.

Obama team are set to lose the first one it’s all in the news today - I think on purpose to neutralize the challenger edge and even the odds closer to E-day.

Make him look like a come from behind guy. People eat that up.

Roger the opener, Golf. Star. It makes me wonder if guys like BHO believe
the tree of liberty was the cherry that George chopped down early on.

And if there's no disputing even a terrible fact, there's no debate fodder. For
substance, I'm going to risk an infringement and make a t-shirt out of 'that
look' from Dr. Paul. Maybe out of strawberry licorice, for a last meal... I do
come from a prdominately red state, and for corruption's sake should stick
to the color code for flavor LOL. Too bad that by this point all we're getting
to choose from is horse apples and moldy oranges, SOS. Even worse, both
candidates are going to avoid admitting "a MONEY tree", all they really are.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join