It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic National Committee predicts Romney will win first debate vs. Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yup, you read that right...

Democratic National Committee predicts Romney will win first debate vs. Obama

It's a further lowering of expectations ahead of the first debate in Denver next week. Democratic National Committee spokesman Brad Woodhouse tells Fox News he thinks Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will win.

Woodhouse says the way the DNC sees it, challengers win the first debate when they are up against incumbents.

"Mitt Romney has had a lot more time to debate, the president has not debated in the past four years in terms, of a campaign debate. I think the president will hold his own, but he's not known for sound bites. And these are 60 second, 90 second responses."

Woodhouse says Democrats are "trying to be realistic about expectations" because the president is "lucky to be able to devote three consecutive hours to debate preparation."

You just can't make this stuff up....

Bozo's been president for the last four years... How much preparation does he need to to defend himself???

edit on 30-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

To be honest I'm really looking forward to seeing Obama off the teleprompter. He will not even talk to the press these last four years because he can't read his replies off the teleprompter as someone else writes it for him.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
They are setting expectations low, it's a common political tactic.

Many Republican analysts said Obama had a clear advantage because of more experience in one on one presidential debates. Most of the Democratic people said Romney would win because he's had more recent practice.

None of them want to set a high bar for their guy and have them fall short then face an overreaction from the electorate.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

LoL to anyone who believes the Presidential debates are an actual debate

They're not predicting it, they're creating it and by they I mean both the Republicans & Democrats (their cronies also included). They create the "debates", the questions asked & the answers given, the rules, and who can attend. The "debates" are a literally a production to make the politicians look good and people need to understand this asap.

George Carlin on the American Dream

edit on 30-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I will be extremely disappointed in Romney doesn't make mincemeat of our Failure in Chief.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

For as much as you moan about how the "System is broken", you sure do like to be a cheerleader for the Republicans.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Was I doing that during the Bush administration?

I really despise hypocrisy.

But if it makes you feel better to think so.

edit on 30-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Yup, you read that right...

You just can't make this stuff up....

Bozo's been president for the last four years... How much preparation does he need to to defend himself???

Well what they said is true... the president hasn't debated in four years while Romney has been in the circuit for months now.. that's why they expect Romney to basically "put on a better show" in the first debate .. it makes perfect sense to me..

However..

While I think Obama probably won't be at 100% in the first debate, I don't see him losing it .. Romney has been sticking his foot in his mouth a bit too much lately.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So there are winners and losers in debates? Yeah, I would say there are. Just not in the way a large part of the population perceives victory and defeat. I'm sure we can use polls as a numerical measurement of progression or digression. If you believe in such a thing as polls being honest and accurate. It's no different than media giving an honest and accurate account of information.Not me, not this guy. Although I do think sources of information are accurate and honest when it is convenient. With that being said, I'm hard pressed to believe that sources of information are honest and accurate on a consistent basis when certain biases are built within the system of information distribution. Biases such as financial, social, and empirical.This bias of information reception and distribution even exists within myself, even as I write this it comes with certain social and financial biases. To believe for one second that others with much more to lose than myself are honest for honesty's sake is (in my opinion) naive.The real winners and losers are not republicans and democrats or left wing and right wing, but rather the owning class and everyone else, the haves and the have nots. The real measurement of victory and defeat is how much consent can be manufactured within this system of control. How strongly the majority of the population believe that established control is in their hands.
edit on 30-9-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
How will you be able to tell if there is a winner or a loser - they agree on a great deal of things.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

This fine piece of political art is also "predicting" a Romney-win.

Sorry Loam, i had to.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wow, do people not know how politics work?

Going into a debate, both sides lowers expectations as much as possible. Both sides will claim the other candidate should EASILY defeat the other.

They do this so that no matter what happens, they either look good or they look like they expected this.

This is basic political campaigning folks.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Debates are meaningless yeah they do lower expections, then claim the opposite when their guy "wins".

Looking back at the Kerry/Bush debates they all said Kerry "won", but we all know who became potus.

Then add voting has already begun in some states people's minds have already been made up "debates"
are just a formality.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I imagine these "debates" will be softball all the way so that Obama (the media darling) can come off charming and funny while saying nothing. If they (the media) keep it about charm and personality rather than substance Obama wins.

Romeny is stiff - no doubt about that but this isn't Prom King - its POTUS. Sad really that seems to be what it has become.

My bet is Obama will lose the first one then "win" the second and third by using quips from the first against Romney.

Obama team are set to lose the first one it’s all in the news today - I think they are doing it on purpose to neutralize the challenger edge and even the odds closer to E-day.

Make him look like a come from behind guy. People eat that up.

I imagine the questions will avoid the economy in general and especially Obama's record by claiming to focus on "the way ahead rather than the past" and focus on foreign policy so the Amateur-in-Chief can say he has "experience" and "skill" over Romney in some area.

I would only have one thing to say if I were Romney about foreign policy - Mr. President lets consult the Ambassador to Libya on that matter to see what he thinks about our policy of leading from behind...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Can't wait to see Obama call Romney out for being the warmonger he is. It'll happen and it won't be pretty.

Ann will have to look away, worried for his mental health.
The GOP will flip a lid and realize, yeah, we never had a chance.
Shoulda let Ron Paul have a fair shake.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Sek82 because: abbreviation

top topics

join